White Bear vs Stillwater Dec. 19

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

youngblood08 wrote:
wblhockeyfan8 wrote:WBL Victory!

4-3 with a minute left, SW has their goalie pulled, and is gaining moentum in the WBL zone.
Schletty makes a save, a SW player jumps on, and lays on top of WBL's Casey Gjerde. He then proceeds to knee Gjerde's head into the ice. He is given a penalty and WBL holds on in the final minute.

After the buzzer a minor brawl breaks out, and Stillwater (Coach Housley.) refuses to shake hands and skates off the ice.

It was pretty entertaining.
Way to tell it like it was, Stillwater lined up and the Refs told them to head to the lockerroom. Game started slow Stillwater D was very sloppy with the puck tonight. Stillwater thought they had Schlettys number but WBL answered right back. There was crap bith ways that was not needed. Both teams needed this win, 4-3 ending when it looked like it was going to be a run and gun game. Typical Still-WBL tilt.

Wolters PP goal was a nice setup. #12 for Stillwater missed 4 chances on the doorstep.
Oh yes it was definitely back and forth all game, I don't want to sound biased there.

Probably 5 sets of coincidental roughing penalties.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

I suspect the evening went something like this. It was a long bus ride from Stillwater to Maplewood and along the way, the bus hit a pot-hole. As a result, some of the players suffered injuries which caused Housley to have to juggle his line-up. The game started and saw the Ponies actually grab a lead. Well, everyone knows the Refs have it out against Housely & the Boys, so they started giving powerplay after powerplay to WBL. And in the end, the Preseason Powerhouse Ponies suffered yet another loss. :wink:
jumper4

Post by jumper4 »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:I suspect the evening went something like this. It was a long bus ride from Stillwater to Maplewood and along the way, the bus hit a pot-hole. As a result, some of the players suffered injuries which caused Housley to have to juggle his line-up. The game started and saw the Ponies actually grab a lead. Well, everyone knows the Refs have it out against Housely & the Boys, so they started giving powerplay after powerplay to WBL. And in the end, the Preseason Powerhouse Ponies suffered yet another loss. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
formerlybackofnet

Post by formerlybackofnet »

jumper4 wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:I suspect the evening went something like this. It was a long bus ride from Stillwater to Maplewood and along the way, the bus hit a pot-hole. As a result, some of the players suffered injuries which caused Housley to have to juggle his line-up. The game started and saw the Ponies actually grab a lead. Well, everyone knows the Refs have it out against Housely & the Boys, so they started giving powerplay after powerplay to WBL. And in the end, the Preseason Powerhouse Ponies suffered yet another loss. :wink:

Right, with Walt wearing the stripes, everyione knows niether team is getting a break, the guy is an idiot when it comes to reffing! He has lost control of every game I have ever seen him ref.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

formerlybackofnet wrote:
jumper4 wrote:

Right, with Walt wearing the stripes, everyione knows niether team is getting a break, the guy is an idiot when it comes to reffing! He has lost control of every game I have ever seen him ref.
Walt?? Walt??? As in Disney??
MedleyWR

Post by MedleyWR »

youngblood08 wrote:sorry i was sitting at that end and it did not go in. agree with teh refs letting it go too long. 1st period was fine by both but 2nd you could feel it building that niether team wanted to lose that one.
If you were sitting the Stillwater side (North side of Aldrich) your view might have been blocked by the goalie. I was also sitting at that end on the South side, and I, and everyone around me, clearly saw the puck go over the line and the goalie reach behind himself and pull it out with his catching glove. The ref was on the goal line, also on the North side, so his view might also have been blocked. But, the puck was definitely in, then pulled out. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree - but I know what I saw, and what everyone else around me also said they saw.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything.
GordonBombay

Post by GordonBombay »

MedleyWR wrote:
youngblood08 wrote:sorry i was sitting at that end and it did not go in. agree with teh refs letting it go too long. 1st period was fine by both but 2nd you could feel it building that niether team wanted to lose that one.
If you were sitting the Stillwater side (North side of Aldrich) your view might have been blocked by the goalie. I was also sitting at that end on the South side, and I, and everyone around me, clearly saw the puck go over the line and the goalie reach behind himself and pull it out with his catching glove. The ref was on the goal line, also on the North side, so his view might also have been blocked. But, the puck was definitely in, then pulled out. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree - but I know what I saw, and what everyone else around me also said they saw.
Okay but who cares? :roll:

WBL won anyway.
mnhockey1010

Post by mnhockey1010 »

5-3 bears win the break away goal by jansen did go in..this kid has had a rough couple last games he has scoring talent but got screwed by the pore reffing last night but when he scores a big goal he will come out of his slump and start producing again his line mates cant set him up any better. his break away DID go OVER the goal line there for its a goal.
PoniesDad45

Post by PoniesDad45 »

The Ponies U16 took care of business this weekend.

Saturday Ponies 6, Edina 0

Sunday Ponies 6, Hastings 0

:D :)
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

PoniesDad45 wrote:The Ponies U16 took care of business this weekend.

Way to whip up on those western suburbs!!
PoniesDad45

Post by PoniesDad45 »

Goldfishdude wrote:
PoniesDad45 wrote:The Ponies U16 took care of business this weekend.

Way to whip up on those western suburbs!!
No matter what level we are talking, when you take an Edina team to the woodshed, it's a red letter day! :o
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Exactly... Kudos...
PoniesDad45

Post by PoniesDad45 »

Youngblood, are you worried about the team? What kind of adjustments do you see coach doing to get things going?
youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 »

No, not worried. Move some guys around sooner or later they will get the message.
formerlybackofnet

Post by formerlybackofnet »

youngblood08 wrote:

4-3 with a minute left, SW has their goalie pulled, and is gaining moentum in the WBL zone.
Schletty makes a save, a SW player jumps on, and lays on top of WBL's Casey Gjerde. He then proceeds to knee Gjerde's head into the ice. He is given a penalty and WBL holds on in the final minute.

After the buzzer a minor brawl breaks out, and Stillwater (Coach Housley.) refuses to shake hands and skates off the ice.

Way to tell it like it was, Stillwater lined up and the Refs told them to head to the lockerroom. Game started slow Stillwater D was very sloppy with the puck tonight. Stillwater thought they had Schlettys number but WBL answered right back. There was crap bith ways that was not needed. Both teams needed this win, 4-3 ending when it looked like it was going to be a run and gun game. Typical Still-WBL tilt.

Wolters PP goal was a nice setup. #12 for Stillwater missed 4 chances on the doorstep.
I don't think so, I was watching and there was not a Ref near Housley. The WB fans were giving him some crap, he got mad and pulled his team off the ice. No class whatsoever.
youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 »

ref told the captian at the front of the line not the coach.
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

formerlybackofnet wrote:
youngblood08 wrote:

I don't think so, I was watching and there was not a Ref near Housley. The WB fans were giving him some crap, he got
mad and pulled his team off the ice. No class whatsoever.
"That was classy!" clap clap clapclapclap! :lol:
youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 »

What did you want something else to start anyways??
PoniesDad45

Post by PoniesDad45 »

youngblood08 wrote:No, not worried. Move some guys around sooner or later they will get the message.
Get the puck to Cody Corbette if you want my advice. I don't know if he's JV or Varsity at this point but that kid can score and run the play from the Dman position.
davinci

Post by davinci »

PoniesDad45 wrote:
youngblood08 wrote:No, not worried. Move some guys around sooner or later they will get the message.
Get the puck to Cody Corbette if you want my advice. I don't know if he's JV or Varsity at this point but that kid can score and run the play from the Dman position.
Last edited by davinci on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 »

Cody saw some minutes in the CDH game but other then that he has been JV. He played some defense in the Roseville game due to injuries.
PoniesDad45

Post by PoniesDad45 »

youngblood08 wrote:Cody saw some minutes in the CDH game but other then that he has been JV. He played some defense in the Roseville game due to injuries.
I'm glad to hear he's getting his feet wet a little anyway. What a jump it must be from Bantam A to Varsity, because he dominated in bantams last year.