Section 3A

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

whockeyguy

Post by whockeyguy »

sorry RLstars, Not from Willmar,know some peoplt out there, jsut seen a couple of games with some teams, not a rocket scientist , but with the scoresposted and who plays stronger competition, ill stand by what i said earlier,, why is it the Marshall faithfull get all bent out shape when nobody thinks much about them
stanryckman

Post by stanryckman »

the "w" must stand for women's then. NU is still the team to beat.
whockeyguy

Post by whockeyguy »

and it looks like Marshall and Willmar have already done that
Bhindthemask

Post by Bhindthemask »

If there is no obviuos number one, well then obviously it must be New Ulm!!!!!!!!!! Other than Hutch and Litch, who has New Ulm beat??????? After that, New Ulm's next toughest victory's were against Prairie Center, and Windom. Since New Ulm was beat by both Marshall and Wilmar head to head, I guess they would have to be placed ahead of New Ulm. Lets see who New Ulm has beaten.

LeSeuer/Henderson 5-13
Austin 0-16
Waseca 5-12-1
Fairmont 2-13
Robbinsdale Copper 6-10
Windom 9-10
Prairie Center 9-8-2
Litchfield 4-12
Hutchinson 8-8 (toughest confrence in 3A)

At one point, weren't the south central and the southewest conference suppose to merge? Then didn't New Ulm put up a huge fuss saying that is was going to be a huge step back for the program? Worked out good for New Ulm I guess, now they can keep winning conference championships. If they would have merged w/ the southwest they would have to beat Marshall to win that title. Can someone tell me what New Ulm's record is against Marshall??? Is the SCC the weakest conference in the state?

Winner of Hutch at Marshall next Sat. will show us #1 and #2

Hutch wins,
1-Hutch
2-Marshall
3-Wilmar
4-New Ulm
5-Litchfield

Marshall wins,
1-Marshall
2-Hutch
3-Wilmar
4-New Ulm
5-Litchfield

In my opinion (and who really cares) thats how it would look. At least until more games are played.
minnhockey33

Post by minnhockey33 »

Bhindthemask wrote:If there is no obviuos number one, well then obviously it must be New Ulm!!!!!!!!!! Other than Hutch and Litch, who has New Ulm beat??????? After that, New Ulm's next toughest victory's were against Prairie Center, and Windom. Since New Ulm was beat by both Marshall and Wilmar head to head, I guess they would have to be placed ahead of New Ulm. Lets see who New Ulm has beaten.

LeSeuer/Henderson 5-13
Austin 0-16
Waseca 5-12-1
Fairmont 2-13
Robbinsdale Copper 6-10
Windom 9-10
Prairie Center 9-8-2
Litchfield 4-12
Hutchinson 8-8 (toughest confrence in 3A)

At one point, weren't the south central and the southewest conference suppose to merge? Then didn't New Ulm put up a huge fuss saying that is was going to be a huge step back for the program? Worked out good for New Ulm I guess, now they can keep winning conference championships. If they would have merged w/ the southwest they would have to beat Marshall to win that title. Can someone tell me what New Ulm's record is against Marshall??? Is the SCC the weakest conference in the state?

Winner of Hutch at Marshall next Sat. will show us #1 and #2

Hutch wins,
1-Hutch
2-Marshall
3-Wilmar
4-New Ulm
5-Litchfield

Marshall wins,
1-Marshall
2-Hutch
3-Wilmar
4-New Ulm
5-Litchfield

In my opinion (and who really cares) thats how it would look. At least until more games are played.

In an earlier post by Edger he listed the NU vs Marshall History...here is what he wrote:

As for the Marshall/NU debate....
The two teams did not start playing each other in HS hockey until 2003.
Their first meeting was in the 1A Section Quarters.
Scores -
2002-3 playoffs Marshall 4 New Ulm 3
2003-4 Marshall 4 New Ulm 4
2004-5 Marshall 6 New Ulm 4
2005-6 New Ulm 3 Marshall 2
Marshall 6 New Ulm 4
2005-6 playoffs Marshall 3 New Ulm 0
2006-7 Marshall 2 New Ulm 1
New Ulm 1 Marshall 0
2007-8 Marshall 7 New Ulm 1

Marshall 6 wins
New Ulm 2 wins
1 tie
bombsquad06

3a

Post by bombsquad06 »

You are right Marshall plays in the tuff SW conf. and they beat NU so they are #1 seed. :D I would say we'll see what the outcome of the game on 2/7/08 in NU is before anyone can talk about who is #1. SW conf is the worst in the state, I think they wanted NU to join but some smart people said no way...
minnhockey33

Re: 3a

Post by minnhockey33 »

bombsquad06 wrote:You are right Marshall plays in the tuff SW conf. and they beat NU so they are #1 seed. :D I would say we'll see what the outcome of the game on 2/7/08 in NU is before anyone can talk about who is #1. SW conf is the worst in the state, I think they wanted NU to join but some smart people said no way...
Are you implying the South Central Conference is a good conference?
Here are the teams in each one and their ranking according to minnesota-scores.net

Southwest Conference:
36 Marshall
52 Luverne
62 Windom
70 Worthington
71 Redwood Valley
82 Sleepy Eye

South Central Conference:
39 New Ulm
75 St Peter/Le Seur
80 Waseca
82 Fairmont

5 of the teams in the SWC are ranked above the second highest ranked team in the SCC...Now i know rankings don't really mean much but to throw out the SWC as the worst conference without mention of the SCC just isn't right.

I bet those smart people did say no way, that way they can win their conference every year.
bombsquad06

3a

Post by bombsquad06 »

Those smart people said that the SCC is shi**y but with a move to the SWC has even more shi**y teams so NU might as well stay where they are. Not to say that most of the SWC has no JV teams and NU does. What is the rankings on minnhock? We really don't need to spat over it both conf. suck. Just not much anyone can do about it.
minnhockey33

Post by minnhockey33 »

I"m not sure what the rankings on minnhock are i just used mnscores because it splits up class A and AA,

But yes both conferences are pretty equally weak and there isn't anything you can do but win the conference title every year if you are New Ulm and Marshall
SC.elite918

Post by SC.elite918 »

Who are the top players from each team to lead their group to the section finals?
minnhockey33

Post by minnhockey33 »

Litchfield 4
Mound-Westonka 2

Hutchinson 2
New Prague 8
darkdemon

Post by darkdemon »

minnhockey33 wrote:Litchfield 4
Mound-Westonka 2

Hutchinson 2
New Prague 8
This section should be played in Florida
The DEMON
stanryckman

Post by stanryckman »

i see Marshall got shelled by albert lea 10-0. if they can't bounce back against new ulm thursday they may go from a chance at the 1 seed down to 5 or 6. i think last year they lost 3 big games before seedings. too much pressure...
Coolice

Post by Coolice »

Did NU just play Shattuck? How did that go?
bodangles8

Post by bodangles8 »

litch beat st. michael, mound, and rocori this week
powerplay009

Post by powerplay009 »

Shattuck won 4-0
SC.elite918

Post by SC.elite918 »

What are the big games this week for section 3A and what are your perdictions.
dangleallday16

Post by dangleallday16 »

SC.elite918 wrote:What are the big games this week for section 3A and what are your perdictions.
Thursday New Ulm vs. Marshall

good crowd NU-5 Marshall-2
show_timer39

Post by show_timer39 »

Another big game this week is Saturday when Marshall hosts Hutch. I think it will be a hard fought game but I think Marshall comes out with the win 5-3

And for Thursday's game in New Ulm I think Marshall will win that one as well only a close 6-5 in OT
minnhockey33

Post by minnhockey33 »

New Ulm does have a good crowd that really gets into the game(if it is the same as it has been in the past) which will be an obstacle for Marshall. I think it's going to be close and could very well be decided in over time which would revamp the intense rivalry these two teams have shared in the past years.
Last year when these two teams met, both games were decided by a single goal

One thing i will say is this will not be a 7-1 game again either way, my prediction is Marshall 3 New Ulm 2, a game that will go down to the final minutes of regulation if not over time.

I think these teams realize how big this game is for them both so we will see some good hockey.
bombsquad06

3a

Post by bombsquad06 »

Did Marshall just play Albert Lea? What was the score?
sick_dangles08

Post by sick_dangles08 »

im not sure, but did marshall play new ulm earlier this year? what was the score?
SC.elite918

Post by SC.elite918 »

The score was Albert Lea 10 Marshall 0. And by now I am sure you know the score of the marshall-new ulm. But if you continue to rub it in New Ulms face that score was 7-1. Also if your Marshall boys are so good they should have no problem doing it again.
SC.elite918

Post by SC.elite918 »

[quote="sick_dangles08"]even if new ulm has a tougher schedule marshall still beat them 7-1 so does it really matter..?[/quote]

Does this sound familiar
Innocentbystander

Post by Innocentbystander »

also if im not mistaken I believe New Ulm lost to albert lea 3 to 5 when they played them. Just gonna throw that out there.