White Bear Lake vs Hill-Murray @ 12:30 pm (12-30-09)

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who takes it?

WBL
25%
Hill-Murray
75%

Total votes: 20

Hockeyfan#8

Post by Hockeyfan#8 »

Mr.Penalty wrote:oh may i ask...Lechner, hows your car?! :lol:
care to explain more in detail?
"If your not first, your last" R.B.
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

Well I think it's about time for this thread to be closed.

Were here to discuss the game not who has less class than who. We are CERTAINLY not here to make personal attacks on members/players/coaches.

Close er' down, and Goldy it looks like stpaul forgot the saying...
Always celly hard.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

wblhockeyfan8 wrote:Well I think it's about time for this thread to be closed.

Were here to discuss the game not who has less class than who. We are CERTAINLY not here to make personal attacks on members/players/coaches.

Close er' down, and Goldy it looks like stpaul forgot the saying...
Remind us all, o wise-one, Fan8....... remind us all....... see if we're on the same page..... it seems like just a short time ago..... hmmm.. :-k

And sometimes, my dear fellow readers, the biggest fans are sometimes the loudest, most critical and give the hardest kicks to the butt, yet give the quickest pats on the back, and offer the biggest smiles......
stpaul

HM - WBL

Post by stpaul »

"looks like stpaul forgot the saying..."

1. I hereby promise that when HM beats WBL for #13 I will not post a list of the previous 12. (It's starting to take up too much space.) Nor will I point out that HM is now 51-22-2 all time vs. WBL.

2. I hereby promise that if WBL beats HM by 1, I will not post about getting screwed by refs, players in the crease, goalies getting hacked, nets off the post, etc.

3. I hereby promise not to post snide comments about damage done to Coach Sager's car. Although that is not going to happen.

4. I hereby promise not to post again the list of scores of WBL's State Quarterfinal games in which they are 0-17.

PS - I was at the last regular season game in 2001 when WBL beat HM 8-0. I thought the rivalry was over that day because HM had fallen hopelessly behind WBL in talent. I enjoy this rivalry and these games so much I'm rooting for a WBL revival. Although they can go ahead and take their time. This is too much fun.
Last edited by stpaul on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
MedleyWR

Post by MedleyWR »

Goldfishdude wrote:
MedleyWR wrote:
fanatichockeyguy wrote:The Bears are a very low class team. They score a goal and act like they won the Stanley Cup. Not to mention the countless cheap hits behind the play and hacking and slashing going on. # 17 on the Bears should not be allowed to play that kid is a health hazard to other teams players. Ive never seen some one be so cheap and classless.

As for the actual game it was entertaining. WBL had way more energy than Hill and they looked like the harder working team. Hill definitely wasnt happy about being in the consolation game and their effort reflected it. The last goal was questionable but i dont think it would have mattered the way hill was pooring on the shots in the early third period. As soon as they got the goal they sat back and played D. Regardless of today, the Friday night game in March at the coliseum will be a good one.
Yes, those low class Bears had 7 penalties during the game, while the refined, immaculate Pioneers only had 6. Webster's dictionary defines classless as: "Any hockey team having 7 or more minor penalties". It defines high class as: "Any hockey team having 6 or fewer minor penalties" So, fanatichockeyguy, you have obviously done your homework and identified the Bears as the low life scum that they are. By the way, that nefarious number 17 had one penalty, while one of the Pioneers had 2! It must be a scoring error. Now, I will go back to my cave to wallow in the shallow existence provided me by my inferior public education.
=D> \:D/ Meds, buddy.. .. take a deep breath, and come out of the cave and join the party!!! After all, for those of you who aren't familiar with the term "nefarious", it's the same daffynition that sums up me - Goldfishdude!! :oops:
OK Fishydude, I have left my cave (in Tora Bora) but it's so freakin cold, I think I might have to go back in for a hot toddy or a frosty B. Care to join me? The thing is, hockey is a rough and competitive sport. There's always plenty of action and frequently the Marquis of Queensbury rules are disregarded by both sides. But, to use the words of our fearless leader, I get "all wee-weed up" when someone disparages my team, or insults any one player when there's plenty of stuff happening on the ice.
But, I'll take my Meds and chill out. Happy New Year to the Fishydude family.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything.
mn man

Post by mn man »

MedleyWR wrote:
Goldfishdude wrote:
MedleyWR wrote: Yes, those low class Bears had 7 penalties during the game, while the refined, immaculate Pioneers only had 6. Webster's dictionary defines classless as: "Any hockey team having 7 or more minor penalties". It defines high class as: "Any hockey team having 6 or fewer minor penalties" So, fanatichockeyguy, you have obviously done your homework and identified the Bears as the low life scum that they are. By the way, that nefarious number 17 had one penalty, while one of the Pioneers had 2! It must be a scoring error. Now, I will go back to my cave to wallow in the shallow existence provided me by my inferior public education.
=D> \:D/ Meds, buddy.. .. take a deep breath, and come out of the cave and join the party!!! After all, for those of you who aren't familiar with the term "nefarious", it's the same daffynition that sums up me - Goldfishdude!! :oops:
OK Fishydude, I have left my cave (in Tora Bora) but it's so freakin cold, I think I might have to go back in for a hot toddy or a frosty B. Care to join me? The thing is, hockey is a rough and competitive sport. There's always plenty of action and frequently the Marquis of Queensbury rules are disregarded by both sides. But, to use the words of our fearless leader, I get "all wee-weed up" when someone disparages my team, or insults any one player when there's plenty of stuff happening on the ice.
But, I'll take my Meds and chill out. Happy New Year to the Fishydude family.
OK, you guys win, WBL vs HM has my vote for best rivalry from a fan standpoint. The passion is palpable. Very entertaining guys!
BogeyMan

Post by BogeyMan »

OK, you guys win, WBL vs HM has my vote for best rivalry from a fan standpoint. The passion is palpable. Very entertaining guys![/quote]

Ahh, its not a rivalry when one team wins all the time!!! :wink:
Goldfishdude

Re: HM - WBL

Post by Goldfishdude »

stpaul wrote:"looks like stpaul forgot the saying..."

1. I hereby promise that when HM beats WBL for #13 I will not post a list of the previous 12. (It's starting to take up too much space.) Nor will I point out that HM is now 51-22-2 all time vs. WBL.

2. I hereby promise that if WBL beats HM by 1, I will not post about getting screwed by refs, players in the crease, goalies getting hacked, nets off the post, etc.

3. I hereby promise not to post snide comments about damage done to Coach Sager's car. Although that is not going to happen.

4. I hereby promise not to post again the list of scores of WBL's State Quarterfinal games in which they are 0-17.

PS - I was at the last regular season game in 2001 when WBL beat HM 8-0. I thought the rivalry was over that day because HM had fallen hopelessly behind WBL in talent. I enjoy this rivalry and these games so much I'm rooting for a WBL revival. Although they can go ahead and take their time. This is too much fun.
=D> =D> :lol: \:D/ Very funny post!!!

But the saying is, as I posted above in reference to PPG:

"Act like ya been there." 8)

I think all you guys have to post after a H-M win versus WBL is...

YAWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNN!!!

I agree, it SHOULD be fun and entertaining... That's the intent...

Happy New Year's to all......
wblhockeyfan8

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

BogeyMan wrote:OK, you guys win, WBL vs HM has my vote for best rivalry from a fan standpoint. The passion is palpable. Very entertaining guys!

Ahh, its not a rivalry when one team wins all the time!!! :wink:[/quote]

Clever AND original! :roll: :|
Always celly hard.
mnpuckster

Post by mnpuckster »

White Bear is not a"cheap" team. The game was played physically, and both teams were slashing and using a lot of stickwork. HM needs to stop the whining about cheap shots, it was going both ways.

TO ALL THE HM PARENTS-(one lady in particular, with her 2 kids sitting next to her, I hope this isnt anyones mother, because she is an embarrassment to parents everywhere)
-GROW UP, stop yelling at these kids, and calling them hacks by their name and number. A whole lot of rude whining and complaining. I felt extremely embarrassed for these people, as they were only making a fool out of themselves. Their kids will now think this is acceptable behavior. Its a game, both teams played physical, and it needed to be left at that. Cheer for your team, but stop with the namecalling and personal attacks on these KIDS!!!! You are grown adults, and need to start acting like it, and set a better example for your 5 and 7 year old kids sitting next to you.

I really regret not saying anything to her as I left the arena, because she was not only embarrassing herself, but also HM and the entire HM School.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

I totally agree Puckster. I have been attending HM games for decades and I don't recall ever seeing an adult/parent act this way. I'm thinking she could be a first time HM parent...not sure. This isn't assciation hockey any more. Look around & see how others conduct themselves. We have higher standards at Hill. If you feel like you don't fit in, perhaps transfer to a public school. :wink:
wblhockeyfan8

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

:lol: PPG is always so brutal.
Always celly hard.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:I totally agree Puckster. I have been attending HM games for decades and I don't recall ever seeing an adult/parent act this way. I'm thinking she could be a first time HM parent...not sure. This isn't assciation hockey any more. Look around & see how others conduct themselves. We have higher standards at Hill. If you feel like you don't fit in, perhaps transfer to a public school. :wink:
If it is who I think it is, she's the mom of one of the players. She was extremely loud in the first WBL game. I sat next to Philippi's mom and she's the one who told me. Let's be honest, some people are just like that. This isn't a HM problem, nor a private school problem. This is just annoying to our fans as any other team's fans. Just like the idiot dad's who consistently berate the refs. Or the dad I saw 2 years challenge some kids on my son's team to a fight. Idiots abound everywhere.
wblhockeyfan8

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

I attended the HM-SSP game, I got a real kick out of hearing Adam Wilcox's mom scream over the entire crowd.

In her case, she only yelled things like "Don't do it Adam!" as he participated in some extra curriculars after the whistle. :lol:
Always celly hard.