Hibbing at Warroad

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

nickmon3

Hibbing at Warroad

Post by nickmon3 »

Game is this friday in warroad. Any predictions?
The fighting team has a hockey problem
25 sheet power

Post by 25 sheet power »

WARROAD 5
Hibbing 1
Nonamer

Hmmm...

Post by Nonamer »

Warroad 7
Hibbing 1

Wait 'til you see Brock Nelson. He's oneheluva high school hockey player, and I'd be surprised if HC had the D to stop he and Hebel.
mainefan

Post by mainefan »

Warroad 10

Hibbing 1
Teak

Post by Teak »

Here's my prediction: 0-0.....

....and then the game begins!
northwoods oldtimer

Warroad

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Warroad 4 Hibbing 2
gophers101

Post by gophers101 »

mainefan wrote:Warroad 10

Hibbing 1
:lol: One of THE biggest homer predicitions I've ever seen. Brock Nelson, who is a fantastic player, will probably have a few. I don't think Hibbing's defense will be able to handle the Warriors offense but 10-1. That prediction is laughable.

Warriors-5
Hibbing-2
the realist

Post by the realist »

Heck im sure it will be a blow out considering warroads dads are going to be reffing the game and there uncles as goal judges. I mean give me a break the only reason people think warroad is good is because there hole population 192 is on the forum pumping there tires. Brock Nelson and Brett Hebel are a joke there parents run the score sheets thats why there always on the board.
gophers101

Post by gophers101 »

the realist wrote:Heck im sure it will be a blow out considering warroads dads are going to be reffing the game and there uncles as goal judges. I mean give me a break the only reason people think warroad is good is because there hole population 192 is on the forum pumping there tires. Brock Nelson and Brett Hebel are a joke there parents run the score sheets thats why there always on the board.
I agree about the reffing. If you go up there you know your going to get 0 calls. Hibbing will be on the kill about 40% of the game.
Nonamer

Post by Nonamer »

the realist, I watched Brock & Brett for 10 weekends in a row this fall, and can assure you they have the skills necessary to be team leaders. 10-1 is strong, have to agree with you on that. I don't live in Warroad either, btw.
Ilovethe212

Warroad

Post by Ilovethe212 »

Warroad 6 Hibbing 2..

Brock Nelson IS NO JOKE of a player. He is signed with North Dakota who is ranked #3 in the country right now. Hes also an "A" player in the CSS list for the NHL!
curiousgeorge

Post by curiousgeorge »

tied 3-3 in the 3rd period.
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

curiousgeorge wrote:tied 3-3 in the 3rd period.
Nice predictions guys. :lol:
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

5-3 Warroad

final
Ilovethe212

Post by Ilovethe212 »

MNHockey75 wrote:5-3 Warroad

final
So I was off by a goal! Oh well. the end result was the same. A win for Warroad and yet another loss for Hibbing!

Looks like Nelson and Hebel had pretty good games.

Nelson 2g 1a 3pts
Hebel 2g 1a 3pts
Last edited by Ilovethe212 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SEMNHOCKEYFAN

Post by SEMNHOCKEYFAN »

Warroad- 6
Hibbing- 3
gophers101

Post by gophers101 »

Probably the biggest homer job I've ever seen. With 2:45 left Hibbing gets a phantom penalty! It was a complete crock, beating a talented team is hard enough so having to beat the refs makes it practically impossible to win. I guess that's what you come to expect when you play in the "armpit" of Minnesota!
embsu

Post by embsu »

The thing that isn't mentioned that they (refs) gave Warroad a penalty with just over a minute left in the game. Hibbing had their chance but couldn't cash in. Lots of penalties on both sides. Funny how some people see it one way all the time. What was really disturbing is how the Hibbing coaches acted. Yelling at the refs, other players, other coaches. Just not a real good example for the players on their team. Gophers101 if you don't like it in the "armpit" of Minnesota as you call it don't come up here, it wouldn't bother us if you didn't.
gophers101

Post by gophers101 »

embsu wrote:The thing that isn't mentioned that they (refs) gave Warroad a penalty with just over a minute left in the game. Hibbing had their chance but couldn't cash in. Lots of penalties on both sides. Funny how some people see it one way all the time. What was really disturbing is how the Hibbing coaches acted. Yelling at the refs, other players, other coaches. Just not a real good example for the players on their team. Gophers101 if you don't like it in the "armpit" of Minnesota as you call it don't come up here, it wouldn't bother us if you didn't.
Don't give me that bs that they called it both ways! That is ridiculous! Warroad gets away with hooking and holding penalties galore. Warroad cross checked a Hibbing player in th face and,wierd,no call. Don't worry buddy I'll never come back there. Nice arena and a decent team but other than that completely worthless!
fromdanorth

Post by fromdanorth »

ouch :shock: that hurts
embsu

Post by embsu »

Funny how you think we are pals. No way I'm I your buddy. What's worthless is your comments. We all want the game to be fair and played at a high level with no interference from the refs to sway the game either way. But when people like you come up here with the atttitude that the game is fixed already then there is no pleasing you. They did miss the call on the cross check I admit that but they also didn't call the punches that the Hibbing players threw after almost every hit. When you have undiscipline coaches you have an undiscipline team. It was proven Friday night. Grand Rapids came in here and played a good game today kept their composure on calls for an against and won the game. Coaches were calm and the team was as well. I suppose you got homered in Roseau today in the 6-0 loss. Your team probably averages 10 penalties a game, maybe except in your on rink. You can't tell me that when teams go to Hibbing they don't get homered there.
gophers101

Post by gophers101 »

embsu wrote:Funny how you think we are pals. No way I'm I your buddy. What's worthless is your comments. We all want the game to be fair and played at a high level with no interference from the refs to sway the game either way. But when people like you come up here with the atttitude that the game is fixed already then there is no pleasing you. They did miss the call on the cross check I admit that but they also didn't call the punches that the Hibbing players threw after almost every hit. When you have undiscipline coaches you have an undiscipline team. It was proven Friday night. Grand Rapids came in here and played a good game today kept their composure on calls for an against and won the game. Coaches were calm and the team was as well. I suppose you got homered in Roseau today in the 6-0 loss. Your team probably averages 10 penalties a game, maybe except in your on rink. You can't tell me that when teams go to Hibbing they don't get homered there.
Iron Range refs are not that good. I actually can tell you that teams come up to Hibbing and don't get homered. Those warroad refs played that out like a basketball game. Every time you got touched it was a penalty. And no they were not homered in Roseau. The refs were very good, some of the best I've seen all year. Maybe those Warroad refs(players parents) should take some notes. Warroad was 2/9 on the PP with I think 2 maybe 3, 5 on 3's. I thought Hibbing maintained their composure quite well for being the kill most of every period. And only on one occasion did I see a Hibbing player punch a warroad after a hit, saying it was almost after every hit is completely ridiculous.
mainefan

Post by mainefan »

Funny how it is always the refs fault when Hibbing looses. Sniff sniff-do you smell that?? Some poster is stinking it up-kinda like an armpit.
gophers101

Post by gophers101 »

mainefan wrote:Funny how it is always the refs fault when Hibbing looses. Sniff sniff-do you smell that?? Some poster is stinking it up-kinda like an armpit.
:roll: Ok mainefan. I hardly ever blame the refs for teams losing but for the last time the reffing in that game was absolutely terrible. Hibbing almost won the game and they were on the kill for over half of every period. They played well enough to win. Warroads a good team, and even better when the refs are on their side.