Section 3A

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

minnhockey33

Post by minnhockey33 »

Friday update:

Northfield 3
Hutchinson 2

Little Falls 5
Willmar 2

Holy Family Catholic 8
Litchfield 1
minnhockey33

Post by minnhockey33 »

Saturday:

New Ulm 2
Sartell/St Stephens 5

Marshall 2
Wadena/Deer Creek 5

I think you could say this wasn't a very good weekend for 3A hockey...
ap4mvp

Post by ap4mvp »

minnhockey33 wrote:Saturday:

New Ulm 2
Sartell/St Stephens 5

Marshall 2
Wadena/Deer Creek 5

I think you could say this wasn't a very good weekend for 3A hockey...
Wow :!: Your best team in 3A Marshall, was easily beat by a below average team in 6A Wadena/Deer Creek and 6A is down this year :!: 3A is garbage
If you only knew the power of the dark side!
stanryckman

Post by stanryckman »

ap, get back on your sled and stay out of our thread.
stanryckman

Post by stanryckman »

marshall is definitely not the best team in 3A. they seem to be struggling. no one has taken control yet.
powerplay009

Post by powerplay009 »

Marshall defnitely outplayed Wadena just couldn't put the puck in the back of the net. Shots were something like 42-22 in favor of Marshall but they couldn't find a way to put a couple more in.
Bhindthemask

Shots

Post by Bhindthemask »

powerplay009 wrote:Shots aren't a great indication of how a hockey game goes. It's quality not quanity. Marshall played everyone equally tonight and was in total control of the game from the drop of the puck being up 2-0 under 2 minutes into the game.
Any other section games tonight?
A quote that was left by powerplay on a game where Marshall outshot Luverne 33-22. and someone asked about Luverne keeping the shots that close. If you can call it close. So powerplay, make up your mind, are shots on goal a "great indication on how a game goes"? Or is it really about wether your team wins or loses? I guess Marshall just wasn't taking quality shots last night huh? This is not a slam on Marshall, but they tend to take a lot of shots, even if it is in a losing effort. One must also note that Wilmar and Litch were also beat by Wadena, so I wouldn't say that being beat by Wadena is going to drop your ranking in this section. Who is ever going to step up and take the lead in this section? Still leaning towards Marshall myself.
whockeyguy

Post by whockeyguy »

You hear it here first, Marshall will be out of the picture by the finals, they WILL loose either in the quarters{ depending on the seeding } but for sure in the semis, the gang of four, LDC, HUTCH, New Ulm , and even Willmar will beat this team if matched up in the semis, Marshalls best shot is to get matched with New Ulm in the semis , just maybe the the intense rivarly will put them past this match up.
puuck

Post by puuck »

So funny. :P
Last edited by puuck on Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
powerplay009

Post by powerplay009 »

It is true its quality not quanity but a lot of there 42 shots were quality sorry I didn't state that I was just giving some facts on the game. They dominated the play and had I bet up around 15 quality scoring chances maybe more and could only score twice. Wadena took advantage of there chances and Marshall did not simple as that.
Bhindthemask

Post by Bhindthemask »

Did Marshall get many pp opportunities in this game? I think that may be Marshalls best asset. I am also wondering if any other team in this section has a third line consisting of a 8th, 9th, and 10th grader as their three for forwards?
eaglescout06

3a

Post by eaglescout06 »

NU did the same thing Marshall did then. NU 42 shots 2 goals Sartell 31 shots 5 goals. OUCH!
powerplay009

Post by powerplay009 »

Marshall I believe was 1/3 on the powerplay.
gopherfan06

Post by gopherfan06 »

No there isn't another team with as many younger guys as Marshall has but now due to some injuries they have an 8th grader playing in the top 4 D. They should be healthy though by the time playoffs come around as they lost one of there best defensemen for 4-6 weeks while playing Lourdes.
Bhindthemask

Post by Bhindthemask »

Who was the D-man that was injured from Marshall?
powerplay009

Post by powerplay009 »

Evan VanderZiel
ap4mvp

Post by ap4mvp »

stanryckman wrote:marshall is definitely not the best team in 3A. they seem to be struggling. no one has taken control yet.
If no one has taken control yet is there a chance a team like Fairmont or Willmar could emerge as the section champion :?:
If you only knew the power of the dark side!
minnhockey33

Post by minnhockey33 »

whockeyguy wrote:You hear it here first, Marshall will be out of the picture by the finals, they WILL loose either in the quarters{ depending on the seeding } but for sure in the semis, the gang of four, LDC, HUTCH, New Ulm , and even Willmar will beat this team if matched up in the semis, Marshalls best shot is to get matched with New Ulm in the semis , just maybe the the intense rivarly will put them past this match up.
Is this based on all of your experience watching 3A games this year, or is this just hopping from thread to thread saying your opinion on something you don't really follow
whockeyguy

Post by whockeyguy »

hey minn hockey33, everybody is entitled to an opinion,no matter what you think, if not then go to Cuba and try to give an opinion there,
minnhockey33

Post by minnhockey33 »

whockeyguy wrote:hey minn hockey33, everybody is entitled to an opinion,no matter what you think, if not then go to Cuba and try to give an opinion there,
I don't recall saying you couldn't state your opinion, nor saying you're wrong, i simply asked a question of whether or not you know what you're talking about.
sick_dangles08

Post by sick_dangles08 »

doesnt really sound like he does...
bodangles8

Post by bodangles8 »

ur just jealous he didn't mention marshall as the top four..
mnhockey09

Post by mnhockey09 »

New Ulm-6 Windom-3
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

minnhockey33 wrote:
whockeyguy wrote:hey minn hockey33, everybody is entitled to an opinion,no matter what you think, if not then go to Cuba and try to give an opinion there,
I don't recall saying you couldn't state your opinion, nor saying you're wrong, i simply asked a question of whether or not you know what you're talking about.
Umm.......I think the "w" in "whockeyguy" is for Willmar. I'm sure he sees a few 3a games during the year.
Bhindthemask

Post by Bhindthemask »

When do the section seedings take place, and if it were today, how would things shake out?