Point Streak

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Skip_per

Point Streak

Post by Skip_per »

FYI to all.
The Minnesota Coaches Association has bought into a new software called PointStreak. It is a nice peice of software and will enable everyone to see the stats and information about all players from accross the state. Each team will have their own website.

Games will be managed live in the box by the scorekeeper. I am not sure all rinks have internet access to allow this but once they do it can be done live. Otherwise at period breaks the score keeper can go to the office and upload the information at that time.

I am going to be scorekeeping at Brainerd, we will be doing it live as we are connected.

GO to this hyperlink to see the information. Not everyone has all of the information posted as of yet but they are working on it.

http://www.pointstreak.com/players/play ... agueid=538

Peace
Goldy Gopher

Re: Point Streak

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Skip_per wrote:FYI to all.
The Minnesota Coaches Association has bought into a new software called PointStreak. It is a nice peice of software and will enable everyone to see the stats and information about all players from accross the state. Each team will have their own website.

Games will be managed live in the box by the scorekeeper. I am not sure all rinks have internet access to allow this but once they do it can be done live. Otherwise at period breaks the score keeper can go to the office and upload the information at that time.

I am going to be scorekeeping at Brainerd, we will be doing it live as we are connected.

GO to this hyperlink to see the information. Not everyone has all of the information posted as of yet but they are working on it.

http://www.pointstreak.com/players/play ... agueid=538

Peace
Is this kind of like RinkWriter which has been used in St. Cloud and other surrounding areas for a couple years now?
The U invented swagger.
O-townClown

good

Post by O-townClown »

Pointstreak rocks. Our men's league, as well as most of the youth hockey in Florida, runs on Pointstreak. It adds a stamp of professionalism that only bolsters a league's credibility.

The USHL is on Pointstreak. I think it is great that Minnesota HS hockey is heading in that direction.

Done statewide it will certainly make tablating statistics much easier.
fkahckyprofessor20

Post by fkahckyprofessor20 »

Sounds like a great idea. Hopefully most rinks in MN will adopt the system right away this year.
larsey

Post by larsey »

Yeah, it IS cool. I'm checking out my kids game right now! He plays Jr's in a western state and I can get and see all the details as they happen. It's the end of the 1st and they're up 2-0. There has been 3 penalties and shots on goal are 14-5. What's REALLY cool is "Sports Juice" it's a internet radio broadcast of the game and you can listen to the game on your computer!!
murraychadwick

Post by murraychadwick »

It will be cool IF all the rinks/teams will use it. Otherwise you will have another incomplete website, only this time it will have the Coaches blessing and seem to many to be "official." Anyone remember Varsity Online?
I hope all rinks/teams will get on board, this could be a great clearinghouse for info, but I'd be surprised if it goes off without a hitch or two in the first year.
Skip_per

Fact

Post by Skip_per »

at Present about 95% of the teams are in fact on board with this new system.

Peace
woodley

Post by woodley »

This system is used in the NAHL. It is user friendly and easy to control in the box. The other benefit is that anywhere you have an Internet connection, you can get a live update on the game!
greybeard58

Post by greybeard58 »

Anybody have an idea of the cost?
Skip_per

Get er done

Post by Skip_per »

Come on folks lets get with the show. there are way to many of you out there that need to get on board with the new program.
this will make it better for everyone.
We need to get you in the system. If you have any questions and or are not sure call the representatives.

Get your stuff online.
murraychadwick

Post by murraychadwick »

Looks like very few of the teams/rinks are actually using this. Only about 15 games listed for today, and very few scores entered.
tuffpucker

Post by tuffpucker »

I have been at 2 games this year and the score sheets entered look to be incorrect. How accurate are these stats
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

tuffpucker wrote:I have been at 2 games this year and the score sheets entered look to be incorrect. How accurate are these stats
SOme teams wont even put their rosters online. Very difficult as an opposing coach to do all the stats for both your team and the other...

TIME TO GET ON BOARD OR DROP IT!