White Bear Lake vs Hill-Murray @ 12:30 pm (12-30-09)

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who takes it?

WBL
25%
Hill-Murray
75%

Total votes: 20

wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

White Bear Lake vs Hill-Murray @ 12:30 pm (12-30-09)

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

Who takes it?!

Will the bears go 11-1 or continue the curse?
Always celly hard.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Go BEARS. End the curse and keep the streak alive (Two in a row!) :)
wbhockey02

Post by wbhockey02 »

I always say the bears will win and they don't so maybe if i don't they will :-k

HM-4 WB-1
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Hill Murray 4-1
Northsider

Post by Northsider »

This is stupid. White Bear and Hill should only play one regular season game and one section game. The only good thing that will come out of this is now we will be able to use the "Baker's Dozen" chant during sections this year and not have to wait till next year.

This is just plain stupid. I say Lechner should get out of the Schwans Cup after this year.
BearsSensGophs

Post by BearsSensGophs »

I was gonna say another Hill blow out but after todays impressive win over AHA Ill go with...
Hill-5
WBL-3
BearsSensGophs

Post by BearsSensGophs »

Who da Bears gonna go with in net this time? Schletty again or Jordan after he played pretty decent against AHA.
got some

Post by got some »

Northsider wrote:This is stupid. White Bear and Hill should only play one regular season game and one section game. The only good thing that will come out of this is now we will be able to use the "Baker's Dozen" chant during sections this year and not have to wait till next year.

This is just plain stupid. I say Lechner should get out of the Schwans Cup after this year.
Who says they'll even meet in sections? :o :lol:

4-3, WB, OT
GO BEARS
Hockeyfan#8

Post by Hockeyfan#8 »

GO BEARS
WB 2
HM 1
"If your not first, your last" R.B.
mnpuckster

Post by mnpuckster »

Where, What day, and what time is this game?
got some

Post by got some »

mnpuckster wrote:Where, What day, and what time is this game?
Tomorrow, (or...today), December 30th, 12:30, at Champlin Ice Arena.
breakout

Post by breakout »

I would like to see White Bear win. My gut tells me Hill will win.
Northsider

Post by Northsider »

HM up 2-1 after 1.

Scoring =

White Bear Lake - Max Birkinbine (Brandon Wahlin) , 2:35
Hill-Murray - Loren French (Jonah Johnson) , 3:16
Hill-Murray - Jordan Johnson (Zach LaValle) , 13:58

Penalties =

White Bear Lake - R.j. Majkozak - (Roughing Minor), 2 min , 13:53
Hill-Murray - Ben Bahe - (Roughing Minor), 2 min , 13:53
White Bear Lake - Brandon Wahlin - (Slashing Minor), 2 min , 14:42

Shots =

White Bear Lake 7
Hill-Murray 14
Remlap

Post by Remlap »

I am hearing 3-3 in the third.
You don't play so well...
BearsSensGophs

Post by BearsSensGophs »

Remlap wrote:I am hearing 3-3 in the third.
4-3 Hill now.
Loren French banked another one.
playerplayer1

Post by playerplayer1 »

Yeah sorry White Bear fans
Hill Murray 4
White Bear Lake 3
Final
0-12 the last 12 against the Pioneers
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

I didn't post my thoughts in time, but I expressed to a few that if Coach Sir Duke was brilliant, he would start Jordan today, after his win versus AHA, AND, just to see what he has in Jordan.

One of the few faults that was expressed with Owen Collette in nets was that he psychologically couldn't beat Hill.. Starting Schletty today, and if he struggled again, and after struggling versus St. Thomas would have put the "goalie doubt" in mind...like Collette seemed to battle...

Turns out Sir Duke started Jordan, from what I understand, and it has shown some success..

But as I have stated, Wahlin and Co. NEED to produce against these teams, and that helped..

Moral victory???? :?:
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

playerplayer1 wrote:Yeah sorry White Bear fans
Hill Murray 4
White Bear Lake 3
Final
0-12 the last 12 against the Pioneers

pssssssssssttttt playerplayer1??? Did Hill try today? How was the emotion?
playerplayer1

Post by playerplayer1 »

Yeah Hill actually outshot them quite a bit but White Bear seemed to have more emotion and really wanted to end the losing streak. Once White Bear went ahead with about 14 minutes to go it seemed to wake Hill up and then they scored 2 quick ones to go ahead. It was a fun game to watch and gives White Bear hope down the road.
mnpuckster

Post by mnpuckster »

well played game by WBL. Looked much better than the last game against HM. I couldnt help but notice as I was sitting on the HM side the lack of respect from the HM parents. I was embarrassed for them. An absolute disgrace, and they need to grow up a bit.

Other than that, good game, well played by both teams, and WBL seemed to have a lot of confidence
wbhockey02

Post by wbhockey02 »

I know i'll take alot of heat for this, but quite frankly i don't give a rat's behind.
Last time i checked there was a rule called man in the crease, The rule reads “When the puck is in the Attacking Zone and not in the goal crease, a player of the attacking team may not stand on the goal crease line or in the goal crease, hold his stick in the goal crease or skate through the goal crease. If the puck should enter the goal while such a condition prevails, a goal shall not be allowed. For violation of this rule, while the attacking team has possession of the puck, play shall be stopped and a face-off held at the nearest Neutral Zone face-off spot.

hill had about 4 on that last goal and there was no whistle which is total BS, so once again Hill gets the refs on their side :x

On another note did anyone catch that sick goal by Birki, I was like :shock:
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Based on stats, it was a respectable game by Jordan in goal with 28 saves..

Looks like both teams had plenty of power plays... WBL 0-6, Hill 0-7

A softer game for Shaughnessy with 3 goals on 23 shots.... Is he getting exposed against some better shooters???

A couple a nice game efforts for the Bears after the poor game vs STA. Hill had just the little bump, but I would assume they will continue to roll all season long.. Not sure Hill will lose again this year..
MedleyWR

Post by MedleyWR »

wbhockey02 wrote:I know i'll take alot of heat for this, but quite frankly i don't give a rat's behind.
Last time i checked there was a rule called man in the crease, The rule reads “When the puck is in the Attacking Zone and not in the goal crease, a player of the attacking team may not stand on the goal crease line or in the goal crease, hold his stick in the goal crease or skate through the goal crease. If the puck should enter the goal while such a condition prevails, a goal shall not be allowed. For violation of this rule, while the attacking team has possession of the puck, play shall be stopped and a face-off held at the nearest Neutral Zone face-off spot.

hill had about 4 on that last goal and there was no whistle which is total BS, so once again Hill gets the refs on their side :x

There were about half a dozen players in the crease, the puck was burried underneath them. The ref swallowed his whistle then the net got knocked off and the ref waived the goal off. Then he changed his mind and signaled goal. Unfreakin' believable! But, the last two games have shown that the Bears can play with the top teams. They have awakened from their hibernation.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything.
mngophs04

Post by mngophs04 »

MedleyWR wrote:
wbhockey02 wrote:I know i'll take alot of heat for this, but quite frankly i don't give a rat's behind.

There were about half a dozen players in the crease, the puck was burried underneath them. The ref swallowed his whistle then the net got knocked off and the ref waived the goal off. Then he changed his mind and signaled goal. Unfreakin' believable! But, the last two games have shown that the Bears can play with the top teams. They have awakened from their hibernation.
Ridiculous. But not surprising when Hill is the opposing team...
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

From my angle, which was on the WBL side, I watched Jordan cover the puck, proceed to endure a great deal of hacks and slashes. I watched the net come off after 6 seconds of slashing, the puck rolled in and the ref called it off and then immediately on again.

During the scrum Jordan had his glove, blocker and stick removed, as well as his masked damaged.

How any referee could stand by and not blow the whistle is beyond me.

I know it's only Schwans cup, but seriously.

A moral victory for White Bear Lake, I can sense good things coming from now on. Sections will tell a different, WBL oriented story for sure.

EDIT: I should add, Jordan played fantastic.
Always celly hard.