Preseason Predictions for Section 3A

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

benny

Willmar vs Marshall

Post by benny »

Willmar took it to Marshall 6-2. Marshall's goaltender looked like the only one who showed up to play. Willmar outshot Marshall 16/4 in the 1st and 22/5 in the 2nd. Shots on goal for the third weren't announced, but looked about the same. Only half of Marshall's shots had anything on them. Marshall just doesn't have the depth.
iced_out99

Re: Willmar vs Marshall

Post by iced_out99 »

benny wrote:Willmar took it to Marshall 6-2. Marshall's goaltender looked like the only one who showed up to play. Willmar outshot Marshall 16/4 in the 1st and 22/5 in the 2nd. Shots on goal for the third weren't announced, but looked about the same. Only half of Marshall's shots had anything on them. Marshall just doesn't have the depth.
well most of those shots from my view in the stands through the first and second werent very high quality....my question is if marshall doesnt have the depth and willmar is so good then why was it only 1-0 after 2 periods....thats not gonna get u past Hutch tomarrow thats for sure
benny

Willmar vs Marshall

Post by benny »

From what I could see it was good goaltending.
Bdangles14

Post by Bdangles14 »

Anyone know the scores for the other games?
iced_out99

Post by iced_out99 »

Bdangles14 wrote:Anyone know the scores for the other games?
Im not saying the goaltending wasnt good....he played like a stud...i think he had fifty some saves....but the game is over good luck to willmar the rest of the way
wild4hockey9

Post by wild4hockey9 »

Section 3A
Quarterfinals:
(1) New Ulm 8, (9) Worthington/Round Lake-Brewster 0
(2) Hutchinson 3, (7) Windom Area 1
(3) Willmar 6, (6) Marshall 2
(5) Litchfield/Dassel-Cokato 5, (4) Redwood Valley 4

From followthepuck.com
Bdangles14

Post by Bdangles14 »

Updates on games today?
krakatoa

Post by krakatoa »

wild4hockey9 wrote:Section 3A
Quarterfinals:

From followthepuck.com
This section is so brutal. They sent the horrible Litchfield to state last year. It was a funny joke in all but i would rather seen one of the better A teams that lose to get a shot instead of any of these teams
jpv

Post by jpv »

krakatoa wrote:
wild4hockey9 wrote:Section 3A
Quarterfinals:

From followthepuck.com
This section is so brutal. They sent the horrible Litchfield to state last year. It was a funny joke in all but i would rather seen one of the better A teams that lose to get a shot instead of any of these teams
Seriously, stop whining. Posts like this make you look foolish and a bit sad.
powerplay009

Post by powerplay009 »

Scores from the semi final games?
Ducks09

Post by Ducks09 »

Hutch over Willamr 5-1
New ulm over litch 5-3
sregit34

Post by sregit34 »

my prediction for Hutch and New Ulm

Hutch wins 4-3 maybe 5-4. Possibly in OT.

It will be a close game. I think hutch will win because they have better goaltending. (did anyone see New Ulms goalies against Litch on saturday) OUCH. looks like they need a new goaltending coach. :lol: New Ulm could have a pretty decent chance of winning if there goalie shows up. Hutch's top line of cowger, hantge, bengston is going to be tough to stop.
Koolice

Post by Koolice »

I'm going with NU.

looks to me that they are hungry for the win, Goaltending is a question for them so the game should be close. 5 - 4. Should be a good game to watch I won't miss ths one
extra_attacker

Post by extra_attacker »

I agree with sregit34 they either have to get better goalies or a new goaltending coach.

My prediction

Hutch 6
New Ulm 3
Bdangles14

Post by Bdangles14 »

I Agree with extra attacka i got hutch winning this one by at least 2 or 3 because of new ulms lack of goaltending but they do have a very strong offense so we will see what happens
Puckyeah1

Post by Puckyeah1 »

new ulm wins 3-1, going to be scrappy, gritty hockey.
goalieguy_14

Post by goalieguy_14 »

Lack of goaltending? What are you people talking about? Just because he gets lulled out of a game allows a weak goal doesn't mean new ulm is short goaltending, it means they out matched litch by a landslide and they caught him sleeping. New Ulm hasn't lost one game this year (other than the duluth marshal hilltopper tournament) with him in goal, and i predict it stays that way until the state tournament. New Ulm wins 4-2 with an empty netter.
keepmeoutofit

Post by keepmeoutofit »

the nu senior goalie is ranked with the top senior goalies in the state.
the nu soph goalie is ranked with the top sophs in the state.

the hutch junior goalie is in the same ranking with the juniors.
letsgowild

Post by letsgowild »

both of new ulm's goalies are ranked ahead of hutch's goalie so i don't think the goalies will be the problem.hutch has a good first line, but new ulm has a little more depth.can't wait till friday to watch
iced_out99

Post by iced_out99 »

goalieguy_14 wrote:Lack of goaltending? What are you people talking about? Just because he gets lulled out of a game allows a weak goal doesn't mean new ulm is short goaltending, it means they out matched litch by a landslide and they caught him sleeping. New Ulm hasn't lost one game this year (other than the duluth marshal hilltopper tournament) with him in goal, and i predict it stays that way until the state tournament. New Ulm wins 4-2 with an empty netter.
Litch was out matched by a landslide? What are you talking about?
Litch played with NU for the whole game. The shots may have gone in favor of new ulm but litch played with them. I also think the game may have gone differently if the one goal in the first period would have been called for the offside that was seen by everyone in the arena except the referee.
doc15

Post by doc15 »

Im going to have to go with new ulm with this one...they have been on a role. They haven't lost a game since the hilltopper turni during christmas. they just need to play like they are capable and not lay a egg like some of their games they have played.
I.score.do.you.16.

Post by I.score.do.you.16. »

Did a few hutch players really get busted for having drugs and are suspended for the year?
sregit34

Post by sregit34 »

letsgowild wrote:both of new ulm's goalies are ranked ahead of hutch's goalie so i don't think the goalies will be the problem.hutch has a good first line, but new ulm has a little more depth.can't wait till friday to watch
based on stats only. Hutch played a much harder schedule against more high quality teams. That resulted in their goalie giving up more goals to these high caliber teams. That makes his stats look worse. Any goalie can have studly stats playing for new ulm and their schedule. New ulm is a good hockey team, no joke. They are a good team and they didnt really play that tough of a schedule outside of the holiday tournament. There goalies arent that good. Wiggins' pads are way to big for him and his movement suffers greatly. He cant make a bood t-push or shuffle crisply because his pads are in the way. Burgau however has very good movement, quick, fairly powerful and crisp stops. he obviously has spent a good amount of time working on his movement. His ability to stop the puck has been subject. He has played most of New Ulms easier games and given up some dumb goals (marshall game). Wiggins is pretty quick, his movement is just awful.
The stats are completely subjective to the schedule each goalie plays and the team he plays for.
Edger

Post by Edger »

Here's hoping Hutch moves on.
They respect the game and their opponents.
Would represent the section well.
Puckyeah1

Post by Puckyeah1 »

Are you saying New Ulm doesn't respect their opponents? explain please...
and as for the weak schedule, this is the first year that they have had such a weak schedule, which is due to higher ranked teams declining the proposed games, for whatever reason. anyways, new ulm has been on a role, they have at least 2 solid lines that play very well together. Not to mention a couple of kids who can really put the puck in the net. Hopefully they can prove themselves friday.