Who will the Gophers rely on to shut down Gerbe

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Lowerchesterdchs

Who will the Gophers rely on to shut down Gerbe

Post by Lowerchesterdchs »

Seems as though the best way to win would be to slow him down, but I am not sure if the Gophs have faced a forward like him.

http://www.mnhockey.blogspot.com/
boblee

post 10270

Post by boblee »

They are going to have to rely on Kangas to stop him. Plain and simple. He will get his chances. Kangas needs to stay hot.
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

If Muse plays well for Boston College, I don't think the Gophers stand a chance. I honestly think that Boston College is the second best team in the tourney. The gophers got a rough draw. If you focus just on Gerbe, somebody else will beat you. Having Okposo would help. Look out for Carl Sneep from Brainerd!
Gopher Blog

Re: Who will the Gophers rely on to shut down Gerbe

Post by Gopher Blog »

Lowerchesterdchs wrote:I am not sure if the Gophs have faced a forward like him.
Kevin Porter and T.J. Oshie are just as good (if not better) than Gerbe and the Gophers faced those two players multiple times this year.
sportsguy14

Post by sportsguy14 »

personally, i would think that some of the d-men like peltier and bickel could slow them down, also wheeler. All three of those guys have size and speed.
Love4Hockey

Post by Love4Hockey »

bickel takes too many dumb penalties...lets go huskies..get that first ncaa win.