2007-08 Top 10 Squirt A Team

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

RussianCircles

2007-08 Top 10 Squirt A Team

Post by RussianCircles »

My sons team has been in some tournaments to past year with the likes of Edina, Wayzata, White Bear Lake, Eden Prairie. We didn't fair to well against these teams. I would like to know your top 10 teams in the state. Why does Minnesota not have a state tournament, when their is Silver Stick and a National Squirt Championship?
O-townClown

really

Post by O-townClown »

I wasn't aware of the national Squirt championship.
Be kind. Rewind.
decksave

Post by decksave »

Recognizing the "they're only Squirts" caveat, from what I have seen:

1. Edina
2. Wayzata
3. EP
4. Lakeville North
5. Maple Grove
6. WBL
7. Burnsville
8. Jefferson
9. Gersich (oops, I mean Chaska)
10. Lakeville South

Also receiving votes: Eastview, Elk River
Think twice, speak once.
Keep_it_com'n

Post by Keep_it_com'n »

This is how I seen it.

1. Edina
2. WBL
3. Maple Grove
4. Wayzata
5. Elk River
6. Lakeville North
7. EP
8. Stillwater
9. Burnsville
10. Anyones guess?
watchdog

Post by watchdog »

gersich will be a peewee next year..
egf hockey1

Post by egf hockey1 »

Nice to see you back Watchdog! Always nice to get another northern view on this site.
egf hockey1

Post by egf hockey1 »

Take the 10 teams that had the highest finishes in the Fargo Tournament and you will have your top 10 Squirt teams in the state. That may miss a couple, but for the most part the best teams in MN were there.
egf hockey1

Post by egf hockey1 »

Using my Fargo theory:

1- Edina
2- Wayzata
3- Maple Grove
4- East Grand Forks
5- Eden Prairie
6- White Bear Lake
7- Burnsville
8- Bloom-Jefferson
9- Chaska
10- Crookston
FLHRCI_03

Post by FLHRCI_03 »

Most, but not all top teams are at the Fargo Tourney. Some Districts have District playoffs that weekend and are not allowed to participate in this tournament. One is District 10 (Teams like Centennial, Elk River, Blaine, Andover, Champlin Park, etc…..)

I witnessed Elk River play Edina in White Bear at the Moose Goheen Tournament for the Championship. Elk River was up on them for most of the game, but in the end lost. Skated right with Edina.
southernhockey1

Post by southernhockey1 »

[quote="FLHRCI_03"]Most, but not all top teams are at the Fargo Tourney. Some Districts have District playoffs that weekend and are not allowed to participate in this tournament. One is District 10 (Teams like Centennial, Elk River, Blaine, Andover, Champlin Park, etc…..)

I witnessed Elk River play Edina in White Bear at the Moose Goheen Tournament for the Championship. Elk River was up on them for most of the game, but in the end lost. Skated right with Edina.[/quote]

Perhaps District 10 would get smart and change the dates of their District Tournament so they can play in Fargo....
RussianCircles

Post by RussianCircles »

I do like the Fargo Theory that egf hockey 1 used, and I looked at some others and wonder why there is no Love for Eden Prairie look at egf hockey 1 rankings and EP played 5 of his top 10 and won 7 of 9 games against those team and also is the only team to beat the mighty mighty Edina Squirt A Hornets. I do know they played not great hockey the last month on the year, but Eden Prairie in my book is the second best team this year in Squirt A hockey and my son plays for a D8 team that played EP. I did see the game they lost to Wayzata in Fargo and the one in Bloomington, EP got out played in Bloomington and out played Wayzata in Fargo but lost to Rem Pitlick. But like someone wrote it doesn't matter because it is only Squirts and I bet they are the same people the play year round. GO WILD GO! SWEEP THE AVS.