WBL/Cretin 1/9/2010

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

eastside hockey

Post by eastside hockey »

Im going to take White Bear in this one. Cretin has one line producing too much of its scoring. As much as I dont like to see White Bear win within the conference, I will chose the better of two evils. white Bear should post a 2 goal margin if the thier goal tending can hold on. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hockeyfan#8

Post by Hockeyfan#8 »

WB 6
CDH 5

It will be a high scoring game with cretins high scoring top line and white bears high scroing top two lines. I don't know much about cretins d and goalie but white bears d and goalies have not impressed me this year. We can all :wink: only hope that the bears figure out all of their defensive problems fast
"If your not first, your last" R.B.
BearsSensGophs

Post by BearsSensGophs »

Any sort of update?
BearsSensGophs

Post by BearsSensGophs »

My sources tell me its 1-1 in the 2nd
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

WBLhockeyfan8 and hockeyfan8 must have been grounded and can't update scores..... :oops:

Actually, I saw both whippersnappers at the game as I was leaving...
mnhcky65

Post by mnhcky65 »

Goldfishdude wrote:WBLhockeyfan8 and hockeyfan8 must have been grounded and can't update scores..... :oops:

score update?
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

mnhcky65 wrote:
Goldfishdude wrote:WBLhockeyfan8 and hockeyfan8 must have been grounded and can't update scores..... :oops:

score update?
I wish I could help you, but all the parents have disowned me, and won't allow me to stay and watch..... #-o
BearsSensGophs

Post by BearsSensGophs »

Goldfishdude wrote:
mnhcky65 wrote:

score update?
I wish I could help you, but all the parents have disowned me, and won't allow me to stay and watch..... #-o
And my source...well shes being really slow. Fish how did JV do? Assuming you saw them.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Lost 3-0.

Shots were like 27-15,16.. but since I sit on the goalie ends, there were some 2nd and 3rd saves that weren't counted due to the congestion in front of the net. Tommy said he counted 34 shots, but then again, he's struggling with advanced math. Cretin pretty much manhandled us. We had a few chances. Their goalie made a great save on Prendergast on a breakaway. It was 1-0 midway thru 3rd then both teams got real chippy, and we forgot to protect the d-zone. Two goals with guys standing on top of crease. I swear Cretin had 15 odd-man rushes. Butters wasn't happy with the effort.
BearsSensGophs

Post by BearsSensGophs »

Goldfishdude wrote:Lost 3-0.

Shots were like 27-15,16.. Cretin pretty much manhandled us. We had a few chances. Their goalie made a great save on Prendergast on a breakaway. It was 1-0 midway thru 3rd then both teams got real chippy, and we forgot to protect the d-zone. Two goals with guys standing on top of crease. I swear Cretin had 15 odd-man rushes. Butters wasn't happy with the effort.
Dang, tough. Ya he prolly tore em a new one. Speaking of Prendergast he just told me the final was...

Bears...3
CDH...2
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Allthough not always reliable, my sources tell me the Bears won tonight 3-2.

As for the initiation, my kid played three years and I never heard anything about an initiation. Like I said, my sources are not always reliable.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

captainjimmy18 wrote:

Shots were like 27-15,16.. Cretin pretty much manhandled us. We had a few chances. Their goalie made a great save on Prendergast on a breakaway. It was 1-0 midway thru 3rd then both teams got real chippy, and we forgot to protect the d-zone. Two goals with guys standing on top of crease. I swear Cretin had 15 odd-man rushes. Butters wasn't happy with the effort.
Dang, tough. Ya he prolly tore em a new one. Speaking of Prendergast he just told me the final was...

Bears...3
CDH...2
Should I take credit for coaching from here, Jimbo?? \:D/ :D

Solid defense... solid goaltending and timely scoring!! This is the effort I have been searching for...

Now we can start mapping the route for the Conference Championship parade...
BearsSensGophs

Post by BearsSensGophs »

Goldfishdude wrote:
captainjimmy18 wrote:

Bears...3
CDH...2
Should I take credit for coaching from here, Jimbo?? \:D/ :D

Solid defense... solid goaltending and timely scoring!! This is the effort I have been searching for...

Now we can start mapping the route for the Conference Championship parade...
You can take all the credit you want! :lol: I like it.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

BodyShots wrote:Allthough not always reliable, my sources tell me the Bears won tonight 3-2.

As for the initiation, my kid played three years and I never heard anything about an initiation. Like I said, my sources are not always reliable.
Last edited by Goldfishdude on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PowerForward25

Post by PowerForward25 »

Well i would like to take the time out to brag because i predicted the final score accurately 8)

Great win for the bears against an above average team. CDH has one of the top scoring lines in the suburban east and a U of M recruit on the blue line.

My congrats go out to the bears. Always fun to see a private team lose. :twisted:
Now don't take this personally but....
got some

Post by got some »

Can somebody explain what happened with Gjerde, and the last second goal at the end of the second?

Lots of controversy there....
BearsSensGophs

Post by BearsSensGophs »

got some wrote:Can somebody explain what happened with Gjerde, and the last second goal at the end of the second?

Anyone got who scored?
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Wahlin had two and Leosch had one.
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

Great game for the Bears!

The D stepped up tonight and played fantastic, and the best part for me was...

Both Cretins goals were hardly goals at all!

First was Schletty mishandling the puck and giving away a goal on an open net. Followed by a goal scored 6 on 4 after the buzzer that was counted.

But the Bears played there hearts out and I was glad I got to see Brandon Wahlin dangle the cretin net-minder straight out of his jock on a break away.

Forehand- back hand-forehand to the final backhand.

Absolutley ridiculous!

p.s It was good to meet you Goldy!
Always celly hard.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

wblhockeyfan8 wrote:Great game for the Bears!

The D stepped up tonight and played fantastic, and the best part for me was...

Both Cretins goals were hardly goals at all!

First was Schletty mishandling the puck and giving away a goal on an open net. Followed by a goal scored 6 on 4 after the buzzer that was counted.

But the Bears played there hearts out and I was glad I got to see Brandon Wahlin dangle the cretin net-minder straight out of his jock on a break away.

Forehand- back hand-forehand to the final backhand.

Absolutley ridiculous!

p.s It was good to meet you Goldy!
Yeah... I am glad you met me, too. I am pretty cool. That had to go down as one of your highlights of HS!!!

In terms of Wahlin?? Is my assessment of him fair?? Remember when I harped about the skilled players using their skills instead of putting the puck in the goalie's belly?? The kid has more elusive hands than Houdini.
MedleyWR

Post by MedleyWR »

got some wrote:Can somebody explain what happened with Gjerde, and the last second goal at the end of the second?

Gjerde got a penalty with 1.2 seconds left. With the face off in the Bears' end, the scorekeeper didn't start the clock immediately. So, Cretin got to bang away at the puck for 4 - 5 seconds, when there was 1.2 seconds on the clock, and scored as time expired. It was indicative of how bad the officiating was the entire game.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything.
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

MedleyWR wrote:

Gjerde got a penalty with 1.2 seconds left. With the face off in the Bears' end, the scorekeeper didn't start the clock immediately. So, Cretin got to bang away at the puck for 4 - 5 seconds, when there was 1.2 seconds on the clock, and scored as time expired. It was indicative of how bad the officiating was the entire game.
Gjerde threw his helmet, which earned him the boot from the game.
Always celly hard.
Hockeyfan#8

Post by Hockeyfan#8 »

sorry dude, my family can't afford to have internet on my phone to update scores

you can thank my two borthers playing hockey for that one :cry:
Hockeyfan#8

Post by Hockeyfan#8 »

youngblood08 wrote:Where's it at?

At CDH I'll go with CDH by 3, due to line matching by CDH use the home ice advantage very well.

At WBL I will go WBL by 1, they get away with anything at Aldrich!

did you watch the game :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ? Private school teams always get all of the calls from the officials.
Hankya

Post by Hankya »

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch. I tip my hat to the Bears. (Can't believe I just said that)