Section 7A Championship: [2] Hibbing vs [1] Virginia

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will win?

Hibbing
34%
Virginia
66%

Total votes: 64

bronco2828

Post by bronco2828 »

No Brainer here. The Blue Devils represent section 7A at the "X". They just need to shadow Jamnik the whole game like they did in their last match. Broncos coach couldn't figure that one out. Hibbing's defense, Vechell, is as fragile as a piece of china. Give him a couple solid checks and he breaks. As for this student section/chanting situation. If the students want to stand up the whole game stay off the glass and sit/stand in the middle to upper part of the section. I'm jealous of there chanting, good job at Rapids, but they don't need to use profanity. Next they'll be chanting "F*** Westin" or "Blue Devil a**holes". The profanity chants are easy to come up with. Use your smarts and come up with more sly chants. I have listened to metro teams chants the last 3 years at the Excel and they come up with some pretty good ones without using uneducated language.
Anchorland

Post by Anchorland »

I love it, everyone worked up. Anyway, hope it's a great game tomorrow night.
Iron Range Hockey

Post by Iron Range Hockey »

good idea bronco2826 now maybe they will do those
bronco2828

Post by bronco2828 »

Iron Range Hockey wrote:good idea bronco2826 now maybe they will do those
Leave it up to someone from da range to blame a bronco fan for a chant that could be used by a ranger student section. Maybe they will and get kicked out. That would make an impact on a game. A whole student section getting kicked out.
Iron Range Hockey

bronco i was just kidding but one of them will come on here though. have you ever seen a whole section get kicked out. can they do that?
bronco2828

Post by bronco2828 »

I doubt that a whole bunch of students would get kicked out at once. At the State Tourney the St. Thomas Tommies get a little out of hand and security and there principal clamps down on them right away and the military rule takes over. I was in a section that was chanting at the "X" at one time and security kept a close eye on the kid that was starting the chants. Kick the leader out and the lemmings have no one to follow. Anyone know if this game is televised?
Iron Range Hockey

yes it will be on wdio
gophers101

Post by gophers101 »

BDfan wrote:Virginia will win 5-3 in a 2005 repeat

Virginia cheering section is better than Hibbing's anyways!
Right the cheering section that says each chant twice while sitting down. Outstanding! And another thing I like how all the Virgina fans come on here once there team makes the finals, other than that they are no where to be found.
bronco2828

Post by bronco2828 »

Now we need to get T.V.coverage of the whole Tourney at the "X". Every game at the "X" from Wednesday to Saturday. Even the Class A 3rd place game. It would be nice if someday FSN could get it.
backrinkrat

Post by backrinkrat »

Hibbing fans Virginia fans,what can I say they love to watch their team win.Hibbing has had more success in the win column,can't blame Virginia fans for rubbing it in when they beat Hibbing,after all it doesn't happen every year. Good luck to both.
gophers101

Post by gophers101 »

backrinkrat wrote:Hibbing fans Virginia fans,what can I say they love to watch their team win.Hibbing has had more success in the win column,can't blame Virginia fans for rubbing it in when they beat Hibbing,after all it doesn't happen every year. Good luck to both.

This is very true. Both team's fans are very passionate about the game and especially about this rivalry. ref17 said it perfectly these teams and fans hate each other and thats what makes it so awesome. I can't wait till the game. Hibbing vs. Virginia is the definition of rivalry.
Lucia4President

Post by Lucia4President »

Virginia 4
Hibbing 2

Virginia pulls out the victory in front of 5,000+ at the DECC Wednesday night.
HOUNDS
mainefan

Post by mainefan »

gophers101 wrote:

Right the cheering section that says each chant twice while sitting down. Outstanding! And another thing I like how all the Virgina fans come on here once there team makes the finals, other than that they are no where to be found.
Speak for your own fans bub. We have been around for awhile, we just don't need to try and convince everyone that our team is good; our actions (7-1) speak louder than words.
Jackets17

Post by Jackets17 »

gophers101 wrote:

Yeah goph the Virginia student section is terrible!! I don't even understand how you even have the idea in your minds that you're better than us..you chant twice sitting down, there is no organization, and you just take our chants and chant them right back at us a majority of the time..

As for the game, I'm giving the edge to the Devils, being objective, just because of the depth and the experience in net..

Go Jackets!!
Jackets17

Post by Jackets17 »

mainefan wrote:
gophers101 wrote:

Speak for your own fans bub. We have been around for awhile, we just don't need to try and convince everyone that our team is good; our actions (7-1) speak louder than words.
The point of a student section is not to convince other people that your favorite team is good, it is to support your team and try and be a distraction to the other team.. is it plausible to you that someone might be skeptical about a team, but change their mind because the team's fans changed your mind because of what they were chanting at the games.

And as for "our actions speak louder than words", I highly doubt that you are both on the varsity Blue Devils hockey team and in the student section at the same time, so I would leave using "we" in reference to the team to the players, not the fans.
gophers101

Post by gophers101 »

mainefan wrote:
gophers101 wrote:

I like how all the Virginia fans are looking back and saying we beat them 7-1. And to tell you the truth it was embarrassing. But in the Section Finals I say not. Now it doesn't matter what your record is and how much you beat someone by. Now it comes down to hard work and determination. Who's going to have a bigger fire in there heart, and who's going to play with passion and desire and want it more than the guy wearing the other jeresey. Go back to that game all you want and keeping thinking you guys are King Sh!t but I can guarantee if Virginia thinks this will be a roll over there going to get a huge wake up call.

Nothing would make my day better than watching the poor Virginia fans mope and pout back to the Queen City as Hibbing heads off for St. Paul.

Its going to be one heck of game.
hshckfan08

Post by hshckfan08 »

gophers101 wrote:
mainefan wrote:
gophers101 wrote: Right the cheering section that says each chant twice while sitting down. Outstanding! And another thing I like how all the Virgina fans come on here once there team makes the finals, other than that they are no where to be found.
I like how all the Virginia fans are looking back and saying we beat them 7-1. And to tell you the truth it was embarrassing. But in the Section Finals I say not. Now it doesn't matter what your record is and how much you beat someone by. Now it comes down to hard work and determination. Who's going to have a bigger fire in there heart, and who's going to play with passion and desire and want it more than the guy wearing the other jeresey. Go back to that game all you want and keeping thinking you guys are King Sh!t but I can guarantee if Virginia thinks this will be a roll over there going to get a huge wake up call.

Nothing would make my day better than watching the poor Virginia fans mope and pout back to the Queen City as Hibbing heads off for St. Paul.

Its going to be one heck of game.
Virginia hasnt been to state in years, and they are playing their arch-rival at the decc. I have the smallest feeling that they arent going into this game thinking it will be a roll over.
mainefan

Post by mainefan »

Jackets17 wrote:
mainefan wrote:
gophers101 wrote: Right the cheering section that says each chant twice while sitting down. Outstanding! And another thing I like how all the Virgina fans come on here once there team makes the finals, other than that they are no where to be found.
The point of a student section is not to convince other people that your favorite team is good, it is to support your team and try and be a distraction to the other team.. is it plausible to you that someone might be skeptical about a team, but change their mind because the team's fans changed your mind because of what they were chanting at the games.

And as for "our actions speak louder than words", I highly doubt that you are both on the varsity Blue Devils hockey team and in the student section at the same time, so I would leave using "we" in reference to the team to the players, not the fans.
The part I was referring to was in Gopher's post about Devil fan's coming on the board to post. Read before you write and get your head out of your jacket.
bulldog14411

Post by bulldog14411 »

bronco2828 wrote:
Iron Range Hockey wrote:good idea bronco2826 now maybe they will do those
Leave it up to someone from da range to blame a bronco fan for a chant that could be used by a ranger student section. Maybe they will and get kicked out. That would make an impact on a game. A whole student section getting kicked out.
I've seen it before, the Centennial students section was kicked out of a regular season game against East at the DECC by security. It may be a joke now but watch it you never know what will happen...
backrinkrat

Post by backrinkrat »

gophers101 wrote:
backrinkrat wrote:Hibbing fans Virginia fans,what can I say they love to watch their team win.Hibbing has had more success in the win column,can't blame Virginia fans for rubbing it in when they beat Hibbing,after all it doesn't happen every year. Good luck to both.

This is very true. Both team's fans are very passionate about the game and especially about this rivalry. ref17 said it perfectly these teams and fans hate each other and thats what makes it so awesome. I can't wait till the game. Hibbing vs. Virginia is the definition of rivalry.

Well said! These Range Towns make up some of the best hokey in the state. The winner will gloat all the way to the dance, the loser won't rest till the next time they clash.
pacman

Post by pacman »

bronco2828 wrote:Now we need to get T.V.coverage of the whole Tourney at the "X". Every game at the "X" from Wednesday to Saturday. Even the Class A 3rd place game. It would be nice if someday FSN could get it.
I think Northlands News Center Broadcasts the Whole tourney on My Network TV..i think its like Channel 9 or something.
gophers101

Post by gophers101 »

mainefan wrote:
Jackets17 wrote:
mainefan wrote: Speak for your own fans bub. We have been around for awhile, we just don't need to try and convince everyone that our team is good; our actions (7-1) speak louder than words.

The part I was referring to was in Gopher's post about Devil fan's coming on the board to post. Read before you write and get your head out of your jacket.
Your right I don't read before I post and I just come on here and blab,blab blab. Explain to me these random Virginia fans who show up once there team makes the finals and starts talking smack. I'm not the only one who see's this.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

So does anyone want to actually talk about the game?
gophers101

Post by gophers101 »

I would like to but these Virginia fans seem more interested in bashing Hibbing's fan base.
BDfan

Post by BDfan »

Well... I think it will be a close one! Both teams are in the finals for a reason. Past records don't matter when it comes to playoffs.