next years teams

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

iblade06

next years teams

Post by iblade06 »

bout time we put a new one in, what teams will be hot next year, and the players on them that will make them good. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... blade06</A> at: 3/24/06 3:11 pm<br></i>
Eagleshockey09

Re: next years teams

Post by Eagleshockey09 »

EP will be solid again next year....they return a couple of their top players and they will also get some good players off the JV team...and they will get the B goalie who will be great for the team as well <p></p><i></i>
CDraiderfan4life

Post by CDraiderfan4life »

who can i talk to about joining a team for next year? <p></p><i></i>
Bear17

Post by Bear17 »

Where do you live? Contact your local hockey association. <p></p><i></i>
troll21

Post by troll21 »

Edina will be strong. A lot of seniors wil be cut to make room for the incoming sophmores. <p></p><i></i>
duluthjgold

Post by duluthjgold »

Duluth is returning the majority of its players including its goalie, They have 8 returning skaters as well as a bunch of guys that arent trying out for Duluth East High school
WBJG-4-life

Post by WBJG-4-life »

Pretty sure WBL, will sweep house. No big deal.
BigPoppaPun

Post by BigPoppaPun »

The Jags have a young team this year, and with Wes they could be lethal
osgood2006

Post by osgood2006 »

im not convinced jefferson will be so lethal against wb, edina, wayzata. one man from varsity cannot own a league jr gold or not.
bvillejgold4life

Post by bvillejgold4life »

if this wes kid is so unreal how come i have never heard his name from batams? has anyone besides jeff boys heard of him? and if he is as good as everyone is takling him up to be how come hes not on the jv roster til hes heathly enough to play var?
WBLJGADYNASTY18

talked up jefferson kid...

Post by WBLJGADYNASTY18 »

yeah i have never even heard of this kid until now... and even if he is as good as his teammates say he his, that still wont bring jefferson to state. theyre going to need a lot more than one talked up player to make their team a top state championship contender.
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

Blaine should have a real good jr.gold team next year unless they get new coaches. From what I heard, this year there were some kids on JV that could have been quality Varsity players, and kids on Junior Gold that could have been quality JV players. Seems like politics come in to play even after youth hockey. But im sure Blaine is not the only school where this is happening.
puckhead77

Post by puckhead77 »

You're absolutely right about politics in hockey. However, I don't remember seeing too many good skaters on Blaine's Jr Gold A team this year...
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

They werent very good this year. But they have a strong bantam program coming up, A bantam were good, B1 bantams took 5th in state. Wayzata will continue to dominate Junior Gold. Their A bantams were in state,B1 bantams, A pewees, and both b1 pewee teams. Eden Prairie will also be very good.
puckhead77

Post by puckhead77 »

Wayzata has proven to be one of the top teams year after year in Jr Gold A. They are always in it right to the end if they're not winning it all. I don't understand why their Varsity team sucks year after year. You would think with all the success their Jr. Gold program has, their Varsity team would reflect that too. Can someone from Wayzata explain this to me?

Look at teams like Edina and EP, both Varsity and Jr. Gold are good.
JGAALUM1

Post by JGAALUM1 »

The Wayzata Varsity team sucks year after year because they continue to have a idiot as a coach...its the only reason I can think of. Wayzata JGA, Peewee A, and Peewee B all won state and 4 other youth teams were among them in state including JGB Bantam A and B and another peewee b team. Varsity coach has tons of potential and talent but cannot win with it? He has a reputation of cutting upperclassmen to make room for younger potential. But then he cuts them when they get older too?? Hes just not a good coach at all...thats it and thats all
theoneandonly1

Post by theoneandonly1 »

what is this Wes kid's last name, from jefferson?
countrygentleman

Post by countrygentleman »

JGAALUM1 wrote:The Wayzata Varsity team sucks year after year because they continue to have a idiot as a coach...its the only reason I can think of. Wayzata JGA, Peewee A, and Peewee B all won state and 4 other youth teams were among them in state including JGB Bantam A and B and another peewee b team. Varsity coach has tons of potential and talent but cannot win with it? He has a reputation of cutting upperclassmen to make room for younger potential. But then he cuts them when they get older too?? Hes just not a good coach at all...thats it and thats all
Same thing for EP. Coach doesn't really know what he is doing. Especially true is that part about cutting upperclassmen and letting underclass men "rebuild". Then he cuts the "rebuilders" and the team sucks. :lol:
Iraqnam
wayalltheway

Post by wayalltheway »

wayzata's varsity coach is a screw up. weve had players like blake wheeler who now plays for the gophers ryan weihrs who left to play juniors tony lucia who plays for the gophers joe miller who plays juniors all are amazing players yet we lose them all early in their highschool career due to coaching. most of our jr gold team that just won state well not most but atleast 5-6 could play varsity and were asked to just choose not to. personally jr gold is a lot more fun and you get to play more. plus our jr gold a coaches sammy and ted are definitly top 3 in state for coaching... just like to say dont look for wayzata varsity having any above 500 seasons anytime soon
NORTHERNBEAVER

Post by NORTHERNBEAVER »

i bet wayzata has a + 500 win percentage next year, and maybe the year after that(our sophmore class right now sucks) but for sure the next year when the bantam a's will be well versed in highschool hockey, and we will have ssome of the pewee a state champions.
2007 JGA CHAMPS
Hockey09

Post by Hockey09 »

anoka will probably be PLEASE BAN ME again, even know the team is almost all seniors hah and dont know if there is a goalie =\