UND at UM sat. night finish

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

wisconsinprephockey

Post by wisconsinprephockey »

Was his gesture directed to an official, player, or Lucia?
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

wisconsinprephockey wrote:Was his gesture directed to an official, player, or Lucia?
Referee
gaborik

Post by gaborik »

wasnt it when malone got his double roughing and misconduct?

about half way through the 2nd
61ache

Post by 61ache »

gaborik wrote:wasnt it when malone got his double roughing and misconduct?

about half way through the 2nd
Yeah, when Malone got 4 Peltier got 2 and Hakstol let Adams know what he thought about that decision
George Blanda

Post by George Blanda »

DmanDad1980 wrote:Watching hockey for many years, I have fomulated the following opinion.

This is a typical display of a Hakstol & Eades (Warroad) coached team. Both were hacks as players, and continue to carry the tradition as coaches at UND. It permeates down to the players.
I would never say that of any of Blaise's teams prior to this tandem's tenure...

Too bad the camera didn't catch Hakstol's and Eades actions after the game when "Princess" Don Adam was talking to Lucia and Guentzel, by the look on Guentzel's face, it certainly made him angry... :shock:
I played against Warroad in the state tourney in '03-'04 and I recall Cary Eades absolutely tearing in to one of his players after a kid on our team got hurt by a Warroad player...I wouldn't call him a "hack" coach.
"they are LAME" -darkdemon on SJU hockey
mrhockey08

Post by mrhockey08 »

North Dakota has proven they are a classless team several times,like when they played the gophers earlier and attacked Drew Fisher off the faceoff by charging at him and blindsiding him and know this i use to like North Dakota up until this year due to cheap shot classless acts like what took place over the weekend
Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother »

I really cant bring myself to like UND when they display sportsmanship like what we saw over the weekend and when one of their stars continues to get himself arrested.
BB
Knowlzee

Hakstol and Eades

Post by Knowlzee »

The hand gesture by Coach Hakstol was wrong.

However, Coach Hakstol is a class act. He made a mistake in the heat of battle, admitted it was wrong, appologized, will accept the consequences, and I think will learn from it and become an even better coach (how scarry is that) because of it.

Coach Eades is also a class guy. Thanks, George Blanda for the real life reference,.....more than an opinion that has "watched hockey for many years".

Both coaches are very nice, polite, and cordial off the ice, and were very fierce competitors on the ice. As an opponent, if you plan to win, you will need to beat them, they will not quit,....a very admirable trait.

I have come to the realization that North Dakota hockey may never be "liked" by some,.....good thing the champion isn't determined like a beauty pageant, or like a presidential election.
Mr. Bo Dangles

Post by Mr. Bo Dangles »

grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

That just shows how intense the rivalry is. I can apreciate coaches and players losing their cool once in a while.

The next time they meet should be wild to say the least.
I can't wait.