Section 1A

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

gabT

Post by gabT »

Does anyone know who has made the Advanced 16 team from 1A? I heard they were mailing out letters but haven't heard of anyone who has gotten one
futureeagle

Post by futureeagle »

What are some of your picks on next year for the section champion i am going with

1.Lourdes
2.Red Wing
3.West
4.Albert Lea
5.Northfield
6.Fairbault
7.Austin
8. I dont know anymore
davey

Post by davey »

gabT wrote:Does anyone know who has made the Advanced 16 team from 1A? I heard they were mailing out letters but haven't heard of anyone who has gotten one
Letters should be received today or tomorrow
bigbabyblue

Post by bigbabyblue »

futureeagle wrote:What are some of your picks on next year for the section champion i am going with

1.Lourdes
2.Red Wing
3.West
4.Albert Lea
5.Northfield
6.Fairbault
7.Austin
8. I dont know anymore
more like:

1.Albert Lea
2.Lourdes
3.RW or West
4.West or RW
5.Northfield
6.Faribault
7.Austin
who cares about the rest
southernmnscout

Post by southernmnscout »

bigbabyblue wrote:
futureeagle wrote:What are some of your picks on next year for the section champion i am going with

1.Lourdes
2.Red Wing
3.West
4.Albert Lea
5.Northfield
6.Fairbault
7.Austin
8. I dont know anymore
more like:

1.Albert Lea
2.Lourdes
3.RW or West
4.West or RW
5.Northfield
6.Faribault
7.Austin
who cares about the rest
BigBabyBlue,

I am not doubting your predictions, but I thought that AL was graduating most of there team from this past year? Lourdes graduates Bahneman and a goalie and a couple of other players from the team that beat AL at AL last year?

Like I said, I do not know much about AL but just thoughtthey graduated most of there scoring from last year? And Cassanova??
Offside

Post by Offside »

Red Wing graduates a couple key players like one good D man and their goalie, Droogma, who did a very good job. Both Albert Lea and Red Wing have given Lourdes fits the last couple years. I'd think Red Wing is the favorite to come out of this section next year.

The key to these three teams will be goaltending. Lourdes has had very inconsistent tending, Red Wing has been very good the past two to three years as has Albert Lea. Red Wing is a very defensive minded team and is in almost every game. They will be strong defensively next year.
davey

Post by davey »

I have to agree that AL, Lourdes and Red Wing look to be the top teams next year, but you also have to throw West in there. They return 7 of their top 8 scorers and lose 1 Defensemen plus their goalies. Goaltending may be a question mark.
Puckhandler

Great 8

Post by Puckhandler »

Does anyone know how the section 1AA/1A Great 8 team did last night?
runingwithechukchi

Post by runingwithechukchi »

(1AA/1A) 6 (8AA/8A) 5
goaler

shots

Post by goaler »

Section 1 outshot Section 8, 39-20. I saw the scoresheet, not the game, but it sounds like goalies Donahue and Casanova did not have the greatest game.
runingwithechukchi

Post by runingwithechukchi »

Casanova did his job, he kept the puck out of the net, made some great saves in the first period.
hockeyfanatic99

Post by hockeyfanatic99 »

I was wondering if the scoresheets were posting anywhere? Also, was wondering who was in the net for section 8 when section 1's goals were scored? Thanks in advance.
swats10

Post by swats10 »

Next Year predictions

1. RW
2. West
3. Lourdes
4. Northfield
5. AL
6. Austin
7. Fairbo
futureeagle

Post by futureeagle »

Wow i cant beleive you have west ahead of lourdes yeah i know they dont lose but one real big contibutor i think but they did nothing this year at sections. they are a bunch of babies that only play when they have the puck they have plenty of talent but no heart whatsoever and why would you put al down that far yeah they lose alot but they should be ahead of northfield and west if west plays like they did at sections this year
fan2007

next year

Post by fan2007 »

Question Swats? How is Northfield is in front of AL and Faribo. Obvioulsy your Austin pick in front of Faribault is a homer pick. Look for it to finish more like this.

1. Lourdes
2. Red Wing
3-5. the big 3 from the Big 9 (AL, Faribo, West) These teams will split the season series with each other. The order will depend on how AL and Faribo do against Lourdes.
6. Northfield
7. Waseca
8. Austin
9. East
10. LeSueur
11. LeCrescent

The 4-5 game will be fun to watch no matter how those teams shake out. West vs AL would be fun as would Northfield vs Faribault. Anyway you look at it, this section will be 6 deep and a lot of fun to watch.
shooter111

Post by shooter111 »

Offside wrote:Red Wing graduates a couple key players like one good D man and their goalie, Droogma, who did a very good job. Both Albert Lea and Red Wing have given Lourdes fits the last couple years. I'd think Red Wing is the favorite to come out of this section next year.

The key to these three teams will be goaltending. Lourdes has had very inconsistent tending, Red Wing has been very good the past two to three years as has Albert Lea. Red Wing is a very defensive minded team and is in almost every game. They will be strong defensively next year.
Little more on Red Wing, their goaltending will definitely be the most inconsistent spot next year, they return one varisty goalie who didnt get much playing time behind Droogsma. When he did, I dont think the results went well.

They do return most of their top scorers in Kesti, Halvorson (SRs), Schammel, Bergeson (JRs). The defense may be shaky at first but like you said they are a very defensive minded team and always have been.

The only thing i dont agree with (which really doesnt matter), is how you say they only lose one good D man and their goalie.. true, but their entire first line was all seniors, and I'm pretty sure many of them doubled their output from last year. But, like I said, doesn't really matter.

Red Wing and Lourdes in the final. 8)
bigbabyblue

Post by bigbabyblue »

ok:: AL may lose a lot of seniors but they do have most of their scoring coming back. also faribault will not be anything considering they probably will lose their Gopher... also what will Northfield have? i am thinking AL, RW, Lourdes,West will run everyone else out these 4 teams will be the best in the section with no question and probably be a toss up to go to state..
shooter111

Post by shooter111 »

Northfield's gonna have squat next year. They werent anything last year, I'm not seeing it this time around either.
Puckhandler

Re: shots

Post by Puckhandler »

goaler wrote:Section 1 outshot Section 8, 39-20. I saw the scoresheet, not the game, but it sounds like goalies Donahue and Casanova did not have the greatest game.
I think you misread the score sheet. You read the SAVES for the game. Which means that Donahue and Casanova won the game for section 1.

See the following. Although it does not mention saves, it does give shots. If you do the math, the shots were 44-26 for Section 8, take out the goals 6-5 and the saves were 39-20.

1AA/1A 6, 8AA/8A 5

1AA/1A 3 3 0--6

8AA/8A 1 1 3--5

First: 1AA/1A: Zweber (Walton, Kvasnicka), :19; 1AA/1A: Kvasnicka (Walton), 2:51; 1AA/1A: Briscoe (Knoepke), 3:34; 8AA/8A: Nitzkowski (Dietz), 5:59. Second: 1AA/1A: Wiesner (Knoepke, Goodew), 1:30; 1AA/1A, Zweber (un.), 8:12; 1AA/1A, Knoepke (Goodew, Meyer), 12:29; 8AA/8A, Hedman (Schiller), 15:35. Third: 8AA/8A: Dietz (Nitzkowski), 4:25; 8AA/8A, Weston (Nitzkowski, Lien), 10:29; 8AA/8A, Voll (Palmiscno, Clark), 17:19. Shots: 1AA/1A 9-12-5-26, 8AA/8A 15-8-21-44
Puckhandler

Post by Puckhandler »

Looks like Casanova and Donahue played well in the semifinal loss too:

3AA/2A 3, 1AA /1A 1

1AA/1A 1 0 0--1

3AA/2A 1 2 0--3

First: 3AA/2A: Connolly (Filzen), 8:04, pp; 1AA/1A: Sackett (Wiesner, Zweber), 11:23. Second: 3AA/2A: Connolly (un.), 4:21; 3AA/2A: Singer (Connolly, Peckskamp), 11:30. Shots on goal: 1AA/1A 10-10-6-26; 3AA/2A 21-13-11-45
goaler

Saves

Post by goaler »

You're right puckhandler . I got it backwards. I'm glad to see Section 1 goalies playing well. Casanova and Donahue are excellent goalies and are representing our section well.
Whats Hannenin

Post by Whats Hannenin »

next year

1) Red Wing
2) Albert Lea
3) Lourdes
4) Mankato West
5) New Ulm

then 6 and down who knows
futureeagle

Post by futureeagle »

Whats Hannenin wrote:next year

1) Red Wing
2) Albert Lea
3) Lourdes
4) Mankato West
5) New Ulm

then 6 and down who knows
New Ulm isnt in our section anymore
Whats Hannenin

Post by Whats Hannenin »

Oh my bad, i didnt know who all switched out of which section.
futureeagle

Post by futureeagle »

its ok just letting you know but honestly i think this is between lourdes and red wing they are the best teams in this section unless alber lea can step up with some younger scores they are third in my mind and west just needs to get some heart if they can do that they MIGHT be in the mix but i doubt it