YOUR 2009 STATE CHAMPS

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Lakeviewing

Re: EP Won't Win w/o Leddy

Post by Lakeviewing »

HSpuckguy wrote:EP wouldn't have been close to going to state w/o Leddy this year, and they probably won't make it next year.
Want to bet for a repeat?? Two solid scoring lines and a solid shut down goalie for next year. They will outscore any team the face.
boardguy1998

Post by boardguy1998 »

HSpuckguy wrote:EP wouldn't have been close to going to state w/o Leddy this year, and they probably won't make it next year.
Come on HSpuckguy, pretty sure your Mr. Leddy or relative of him. Lets see, your posts are either one of two things, praising Leddy, or ripping Leddy's teammates. I see in previous posts your ripped Curt Rau and Mitch Rogge. Thankfully it appears that your son has a lot more class than you do. Please take your self-serving opinion somewhere else.

EP would have been close to state this year and will make a good run at state next year. One player does make a team; your son was not the only player. Ask Hanowski or Benik, one kid can't win a state title, it takes all 20 kids on the team.

Yes, Nick Leddy is a special player, but he was not the only player on the team. I think even Nick would say that he needed the other 19 players to win a State Title. Something the Jr and Sophs on this team had done at the youth level, but not Leddy. Seems they didn't need him at Bantams to win back-to-back titles.
mn man

Post by mn man »

boardguy1998 wrote:
Come on HSpuckguy, pretty sure your Mr. Leddy or relative of him. Lets see, your posts are either one of two things, praising Leddy, or ripping Leddy's teammates. I see in previous posts your ripped Curt Rau and Mitch Rogge. Thankfully it appears that your son has a lot more class than you do. Please take your self-serving opinion somewhere else.
If you knew the Leddy family you would know this did not come from them.
EP has a lot of talent waiting to step up next year and fill the skates left by Leddy, they will be a good team next year. But it will be a different team next year as it will be impossible to replace Nick.
hshockey17

Post by hshockey17 »

I'm pretty sure Nick Leddy has better things to do than posting here to give himself praise. He's already gotten it from most people.
HSpuckguy

mn man

Post by HSpuckguy »

I'm neither a parent or a relative, but have watch probably 75% of EP's game this year, including all the State Tourney Games. I've also watch many other High School games throughout the year, mostly the Lake conferences. I try not to rip on kids, but sometimes I have to state the obvious...I'll leave the rest of that topic alone...sorry to offend you. Are you saying EP would've made it to the tourney w/o Leddy? Also, you're comparing Bantam's to High School...How did that do for Edina? With that said, I think it's going to be very tough for EP to even get back to the tourney next year, I would look for them in 2011, if the team stays together. From an EP fan, not just a Leddy fan.
headyhockey

Re: heh

Post by headyhockey »

hockeykid15 wrote:
adamp1914 wrote:A - Breck

AA - Eden Prairie.

Holy Angels has no chance to win their section.
haha are you serious?
breck? they lost to sta 7 2 about a month ago it was emberassing, and pretty sure that aha took second in the schwans cup, gold division and even though they lost to edina if they make it to the show they got it
haha Yeah I'm pretty sure he was serious.
shakey

Re: mn man

Post by shakey »

HSpuckguy wrote:I'm neither a parent or a relative, but have watch probably 75% of EP's game this year, including all the State Tourney Games. I've also watch many other High School games throughout the year, mostly the Lake conferences. I try not to rip on kids, but sometimes I have to state the obvious...I'll leave the rest of that topic alone...sorry to offend you. Are you saying EP would've made it to the tourney w/o Leddy? Also, you're comparing Bantam's to High School...How did that do for Edina? With that said, I think it's going to be very tough for EP to even get back to the tourney next year, I would look for them in 2011, if the team stays together. From an EP fan, not just a Leddy fan.
Who do you like over EP in 6AA next year and why?
StillAnEagle

Post by StillAnEagle »

boardguy1998 wrote:

EP would have been close to state this year and will make a good run at state next year. One player does make a team; your son was not the only player. Ask Hanowski or Benik, one kid can't win a state title, it takes all 20 kids on the team.

Yes, Nick Leddy is a special player, but he was not the only player on the team. I think even Nick would say that he needed the other 19 players to win a State Title. Something the Jr and Sophs on this team had done at the youth level, but not Leddy. Seems they didn't need him at Bantams to win back-to-back titles.
Didn't need him at the Peewee level either. They won Peewee A state in 2006!!
Citizens for one class hockey
Lakeviewing

Post by Lakeviewing »

HSpuckguy wrote:I'm neither a parent or a relative, but have watch probably 75% of EP's game this year, including all the State Tourney Games. I've also watch many other High School games throughout the year, mostly the Lake conferences. I try not to rip on kids, but sometimes I have to state the obvious...I'll leave the rest of that topic alone...sorry to offend you. Are you saying EP would've made it to the tourney w/o Leddy? Also, you're comparing Bantam's to High School...How did that do for Edina? With that said, I think it's going to be very tough for EP to even get back to the tourney next year, I would look for them in 2011, if the team stays together. From an EP fan, not just a Leddy fan.
Yes, EP has lost a solid blue liner and team leader in Leddy, but what most don't understate the Ford kid as he has really stepped up as a true shut down and dependable goalie. If every player returns, EP will out score any team. At defense, maybe not as shut down or as dependable as the prior year being mostly juniors, but Ford will have their back. Back to back champsion title is predicted, barring no injury to their talents forward skaters. Just my thought.
StillAnEagle

Post by StillAnEagle »

I think you need to check the stats.

2/3 of EPs goals this year came from players that will return next year.
Citizens for one class hockey
Doglover

Post by Doglover »

I have to agree with HSpuckguy. I think EP will miss Leddy on the blue line and his talent. It's one thing to win a state championship at the PW and Bantam level and quite another to win at the HS level. They've done it once StillanEagle, but you only have to review history to see how difficult it is to accomplish it two years in a row (especially if the stronger teams don't get knocked out the first round again next year).

There are some very strong HS teams out there (Jefferson, Mtka, Centennial, Blaine) that will have good seniors. I think a team led by juniors will lack leadership and experience and I'm not as confident that EP's young goalie will be able to win them games versus just keep them in games. It will be fun to watch them, but I would recommend learning from this year and don't put all the pressure on them to win it again. Others will do that for you no doubt.
breakout

Post by breakout »

StillAnEagle wrote:
I think you need to check the stats.

2/3 of EPs goals this year came from players that will return next year.
It's tough for forwards to score goals without the puck being moved up to them. That is why a puck moving D man is premium at all levels of hockey. Leddy was a shut down D man in the state tournament. Probably tops in plus minus for the Eagles.

Frankly, you and puck guy have an idiotic argument going.

He is defending a D man and you are defending forwards. People should refer to you as too many monikers guy :oops:

A shame Ford did not make all tournament team. You cannot win any tournament without stellar goaltending. He was unflappable.
shakey

Post by shakey »

boardguy1998 wrote:

Boardguy, shouldn't you be where you usually are....in your son's coach's ear?
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

shakey wrote:
boardguy1998 wrote:

I agree. The difference for EP this year was that they got rid of a couple of cancers on the team. It was the same for the Mustangs this year...they graduated one of the biggest cancers in high school hockey last year. Anyone that comes on here and rips Nick Leddy has to be one of them or they don't know him at all. Boardguy...how was Tri-Cities this year?
breakout

Post by breakout »

shakey wrote:
boardguy1998 wrote:

Hold tight, he may respond as his alias identity stillaneagle guy.

Why are people allowed to have more than one moniker?
shakey

Post by shakey »

flatontheice wrote:
shakey wrote:
boardguy1998 wrote: Come on HSpuckguy, pretty sure your Mr. Leddy or relative of him. Lets see, your posts are either one of two things, praising Leddy, or ripping Leddy's teammates. I see in previous posts your ripped Curt Rau and Mitch Rogge. Thankfully it appears that your son has a lot more class than you do. Please take your self-serving opinion somewhere else.

I agree. The difference for EP this year was that they got rid of a couple of cancers on the team. It was the same for the Mustangs this year...they graduated one of the biggest cancers in high school hockey last year. Anyone that comes on here and rips Nick Leddy has to be one of them or they don't know him at all. Boardguy...how was Tri-Cities this year?
I'm not so certain that boardguy is who you think he is. My bet is that he's still at EP.
Lakeviewing

Post by Lakeviewing »

shakey wrote:
flatontheice wrote:
shakey wrote: Boardguy, shouldn't you be where you usually are....in your son's coach's ear?
I'm not so certain that boardguy is who you think he is. My bet is that he's still at EP.
Who care were boardguy's corner is in. Bottom line EP's success this year was having a 1st line that matched up against other teams 1st line, may have given up 5-6 full strength goals all year against other first line opponents, also contributed, against Jefferson, Hopkins, Hill. Their second and third lines did their jobs scoring goals when it counts against other 2nd and 3rd lines. It is all about depth. Outside looking in for the 2009-2010 season. EP's 1st line of Rau, Rogge and Ericson will out score anyone full strength. A second line of Rath, Rath and Mccarten will score. And a third line of Boldenow, Gerdes Shavlick will further contribute is scoring. Defensively, returning Loken, Rau, Moldenaar, Seeler and Kerker seems solid. Ford will play a dominate role in getting most starts.

Look for EP to be a solid contender this year. Given this talent, they should compete well.