JGA REGIONAL SCORES POST HERE

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Bragenrights

Post by Bragenrights »

And stop steriotyping me as a rich person or whatever you said I am a unbiased player from a middle class family in lakeville
Afaninthestands

Post by Afaninthestands »

bardown30 wrote:Here's some news: There are certain parents for one of the teams that has paid to have the state police at the upcoming state game. That shows how out of hand it was last time. I am not kidding either. This takes JG hockey to a new height. This will be a great battle.
I do believe that a lot of HS games have cops policing the games for crowd control, so no, I don't find this unusual. Given how the comments from Edina
have been running, I am glad that there will be security there. I think a lot of students from both schools are attending, and it is to protect everyone so this doesn't get out of hand. Hoping for a great game--
private9

Post by private9 »

if there were student sections for both ER and Edina, it would be perfect
Ice Cream Tape Job
NipeShow8

Post by NipeShow8 »

hahaha i know there will be one from edina...and idk who that bardown30 is, hes not on our team....at least this year
bardown30

Post by bardown30 »

NipeShow8 wrote:hahaha i know there will be one from edina...and idk who that bardown30 is, hes not on our team....at least this year
I wouldn't be so sure my friend :lol:
LaceEmUp17

Post by LaceEmUp17 »

I propose with 1 week until state begins we start talking more about what really matters...........THE TOURNAMENT!

This is starting to look worse then the "JGB" forum :)
Afaninthestands

LaceEmUp17 wrote:I propose with 1 week until state begins we start talking more about what really matters...........THE TOURNAMENT!

This is starting to look worse then the "JGB" forum :)
Agree---
Bragenrights

Post by Bragenrights »

[quote="Afaninthestands"][quote="LaceEmUp17"]I propose with 1 week until state begins we start talking more about what really matters...........THE TOURNAMENT!

This is starting to look worse then the "JGB" forum :)[/quote]

Agree---[/quote]

Also agree. Is it true there will b no banquet?
LaceEmUp17

Post by LaceEmUp17 »

Yes, that is true. No banquets for any state tournaments. It is not in the Minnesota Hockey budget for this year.
private9

Post by private9 »

Too bad.

Good call though, lets stay away from the JGB stuff.

Anyone who hasnt posted picks, keep em coming
Ice Cream Tape Job
bigdeal

Post by bigdeal »

bardown – in all sincerity, I commend you for pursuing your education. Even a three time, JGA medal winner like you didn’t have the opportunity to play D-1 or go pro. Such a small percentage of kids do, so regardless of your aspirations, education is the key to your future. Maybe one day you’ll choose to use that fine, undergraduate education for some good. Like I said, I don’t have a problem with wealthy people and I really don’t care how you earned it. I do have a problem with people using it as a status symbol and a basis for classifying others. I’m proud of you for recognizing stereotypes aren’t fair.

It is sad police have to be present at any youth sporting event. That speaks volumes about our society in general. My goal was to point out the hypocritical and stereotypical comments being made about ER, not to defend the actions of any fan or player, Edina or ER. This kind of thing happens everywhere – poor sportsmanship is not isolated to ER - as demonstrated in this forum. Two or more parties are required for conflict to occur. That means neither side is innocent. If you are too self-righteous to take accountability, that’s an entirely different problem.

This forum is a place for hockey fans and players to discuss a source of pride for our state, not to effect social change, and I respect that. Realizing A lot of serious accusations and bigoted comments have been made, in writing, by a few. For people who love hockey, it’s a disgrace to the sport. The ER coach has been a youth hockey coach for years, and I hope an investigation is opened into whether the accusations against him are accurate. In the US, that’s a basic right we provide everyone.

Speculating who has the better team is irrelevant, who cares?? It should be a good game regardless of who wins. Good luck to both teams and I hope fans can behave maturely and the kids leave everything on the ice –in the end, it’s just a game.

ER players – it has been my pleasure watching you develop over the years. Not just as hockey players, but people. Many of you have overcome a lot of adversity through your hockey careers, and that will serve you well in the future. You have the love and support of your fans regardless of your record.
Gangstee15

Post by Gangstee15 »

bigdeal wrote:bardown – in all sincerity, I commend you for pursuing your education. Even a three time, JGA medal winner like you didn’t have the opportunity to play D-1 or go pro. Such a small percentage of kids do, so regardless of your aspirations, education is the key to your future. Maybe one day you’ll choose to use that fine, undergraduate education for some good. Like I said, I don’t have a problem with wealthy people and I really don’t care how you earned it. I do have a problem with people using it as a status symbol and a basis for classifying others. I’m proud of you for recognizing stereotypes aren’t fair.

It is sad police have to be present at any youth sporting event. That speaks volumes about our society in general. My goal was to point out the hypocritical and stereotypical comments being made about ER, not to defend the actions of any fan or player, Edina or ER. This kind of thing happens everywhere – poor sportsmanship is not isolated to ER - as demonstrated in this forum. Two or more parties are required for conflict to occur. That means neither side is innocent. If you are too self-righteous to take accountability, that’s an entirely different problem.

This forum is a place for hockey fans and players to discuss a source of pride for our state, not to effect social change, and I respect that. Realizing A lot of serious accusations and bigoted comments have been made, in writing, by a few. For people who love hockey, it’s a disgrace to the sport. The ER coach has been a youth hockey coach for years, and I hope an investigation is opened into whether the accusations against him are accurate. In the US, that’s a basic right we provide everyone.

Speculating who has the better team is irrelevant, who cares?? It should be a good game regardless of who wins. Good luck to both teams and I hope fans can behave maturely and the kids leave everything on the ice –in the end, it’s just a game.

ER players – it has been my pleasure watching you develop over the years. Not just as hockey players, but people. Many of you have overcome a lot of adversity through your hockey careers, and that will serve you well in the future. You have the love and support of your fans regardless of your record.
First of all, all this hoopla of this one game is rediculous. Personally I have played against Elk River twice this year and no doubt they are the cheapest team I once again say I have played this year. (I can not speak for anyone else) In our game ER fans and players were yelling derogatory terms and fans were throwing pucks, waterbottles full of chew and other objects at our players (COMPLETELY REDICULOUS). To bigdeal and everyone else, this is a game why are we making it such a bigdeal. This forum needs to turn back to how it was. On the other hand instead of pointing out just the assosciation your affiliated with, this year of JGA has been the most fun, each team is good and can play against agyone. Hopefully the hidden curriculum of respect, responsibility, and hard work can overcome the drive to call someone a "chink". I have sat by and read each post day by day and the only thing it does is add more tension, that is why this will be my last post about this embarassing topic.
private9

Post by private9 »

Gangstee15 wrote:
bigdeal wrote:bardown – in all sincerity, I commend you for pursuing your education. Even a three time, JGA medal winner like you didn’t have the opportunity to play D-1 or go pro. Such a small percentage of kids do, so regardless of your aspirations, education is the key to your future. Maybe one day you’ll choose to use that fine, undergraduate education for some good. Like I said, I don’t have a problem with wealthy people and I really don’t care how you earned it. I do have a problem with people using it as a status symbol and a basis for classifying others. I’m proud of you for recognizing stereotypes aren’t fair.

First of all, all this hoopla of this one game is rediculous. Personally I have played against Elk River twice this year and no doubt they are the cheapest team I once again say I have played this year. (I can not speak for anyone else) In our game ER fans and players were yelling derogatory terms and fans were throwing pucks, waterbottles full of chew and other objects at our players (COMPLETELY REDICULOUS). To bigdeal and everyone else, this is a game why are we making it such a bigdeal. This forum needs to turn back to how it was. On the other hand instead of pointing out just the assosciation your affiliated with, this year of JGA has been the most fun, each team is good and can play against agyone. Hopefully the hidden curriculum of respect, responsibility, and hard work can overcome the drive to call someone a "chink". I have sat by and read each post day by day and the only thing it does is add more tension, that is why this will be my last post about this embarassing topic.
word cotton. from the drop of the puck, this one will be a good one.
Ice Cream Tape Job
Afaninthestands

private9 wrote:
Gangstee15 wrote:

word cotton. from the drop of the puck, this one will be a good one.
I would hardly think that objects were being thrown at you (or were the ref's just that blind that they couldn't see it?)--right---
Let's just play the game---
Good luck to all--
blueblood

thi topic is done

Post by blueblood »

well said. Now, blueblood is putting an official end to the ER topic. Why? 3 reasons:

1) The game is on the ice; not in the stands. Show up and play like men and quit bellyaching.

2) Sad for me to say, but I'm from ER and am ashamed of what happened. None of that crap happended when I played in the old barn. The fans were great and respected good hockey. Joel Otto, Paul Ostby, the Millesses' and the Lehn's didn't pull that crap....GROW UP PEOPLE!

3) blue is still hurtin' from the loss to Lakeville and doesn't want to relive any of the moments from Highland arena :cry:

So, like Laceemup17 said: "Let's talk about STATE, becuase that's where it's at boys....
Play Like a Champion Today
Gangstee15

Post by Gangstee15 »

Faninthestands I hate to say it but I'm telling the truth a puck was thrown at our goalie and missed then the spitters and empty chew tins were thrown at the end of the game the ref saw it then but what could you do
CP Eagles

Post by CP Eagles »

Probably the only time I'll post on here because just reading it is so much more fun.

bigdeal - you come in here and try and get all philosophical on us and defend ER without actually defending them. Basically you just rambled on for paragraphs citing Utopian ideals trying to sound super smart without actually defining your position so that no one could criticize you. Pretty spinless if you ask me, if your going to post so much, at least have the balls to take a stand. None of us need your lecturing on societies issues, this is a JGA hockey thread take your Utopian BS elsewhere.

I was not at the ER - Edina game although I will be at the next one. I was however at the ER - SLP game the next day and can say that while their on ice conduct was not nearly as bad, before the game the ER team could be heard from their locker room screaming and getting "pumped up" prior to the game. While there is certainly nothing wrong with this, at one point a player could be clearly heard yelling "We're all on cocaine!!" (hence rhino06's post a few back). I certainly hope this was a joke, rather poor taste considering the day before.

Not long after that, the entire team broke into a chant/sing along type thing and while it was somewhat mushed as to what they were saying, it appeared that several "white-supremacy" type phrases were included in it.