Future Mr. Hockey?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

breakout

Post by breakout »

sticksuphigh wrote:
breakout wrote:
sticksuphigh wrote: Interesting shot at Lee considering he led the NIT tourney in scoring with 4 goals and 7 assists. For a known 2-way player, is it the seven assists that scream "Its about me" breakdown" or his lack of effort in the corners trying to get his teammates the puck. Relax and enjoy the game. :wink:

Not convinced he will be a top 5. If so, he would probably have a college deal done by now. Everson led the NIT tournament in goals. With Budish out for the season, Everson will be the top contender from the Hornets.

Lee is a big strong kid. He is not a great skater.

You'll probably come back with some speed skating stuff, eh? Hockey is different, you actually have to go to the right as well as the left.

Breakdown, you now fit the profile of perhaps a handful of bitter, tired hockey rubes who can't move on. Selfish, can't skate, knocks down elderly women in crosswalks I hear too. I am now convince the kid's a stiff. We here at the forum thank you for your insightful hockey mind. I suggest you attempt to relax and remember Northeastern is a very fine school. Peace :wink:
Breakdown? Wow, that stung FYI, this is an opinion board.

Lee should be happy you are such a great supporter of his. Your posts contain lots of praise and recognition for the young man. Did you follow his development at St. Thomas too?

Northeastern?? Enjoy your time at the internet cafe at Bunny's.
scoreboard33

Post by scoreboard33 »

breakout wrote:
Gopher Blog wrote:
breakout wrote:Not convinced he will be a top 5. If so, he would probably have a college deal done by now.
He has had opportunities to commit to a college much sooner than this so using that as any kind of a point is misguided. I do agree that he definitely needs to work on his quickness in those first few steps.
What colleges have shown great interest? How many years would they require him to play Jrs? What kind of offers? Is he attempting to leverage football vs. hockey to get best hockey deal? I know most of that is personal.

I hear he wants to play D1 hockey vs. possible college football. I have heard Notre Dame has an interest, but want one to two years of Jr. from him. I suppose that is typical these days.

Lee is a good player. In my opinion, he is a step back from Hornet's Budish and Everson.
Harvard wanted Lee to commit last year but he held out, I don't think he was a huge fan of the atmosphere at the school and the fact that athletes at Harvard get a bad rap from many other students. Anyway, neither Everson nor Lee is the player that Budish is and this year Lee will have Everson finishing on his line, so he will probably pick up more assists than he had last year. Lee is a great two-way player and scrappy in the corners so I don't know what you are saying about him not being a team player although he skates with his head down more than occasionally and doesn't quite have the vision that Budish. He also has been a scorer all his life, so his passing skills may be there and just not as evident as some others. Lee is a great player and this year he will do some great things and probably neither he nor Everson will get Mr. Hockey because they will split votes, but if Edina wins state, I don't think they will care.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

breakout wrote:I hear he wants to play D1 hockey vs. possible college football. I have heard Notre Dame has an interest, but want one to two years of Jr. from him. I suppose that is typical these days.

Lee is a good player. In my opinion, he is a step back from Hornet's Budish and Everson.
For Notre Dame it's mandatory... just look at their roster. Most of the big name programs (Big Ten, Notre Dame, CC, Denver, etc.) pretty much have their rosters set for '09. Even with potential early defections, a senior without a commitment who wanted to play next season would have to be head and shoulders above all the 2010 recruits whom these top teams already have lined up. If a high caliber uncommitted senior wants to play at one of these big name schools, he should expect to play at least year of juniors.

However, there are less prestigious schools (where the hockey programs still have a modicum of success) that would be willing to push back a committed recruit if a high caliber senior wanted to play in 2009. So, the opportunity is there if such a senior was willing to make a tradeoff. It just depends on the player/student's priorities.

As for the level of education you can get from a "less prestigious" school... I've always maintained that you get out of your education exactly what you put into it.
Big Hit

Post by Big Hit »

Hey Break out! The thing you said about Delisle is way wrong! I watched him in all three games in the NIT and also during the season for the elite leauge The kid works his butt off in both ends of the rink in every game that I saw. He will forsure be up for MR. Hockey! Next time try watching all the the players on the ice as a whole!
sticksuphigh

Post by sticksuphigh »

Big Hit wrote:Hey Break out! The thing you said about Delisle is way wrong! I watched him in all three games in the NIT and also during the season for the elite leauge The kid works his butt off in both ends of the rink in every game that I saw. He will forsure be up for MR. Hockey! Next time try watching all the the players on the ice as a whole!
Big hit! Danny is a very solid player, don't sweat the ledd filled comments by Mr. B. Remember, "The cream always rises to the top" I heard that at a internet cafe........... :wink:

I always loved that one....
HSpuckguy

Mr. Hockey

Post by HSpuckguy »

It's funny how all these Edina guys keep marketing Anders Lee, when he's probably not even in the Top 10...must be the entire family chiming in about an above average player, but certainly not Mr. Hockey at this point. Everson is a great goal scorer, but the goals might come a bit tougher w/o Budish feeding him the puck, which I think will keep him from winning Mr. Hockey. Ben Hanowski might end up with the state scoring record, but probably wouldn't be close if he played in a strong conference, so he'll be a long shot to win.

At this time, I think Mattson would be the front runner, if a forward was selected.

I've said it before in this blog, Nick Leddy is the front runner for Mr. Hockey...don't take my word, ask pro scouts and college coaches, and they'll tell you that Leddy is the highest rated high schooler for this years draft. Because Leddy is a defenseman, he doesn't get nearly the recognition he deserves.

Here's just another link supporting the facts...

http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.co ... dates.html

Then click on " the top ten candidates for the Minnesota Mr. Hockey award" at the top of the blog.
breakout

Post by breakout »

sticksuphigh wrote:
Big Hit wrote:Hey Break out! The thing you said about Delisle is way wrong! I watched him in all three games in the NIT and also during the season for the elite leauge The kid works his butt off in both ends of the rink in every game that I saw. He will forsure be up for MR. Hockey! Next time try watching all the the players on the ice as a whole!
Big hit! Danny is a very solid player, don't sweat the ledd filled comments by Mr. B. Remember, "The cream always rises to the top" I heard that at a internet cafe........... :wink:

I thought I was a Northestern guy. Sherlock Holmes you are not :oops:
sticksuphigh

Post by sticksuphigh »

breakout wrote:
sticksuphigh wrote:

BreakDown, the only one that should be red-faced are those parental rubes who take cheap shots at HS kids to promote their own hidden agenda.

Take a break from the computer, posting 4 times a day over the last three years might point to some festering issues..... :oops:
wild4hockey9

Post by wild4hockey9 »

marshall everson, Anders Lee, or Danny Mattson win take the cake this year.

next year Gardner?
breakout

Post by breakout »

sticksuphigh wrote:
breakout wrote:
sticksuphigh wrote: Big hit! Danny is a very solid player, don't sweat the ledd filled comments by Mr. B. Remember, "The cream always rises to the top" I heard that at a internet cafe........... :wink:

BreakDown, the only one that should be red-faced are those parental rubes who take cheap shots at HS kids to promote their own hidden agenda.

Take a break from the computer, posting 4 times a day over the last three years might point to some festering issues..... :oops:
Stickupyours, you got a point. I should be spending more time with my four kids. However, being around hockey is a passion ....... like riding a bike, know what I mean?

Keep working your multiple monikers and continue your U Tube marketing. By the way, your agenda is not a secret. to anyone.

FYI, Minnhock is a wonderful hockey forum where hockey people can and do express their opinions. Maybe you should consider that college and pro scouts do not take stock in what is entered in this blog. Instead you may want to send info to Sid Hartman. He has proven to be a great hockey mind. Good luck to you and good bye.
:P
E

Post by E »

2009= Sam Swanson (WBL)
2010= Ryan Wolters (WBL)
FightingSiouxForever

Post by FightingSiouxForever »

Danny Mattson or Everson for sure...
Papa Bergundy

Post by Papa Bergundy »

FightingSiouxForever wrote:Danny Mattson or Everson for sure...

Stop bumping the table or the record might skip... might skip.

Told you so.
Stay Classy, Minnesota.
BSU93

Post by BSU93 »

If Tyler Lapic can score as many points without Seth Ambroz id should be him, because the talent around him will be lacking where as the edina boys and good and as much of freaks as they are, they have so much talent around them to help get the job done.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

As we have seen in the past, scoring points does not mean you get the award. You need to also be a leader on and off the ice. Many kids in the past have been top scorers in the state, but walked away disappointed. But I also agree, Lapic is a tough player playing on a team that if they can hold themselves together will be a good class A team.
Penalty Shot

Post by Penalty Shot »

Max Tardy Duluth East
Great player great leader!
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

DANNY MATTSON....Hand down!!
B

Post by B »

SAM SWANSON
already got a hat trick!
this kids on his way
losing is still far from optional
dherman8

Post by dherman8 »

B wrote:SAM SWANSON
already got a hat trick!
this kids on his way
Who is this clown and how many one lettered accounts does he have? Which one of you White Bear guys unleashed him?
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

dherman8 wrote:
already got a hat trick!
this kids on his way
Who is this clown and how many one lettered accounts does he have? Which one of you White Bear guys unleashed him?
It does bring back memories of the twenty of so (of which only one or so avoided banning) wblsuperfans from last season, doesn't it?

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

east hockey wrote:
dherman8 wrote:
already got a hat trick!
this kids on his way
It does bring back memories of the twenty of so (of which only one or so avoided banning) wblsuperfans from last season, doesn't it?

Lee
It certainly does.
B

Post by B »

wbmd wrote:
east hockey wrote:
dherman8 wrote: Who is this clown and how many one lettered accounts does he have? Which one of you White Bear guys unleashed him?

Lee
It certainly does.
gotta love white bear superfans.
but honestly give swanson some crdeit! dont even tell me this kid isnt amazing at hockey. very underrated...
losing is still far from optional
specialblend

Post by specialblend »

wbmd wrote:
east hockey wrote:
dherman8 wrote: Who is this clown and how many one lettered accounts does he have? Which one of you White Bear guys unleashed him?

Lee
It certainly does.
Haha, those fellas showed one of a kind dedication to their team. Their absence is missed dearly, wherever they are..
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

wbmd wrote:
east hockey wrote:

Lee
It certainly does.
Yes, this appears to be the same old script.

You know, I would appreciate WBL's efforts to take down Hill-Murray a bit more if some of their fans could discover a slight sense of objectivity and/or humility.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

karl(east) wrote:
wbmd wrote:
east hockey wrote: It does bring back memories of the twenty of so (of which only one or so avoided banning) wblsuperfans from last season, doesn't it?

Lee
It certainly does.
Yes, this appears to be the same old script.

You know, I would appreciate WBL's efforts to take down Hill-Murray a bit more if some of their fans could discover a slight sense of objectivity and/or humility.
Humility should be easy for them, or is it something they reserve for March? Image

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006