Another Private Champion to be crowned tomorrow night.

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Sparlimb

Another Private Champion to be crowned tomorrow night.

Post by Sparlimb »

After St. Thomas Academy and Hill-Murray finished of their state runs, the public school folks thought it was over. But two catholic schools have combined to make a run at another title.

I'm talking, of course, about Boston College and Notre Dame meeting for the NCAA championship. Nice to see a nice private catholic school will win again. I'm pulling for Notre Dame with a couple of H-M grads on their squad. BC may have one or two as well. Granted as a U of MN fan, I'm publik skool all the way at this level...

If it wasn't for the intentional exclusion of private catholic schools in the NHL, we'd probably be looking at a 4 for 4 situation.
packerboy

Re: Another Private Champion to be crowned tomorrow night.

Post by packerboy »

Sparlimb wrote:After St. Thomas Academy and Hill-Murray finished off their state runs, the public school folks thought it was over. But two catholic schools have combined to make a run at another title.

I'm talking, of course, about Boston College and Notre Dame meeting for the NCAA championship. Nice to see a nice private catholic school will win again. I'm pulling for Notre Dame with a couple of H-M grads on their squad. BC may have one or two as well. Granted as a U of MN fan, I'm publik skool all the way at this level...

If it wasn't for the intentional exclusion of private catholic schools in the NHL, we'd probably be looking at a 4 for 4 situation.

Yup, From Constantinople to St Paul to Denver, Catholics are on the road to victory.

This Crusade continues even after Lent.

He is Risen.

Our teams are victoriuos.

The force is with us:

TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

packerboy wrote:
Sparlimb wrote:After St. Thomas Academy and Hill-Murray finished off their state runs, the public school folks thought it was over. But two catholic schools have combined to make a run at another title.

Yup, From Constantinople to St Paul to Denver, Catholics are on the road to victory.

This Crusade continues even after Lent.

He is Risen.

Our teams are victoriuos.

The force is with us:

Great Picture PB!!!!! :)
pistol

Post by pistol »

I'm a Notre Dame guy, but BC would be nice for Shaf, too.
cclavin

Post by cclavin »

Sparlimb wrote:After St. Thomas Academy and Hill-Murray finished of their state runs, the public school folks thought it was over. But two catholic schools have combined to make a run at another title.

St. Norbert's won the NCAA DIII title this year making it a clean sweep for Friday fish eaters.