pre-season predictions for section 3A

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Newulmpucker2010

Post by Newulmpucker2010 »

1. New Ulm
2. Hutchinson
3. Litchfield
4. Worthington
5. Windom
6. Marshall
7. Redwood Valley
8. Luverne
9. Fairmont
10. Sleepy Eye

New Ulm has a lot of returning talent. Last year, 2 of their top three point scorers were sophomores (#2-Kaleb Juntenen and #3-Adam Loose). Also junior goalie Blake Burgau got plenty of starting time last season. In an easy section, New Ulm shoulf take the title with ease.
winvil

Redwood vs. Windom

Post by winvil »

Windom beat Redwood 3-2. Other scores?
Respect your elders, and your goaltenders.
letsgowild

Post by letsgowild »

New Ulm lost to New Prague 3 to 1 but New Ulm had 9? varsity players sitting. And it looks like it might be a long season for Redwood if they can't beat Windom.
letsgowild

Post by letsgowild »

Litch beat Wadena 6 to 0 how good is Wadena?
powerplay009

Post by powerplay009 »

Marshall 7
Worthington 0
SWHockeyScout

3A Action

Post by SWHockeyScout »

Windom to me looks like the favorite in SW Conference. Beating Redwood is a big statement for them.

Marshall has beat two really bad programs (Worthington, Austin) they have proved nothing.

Any truth to the rumor New Ulm had 9 players suspended for the New Prague game? might explain that score..

LDC and Mr. Adams might be the sleeper in this section...watch out for the Dragons..

Fairmont Beat Luverne!!!!!!! Wow Luverne looks way down this year only one senior on the roster first loss to Fairmont since 2005 ouch!!!!

Here is how I see it as of today...
1. New Ulm
2. LDC
3.Hutchinson
4. Windom
5. Marshall
6. Redwood
7.Fairmont
8. Worthington
9. Sleepy Eye
10. Luverne

Really a down year in the SW Conference.... If New Ulm cant get to state this year I don't know if they will ever make it...

Just my thoughts...let me know what you think.
hero12

Post by hero12 »

sregit34 wrote:winvil is a homer... Windom-#3?? ok eisenmenger is decent. but no goaltending to speak of, short bench, they just arent that good. 6 is a good spot for them.
I agree with bodangles... its a toss up 1-5. hutch and new ulm definitely favorites. worthington in front of luverne this year. luverne is way down. lost everything. paquette dinger olson
Expect about the same from Luverne, this isn't football, dinger was never much of a hockey player and olson can be replaced by underclassmen. There will be one or two players carrying the weight to keep them in the middle of the section just like the past 5-6 years. Have all the Fast's graduated? If so, Windom really doesn't have many weapons left, and don't expect fireworks from worthington either.
letsgowild

Post by letsgowild »

If you look on the mn hockey hub website New Ulm only had 10 skaters and 2 goalies during the New Prague game, and shots on goal were close. (hats off to new ulm for a good game with only 10 skaters)
Newulmpucker2010

New Ulm only had 10 skaters for yesterday's game. 8, not 9 players sat out of the game. It speaks a lot about the depth of the New Ulm program when a team, mostly comprised of JV kids in 9-11 grade, can compete with New Prague. Most people predicted that New Ulm would be hammered. That wasn't the case however. It was just a 3-1 loss.
sregit34

Post by sregit34 »

just as i predicted. luverne losing to fairmont. You all should listen to me more often. :lol: :roll: Anyway. Windom is decent and they showed it by beating redwood. How good is redwood tho? A loss to St. Paul Academy who isnt terribly good, and an eek out win over sibley.... They will be alright. maybe just having trouble replacing pettersson spielman and harazin.

Does windom have any depth this year that will be the deciding factor on whether or not they can make something out of there season. Characteristically windom is a team short on talent. High peaks and very low peaks on the spectrum.
Bdangles14

Post by Bdangles14 »

My hats off to new ulm only losing by 2 with only 10 skaters.....sounds like they got alot of depth this year and should be a hard team to beat...........Hockey Scout how do u have LDC ahead of hutch??! in the section thats just ludacris!
Neal Or Doh Neal

Post by Neal Or Doh Neal »

Having watched the Fairmont-Luverne game last night, I can tell you that Fairmont is miles ahead of where they were last year. New coach, lots of new kids up from Bantams to varsity. They will be a vastly improved team and could even be better than .500, even with just 3 wins last year. Three solid lines, three defensive pairs, not sure about the goaltending yet, but Fairmont is no longer an automatic "W" for the other team, for sure.
Newulmpucker2010

How do so many people think that Fairmont will be a competitive team this year? I'll admit that they will be a much stronger team thatn they were last year, but they are no where near the level that the top few teams of the section play at. I expect them to lose big to the likes of New Ulm, LDC, Hutchinson... even Marshall and Redwood will stomp them. They have brought up a little talent, but still lack in key positions, namely goalie. Like I said, they're improving but, as of now, they are no threat to the top 5 or 6 teams of the section.
winvil

Post by winvil »

hero12 wrote:
sregit34 wrote:winvil is a homer... Windom-#3?? ok eisenmenger is decent. but no goaltending to speak of, short bench, they just arent that good. 6 is a good spot for them.
I agree with bodangles... its a toss up 1-5. hutch and new ulm definitely favorites. worthington in front of luverne this year. luverne is way down. lost everything. paquette dinger olson
Expect about the same from Luverne, this isn't football, dinger was never much of a hockey player and olson can be replaced by underclassmen. There will be one or two players carrying the weight to keep them in the middle of the section just like the past 5-6 years. Have all the Fast's graduated? If so, Windom really doesn't have many weapons left, and don't expect fireworks from worthington either.

ya but except then you have the eisenmenger family... tough luck
Respect your elders, and your goaltenders.
sregit34

Post by sregit34 »

Fairmont section 3a champs! they beat somebody... whos name isnt sleepy eye.! watch out here they come!
powerplay009

Post by powerplay009 »

Marshall 9
Windom 2

Laughable to hear Windom as SW Conference favorites.
SWHockeyScout

Fairmont goes down

Post by SWHockeyScout »

Fairmont gives Austin's its first varsity hockey win in 2 years as they lose 7to 4 which proves Fairmont is still bottom barrel team. jump of the band wagon folks...

It really makes you ask the question though how awful is Luverne this year??

SW Conference is way down because marshall is not that great of a hockey club and they are rolling over teams....

This is New Ulm's Section to choke yet again....
sregit34

Post by sregit34 »

Congrats to faimont.. I hope there program fluorishes. i hope it continues to improve but we really shouldnt be hypin up on them.

Anyway... yeah big win by marshall tonight 9-2. Windom has a decent team on the ice but cant match the depth of marshall. also weak goaltending for windom. Marshall has a lot of pieces to a very good team this year three very solid lines. very solid. We will see how they fare against new ulm next week. Marshall is now the favorite for the sw conference but redwood and or windom still does have the ability to sneak up on them time will tell. If i had to guess now i would say marshall. There is alot of hockey yet.

Hutch kicks the crap out of waconia tonight. 8-0... waconia started their backup goaltendet tonight though. he didnt fare well... nine saves. six goals i think.

Other scores?
micdangles97

Post by micdangles97 »

Hutchinson
Litch
New Ulm
then who cares these 3 teams should just play in the playoffs everyone else doesnt matter
Neal Or Doh Neal

Post by Neal Or Doh Neal »

Wasn't trying to say Fairmont is winning the section anytime soon, just good to see a team that is on the way up after a few years where they couldn't even fill out a roster. They will have their ups and downs.
SWHockeyScout

Sleepy Eye

Post by SWHockeyScout »

Sleepy Eye Wins 2 to 0 over Worthington!!!!

SE is 1-0 on the year good for those boys
Skill Stick

Post by Skill Stick »

New Ulm- 6 Saint Peter/Le Suer- 3 NU sophmore line I hear played pretty well.
letsgowild

Post by letsgowild »

I think Fairmont and Sleepy Eye should play for the section 3a title today and the heck with rest of the teams.
pipesniper07

Post by pipesniper07 »

score from today:

Delano 5

New Ulm 1
sregit34

Post by sregit34 »

pipesniper07 wrote:score from today:

Delano 5

New Ulm 1
Is delano any good? what happened here? poor goaltending by NU? or is delano a good hockey team?

Also i wasnt impressed with a 3 goal win over st. peter by the NU boys.

Hmmm my other prediction came true... sleepy eye beating worthington.. dang im good

Windom continues to struggle loses to mankato east 9-3..... East is a pretty good team this year though...