Gopher Hockey Recruiting

Finn70

Get real

Post by Finn70 »

How can anybody say the Gophers are really missing out on anything with the two classes they have coming in for 2005 and 2006? That's not to say Rau and some of those others are not good players but Lucia has recruited another top rated class for next year (Red Line Report had them at #3 overall and they could vault to the best class if they land Kessel) and they already have the early lead for the best class for 2006 with elite players like Erik Johnson, Kyle Okposo and Peter Mueller. The way a few bozos on here act, you would think the Gophers have 50 scholarships to offer. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... >Finn70</A> at: 2/15/05 11:09 pm<br></i>
fresh26

Dahl's Head

Post by fresh26 »

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://miva.sctimes.com/miva/cgi-bin/mi ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
MNPuckster27

Gopher Recruits

Post by MNPuckster27 »

Its tough to say The Gophers missed out on Lee and Oshie, they play in UND's territory. You can't really complain about the class they have coming in with Frazee, Wheeler, Anderson, Stoa, Mueller, and possible others like Kessel and other seniors this year that are considered top recruits nationally like Robby Dee and Drew Fisher among others. <p></p><i></i>
lcguy

Re: Gopher Recruits

Post by lcguy »

Considering the 2 titles in the last 3 years, I would say they haven't missed out on anybody. It's way to early to gauge any of these players. If I had a dollar for every HS star that flopped in the WCHA, I'd be breakin' ground in the back yard for that olympic size swimming pool I so richly deserve. <p></p><i></i>
ranger62

Niskanen

Post by ranger62 »

Lucia and Guentzel wanted Niskanen to play juniors instead of his senior year of HS. The big mistake was when they told him he wasn't good enough to be a Gopher coming straight out of HS. Sandelin wasn't that cocky so Niskanen will be a Bulldog. <p></p><i></i>
Cool Guy1

Re: Niskanen

Post by Cool Guy1 »

Still talking about this Gopher garbage.<br>Kessel is stayin home in Wisconsin, to prove that our badgers have homegrown talent that is better then Minnesota's. <p></p><i></i>
slappy11

homegrown

Post by slappy11 »

i guess that would be why Eaves recruited McBAin(a MN kid) so hard?! <p></p><i></i>
lcguy

Re: Niskanen

Post by lcguy »

How stupid is the comment about wisconsin's homegrown talent being better than Minnesota. We're all dumber for having read such garbage. In the past/present/future wisconsin has NEVER & will NEVER come close to the talent level of Minnesota. Past - take a long hard look at the 1980 olympic team cool one, loaded with minnesotans. The last title wisconsin won was because they were led by minnesotans on the roster (ranheim, sagassor, hill) remember? It would be great to see wisconsin fill their roster will ALL badgerland kids, I can smell the homebrew from here. Limburger would be like channel number 5 when compared. <p></p><i></i>
wcha fan

minn kids

Post by wcha fan »

he gophers would love to be able to recruit every great player that came out of minnesota but in reality it is not possible. Many of the kids they have lost have been on a recruiting visit to the U and saw what they had to offer. Not all want to go to a large school and live in a city. Smaller schools also have some appeal and kids like Lee-Oshie may want to play close to home. Some want to go and play at a school far away. Every kid is different but don't think the gophers don't even try to get some of these kids. <p></p><i></i>
Finn70

Re: minn kids

Post by Finn70 »

The Gophers "recruit" a lot of kids. But it is a whole different ball game when it comes to actually offering a scholarship. Sending out letters, talking to a kid and watching him play a few games may be considered "trying" by the likes of WCHA Fan. The Gophers likely do that stuff for 20 to 30 kids a year so that isn't an exclusive club and the Gophers certainly aren't going to offer that many kids. <br><br>"Trying" is offering something tangible. <p></p><i></i>