Stillwater vs Roseville 12/6 -- Goalie Fight

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ae_42

Stillwater vs Roseville 12/6 -- Goalie Fight

Post by ae_42 »

Apparently no one picked up on this game but at the end of the 2nd period after a faceoff in Roseville's zone punches started flying. Roseville's goalie went in to break up the fight and then the Stillwater goalie saw this and came flying in to help out. The fight was pretty even, the Stillwater goalie's helmet came off and after a few punches the zebras broke it up.
Pucknutz69

Post by Pucknutz69 »

The Roseville goalie came out to do more then break-up the fight. He was throwing those gloves around pretty good. The Stillwater goalie came down to even things out.
Stateofhockey07

Re: Stillwater vs Roseville 12/6 -- Goalie Fight

Post by Stateofhockey07 »

ae_42 wrote:Apparently no one picked up on this game but at the end of the 2nd period after a faceoff in Roseville's zone punches started flying. Roseville's goalie went in to break up the fight and then the Stillwater goalie saw this and came flying in to help out. The fight was pretty even, the Stillwater goalie's helmet came off and after a few punches the zebras broke it up.
When you say "after a few punches", does that mean the refs let it go like an NHL fight, or after a few punches they noticed what was going on behind their backs or something.
hockeyeast223

Post by hockeyeast223 »

Really entertaining stuff. I'm somewhat surprised nothing more was posted about this. Apparently, it was a 5-5 brawl- most were without helmets and gloves- when the Roseville goalie jumped in, and the Stillwater goalie came flying down, battled it out and both were disqualified. Something you don't really see in HS hockey, and something I hope we don't see much more of.
Jbone

Post by Jbone »

Young men full of piss and vinegar!

Sounds like the fight played out correctly with players sticking up for eachother. Goalies are teamates too, so it's hockey at it's finest.
p-town2

Post by p-town2 »

anybody know which goalies were playing
luvuvthegame

Post by luvuvthegame »

In addition to the goalies being tossed, I believe one more of Roseville's lads was "excused" for the night... Anyone have any insights on how/why the mayhem unfolded as it did, and if those were the only ejections???
PonyPosse07

Post by PonyPosse07 »

it was a pretty good fight.....Senior captain Nick Streine and sophomore Goalie Tristan Pennella were ejected for Stillwater and both were suspended for the Cretin game which they lost 3-2 in OT
Pucknutz69

Post by Pucknutz69 »

Proof the Roseville goalie was doing more then breaking up the fight.

http://www.stillwatercourier.com/articl ... fm?id=2499
Lumberjack

Post by Lumberjack »

This doesn't surprise me one bit considering Roseville was involved. I've been less than impressed with their players and fans. No class & little respect for the game.
ae_42

no class

Post by ae_42 »

more like lumberjackass