Next year 1a

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will win 1a

Roch. Lourdes
29%
Red Wing
21%
other
50%

Total votes: 24

Whats Hannenin

Next year 1a

Post by Whats Hannenin »

Who will win section 1a next year?
futureeagle

Post by futureeagle »

Lourdes will win it next year hands down becuase they have goaltending that is decent and always has been from what i hear and they have the super "junior" Line next year i know you cant win with just one line but they seem to always have depth i guess and just becuase its a private school anyone here about any transfers that could help them out.
miracle2200

Post by miracle2200 »

Red Wing returns most of their leading scorers. They were pretty young last year and look at how far they got. Oh, and in the section semi against Lourdes last year? All of those goals were scored by underclassmen. The only nearly unstoppable threat Lourdes had against them was Adafin, and he's gone.
Whats Hannenin

Post by Whats Hannenin »

Miracle, I agree with you on Adafin, but lourdes will still have a solid D in Pete Spratte, and nick wylom is still young so they will have atleast 2 D but for forwards they will only have one line Peterson, Funk, & Voigt and i think Voigt has the most talent on that line to do anything, and they will still have Scudamore in net for them.
futureeagle

Post by futureeagle »

i still think that they will win it i mean they have the talent and the coaching but i dont know i havent heard much about red wing until now so it is going to be a fun year next year to bad it is so far away but its worth the wait section 1a as a whole new outlook they will be respected now and i think that is what we have wanted all this time and we got it now so lets show the other teams what its like playing southern hockey
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Nice to see one of Lourdes or Red Wing will finally get a chance to play in the big dance 8)
Whats Hannenin

Post by Whats Hannenin »

[quote] Nice to see one of Lourdes or Red Wing will finally get a chance to play in the big dance

Watch out for Albert Lea they might upset one of them[/quote]
HShockeywatcher

It was a joke, as they have been unable to for 3 years. Yeah, Albert Lea looked solid this year as they did well at state. If they could upset that'd be cool, but I'm going to have to cheer for the private school.
shooter111

Post by shooter111 »

miracle2200 wrote:Red Wing returns most of their leading scorers. They were pretty young last year and look at how far they got. Oh, and in the section semi against Lourdes last year? All of those goals were scored by underclassmen. The only nearly unstoppable threat Lourdes had against them was Adafin, and he's gone.
agreed.

HShockeywatcher-
you, cheering for a private school? no way.. thats amazing! :shock:
HShockeywatcher

Just to spice things up.

Actually I hope Red Wing wins so there's one more team to give St Thomas an easy win in state if they play 8)
shooter111

Post by shooter111 »

:shock: Touche.

I'd pull out my 'homophobic redneck chants' but thats a bit off topic.
Whats Hannenin

Post by Whats Hannenin »

HShockeywatcher, If you rememberd Red Wing beat Lourdes in sections to play St. Thomas so you cant say Lourdes would make the game closer
bugsy

Post by bugsy »

Gotta put New Prague in the mix as they are now in Section 1A according to MSHSL site
HShockeywatcher

I'm not saying they'd make it closer, just that I was going for the private school.

You're right though, Red Wing is a better bet.
shooter111

Post by shooter111 »

New Prague will make it tough, now having 3 Missota teams in there..
But I still say Lourdes/RW for the final.
ballernation

Post by ballernation »

[quote="futureeagle"]i still think that they will win it i mean they have the talent and the coaching but i dont know i havent heard much about red wing until now so it is going to be a fun year next year to bad it is so far away but its worth the wait section 1a as a whole new outlook they will be respected now and i think that is what we have wanted all this time and we got it now so lets show the other teams what its like playing southern hockey[/quote]

The fact is red wing beat Lourdes so get over it. 1a will not be respected and there a terrible section. I'll admit Lourdes has some great players like Voigt, Spratte, and Peterson. Scudamore is a good goalie, but they only have one deicent line so they won't go that far in the playoffs.

That just happened.
futureeagle

Post by futureeagle »

I dont get how you can sya that section 1 ia a terrible section we are getting these good teams and we have won a game at state the last 3/4 yrs and our section 1aa team just placed third at the state tourney so there must be something wrong with you ohh yeah and our great 8 team just got 3rd at the tournament.
HShockey2180

Post by HShockey2180 »

futureeagle wrote:I dont get how you can sya that section 1 ia a terrible section we are getting these good teams and we have won a game at state the last 3/4 yrs and our section 1aa team just placed third at the state tourney so there must be something wrong with you ohh yeah and our great 8 team just got 3rd at the tournament.
1.Half of the teams in every state tournament win a game
2.The new 1A (top teams at least) is basically the old 3A minus STA and plus AL so if anything, it got less competitive
3.The thread is 1A, not 1AA so your Century reference really has no meaning and has no effect on section 1A

Lourdes will be down next year, their really strong classes are this year's Seniors, and Sophomores. The class of 09 will have to carry the team these next few seasons and it sounds like that won't be enough to straightout win this section easily in the 07-08 season.

Have a nice day 8)
All Swedish, no Finish
Whats Hannenin

Post by Whats Hannenin »

[quote="HShockey2180"]
Lourdes will be down next year, their really strong classes are this year's Seniors, and Sophomores. The class of 09 will have to carry the team these next few seasons and it sounds like that won't be enough to straightout win this section easily in the 07-08 season.

I Agree!

They will have a few D and one line. Scudamore their goalie is going to have to help them out.
Puckhandler

Post by Puckhandler »

2.The new 1A (top teams at least) is basically the old 3A minus STA and plus AL so if anything, it got less competitive
1. Three fourths of the teams in every state tournament win a game.

2. Mankato West, Faribualt, Albert Lea and New Prague were not in 3A and will be a part of the "top teams". The only teams from 3A now in 1A are Lourdes, Northfield and Red Wing.

Your facts are weak.
ballernation

Post by ballernation »

[quote="futureeagle"]I dont get how you can sya that section 1 ia a terrible section we are getting these good teams and we have won a game at state the last 3/4 yrs and our section 1aa team just placed third at the state tourney so there must be something wrong with you ohh yeah and our great 8 team just got 3rd at the tournament.[/quote]

We are talking about Lourdes, not Century or the Great 8.
Super Fan

Post by Super Fan »

Albert Lea will win Section 1A. Here is why: We have a majority have our team coming back except for the 8 seniors that are graduating. We have a solid goalie in Ben Waalkens, 7 juniors that will be seniors for the upcoming season and we also have a lot of upcoming sophmores that will be juniors for this season. The main reasons are coaching in Roy Nystrom and his staff and the fact that we have represented Section 1A in state 3 out of the last 4 years.
HShockey2180

Post by HShockey2180 »

Puckhandler wrote:
1. Three fourths of the teams in every state tournament win a game.

2. Mankato West, Faribualt, Albert Lea and New Prague were not in 3A and will be a part of the "top teams". The only teams from 3A now in 1A are Lourdes, Northfield and Red Wing.

Your facts are weak.
1. That is exactly my point, referring to futureeagle when he said section 1A teams have won a game at state the last 3/4 years, my point was that 3/4 of the teams at state win a game, so that is not an impressive statistic. Thank you for further proving my point puckhandler.
2. Lourdes beat AL 4-2 last season, and AL was the strongest team out of last years 1A therefore AL may pose the biggest threat to Lourdes out of the teams of the old section 1A. Lourdes, Northfield, Redwing, and AL will be the top teams in the section. How many top teams are you suggesting? 7? So then I can assume you believe section 1A will be one of the strongest sections next year? Because that is what your facts lead to. I can't see 7 equivalent teams in any section.
All Swedish, no Finish
davey

Post by davey »

Super Fan wrote:Albert Lea will win Section 1A. Here is why: We have a majority have our team coming back except for the 8 seniors that are graduating. We have a solid goalie in Ben Waalkens, 7 juniors that will be seniors for the upcoming season and we also have a lot of upcoming sophmores that will be juniors for this season. The main reasons are coaching in Roy Nystrom and his staff and the fact that we have represented Section 1A in state 3 out of the last 4 years.
Superdork. Al will not win the section next year guaranteed
nutsbouthockey10

Post by nutsbouthockey10 »

northfield only losing 3 players, returning top 3 lines and solid pair of d men {lose pumper} and a goalie, throw them in the mix there going to make some noise