Gopher Hockey Recruiting

newSPUDfan

Re: Kessel

Post by newSPUDfan »

So Kessel has ruled out Michigan?!?! That is good. Now we just need him to cross the St. Croix and wear the maroon and gold! <p></p><i></i>
Sparlimb

Re: Kessel

Post by Sparlimb »

As far as anyone really knows, Kessell hasn't ruled anyone out. Some are still convinced he's going to Boston University. So who knows. He has his pick of programs and won't be around more then one or two years. He'd be a great pickup for the Gophers, but they'll be good without him also. So we'll just wait and see. <p></p><i></i>
SkoalApple

Re: frazee

Post by SkoalApple »

frazee will be the biggest recruit for next year if briggs plays the way he is playing now come next season. at first i thought he might not get much ice next season, now i could see him playing every other game. <p></p><i></i>
grantdavis07

Re: frazee

Post by grantdavis07 »

Recruit more kids from the NW part of the state? I don't see the fighting Sioux tearing it up this year and they tend to recruit that part of the state very heavy. The 2 Gopher freshman from sec7 are doing just fine. I think any college coach in the country would give his eye teeth for Goligoski. Regardless of how the TC faithful weigh in on the subject Goligoski is a better overall prospect than Hagemo. Let us look back 5 years from now and then see. Goligoski is a fantastic Hockey player. I wish the Gophers would have landed Niskanen (sp?) another great defensmen from Sec7. Can't win them all. <p></p><i></i>
juniorhockey

Who cares what part of the state

Post by juniorhockey »

Who really cares what part of the State they recruit in? The biggest thing should be to STAY in State instead of getting guys like Briggs.<br><br>The Bad: The Gophers have their youngest team in years. They got hot and have cooled off. <br><br>The Good: Lucia seems to be the master at getting them to peak come playoffs. Despite them being young, nearly everyone on the team is a draft pick. Seriously, you think SCSU wouldn't die for some of that talent. <p></p><i></i>
rcla2151

Re: who cares

Post by rcla2151 »

The Gophers do have a young team, Briggs is also still young(So.) I wouldn't expect Frazze(sp) to just step up and be a top D1 goalie off the bat, he wont get the full starting job till his junior year. As for Briggs himself, he wasn't a bad recruit, hes a heck of a goalie as he proved earlier in the year and throughout his career at Sioux falls. He is going through rough times right now same with Johnson(seems like all of Johnson's career at the U has been a struggle), so why not give the Solie kid a try? <p></p><i></i>
6AAbreeze

Re: gophs

Post by 6AAbreeze »

Awesome, I didn't know that Okoposo had ben recruited, Mueller will be great, I don't know how he will hold up acedemically though...<br><br>Off topic what is Ryan Thang up to, is he sticking with juniors? <p></p><i></i>
slapshotbg

Re: gophs

Post by slapshotbg »

I really want to see frazee make a difference right of the bat. I know he can, it's just if he gets the chance. <p></p><i></i>
rcla2151

Re: Gopher Hockey Recruiting

Post by rcla2151 »

don't get me wrong, Frazze(sp) is a great goalie, he certainly can make a difference, but this spot is Briggs to lose, plus it is pretty tough to step up in one of if not the most demanding positions in all of college hockey(personal opinion) especially at the U where we seem to always rip on the goalie no matter how good they do. Thats a lot of pressure to handle, and huge expectations on a incoming freshman. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... cla2151</A> at: 2/15/05 3:07 am<br></i>
Rocketwrister

jimmylewis

Post by Rocketwrister »

Do you know of any links to the St Cloud papers with letters from people wanting Craig Dahl's head? Or are there too many to name? Just interested in reading some of them.<br><br>Thanks. <p></p><i></i>
slapshotbg

rcla

Post by slapshotbg »

I agree with you about briggs and that is what I was kind of getting at in my post. Although it might sound crazy, I really do feel Frazee will be able to come in and make a little impact right away. <p></p><i></i>
BabyBlueFan4Life

Gophers

Post by BabyBlueFan4Life »

I have to disagree with getting all in state players. Briggs has been a pretty solid goalie and Potulny is the leading scorer on the team. Kessell would be another great out of stater.<br><br>6AA Breeze: I am not sure what you meant with your Ryan Thang question, but I believe he is playing one more year of juniors and then heading to Notre Dame. <p></p><i></i>
Cool Guy1

Re: Gophers

Post by Cool Guy1 »

Cant you find another place to talk about all this goofer crap. Maybe you should try have your own website, where you can all wine about your team. O yeah, you had a website and it failed. This site is about Minnesota High School hockey. <p></p><i></i>
starsalum

Post by starsalum »

nope, not very cool at all <p>Spittin truf since 85</p><i></i>
hp

Post by hp »

This thread has to do with past highschool hockey players so it still has some relevence to the board. if you dont like the gophs dont read the posts coolguy. <p></p><i></i>
jimmylewis

St. Cloud Times / Dahl

Post by jimmylewis »

Sorry, but I went and looked at the Times web site, but I couldn't find anything on the editorial pages. (I don't read the web stuff, I get the paper every morning.) Usually in the Sunday editions there are a couple of letters from fans saying that they need to fire Dahl. Personally, I don't know if that's the real problem. I mean, SCSU has to try to recruit talent into the NHC (National Hockey Center) which is probably one of the worst arenas in the WCHA, and maybe one of the worst in D1 hockey. I don't know what will fix their problem, but it's definately not bringing in the top players like it did at one time. They have some good freshmen and a couple of good sophomores, so maybe they'll do better in the next couple of years.<br><br>Gopher fan in St. Cloud... there are a lot of us!!<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
6AAbreeze

baby blue fan

Post by 6AAbreeze »

My question was if he was going to play jr's next year, and you answered it. <p></p><i></i>
minnhockfan22

Re: jimmylewis

Post by minnhockfan22 »

Have you ever been to a D-1 arena besides Marriuicci and the NHC. Obviously Marriuicci and the Ralph are far better arenas then the NHC. But IMO, the NHC better then any other D-1 arena in state besides Marriucci. The NHC is also better then almost all of the arenas out east. So using the arena as an excuse to why the team is doing poorly is definetly not going to work. <p></p><i></i>
backcheck

gophers

Post by backcheck »

Anybody know why the Gophers didn't lockup Chad Rau? He is going to CC, and at last glance was leading the USHL in goals. <p></p><i></i>
Ibleedgreen

re: jimmylewis

Post by Ibleedgreen »

the nhc is not the problem. dahl is the problem.......the guy is an idiot........look at his recruits......he'll never steal a top player from any real hockey coach cause they know what they are doing........the few players he has you can chalk up to dumb luck or other problems which kept them from going to better programs...besides the school is a joke <p></p><i></i>
minnhockfan22

Re: re: jimmylewis

Post by minnhockfan22 »

The bigtime recruits (hartigan malone arnason) he landed in the past were mostly recruited by an asst. coach who isnt there anymore. Also scsu is not a joke of a school, its business school is quite good. <p></p><i></i>
bluejays2003

gophers

Post by bluejays2003 »

whats muellers first name <p></p><i></i>
Puck Distributer

WCHA misses

Post by Puck Distributer »

The Gophers missed out on these 6 Minnesota players to other WCHA schools and it will come back to haunt them.<br><br>Tom Gorowsky-Wisconsin<br>Brian Lee-North Dakota<br>TJ Oshie-North Dakota<br>Taylor Chorney-North Dakota<br>Chad Rau-Colorado College<br>Nate Prosser-Colorado College<br><br>Some of these kids are 2005 commits and some are 2006 commits.<br> <p></p><i></i>
HockeyMan05

Re: WCHA misses

Post by HockeyMan05 »

add Brian Connelly to the list...hes going to CC also <p></p><i></i>
Hot Ice 7

Re: WCHA misses

Post by Hot Ice 7 »

Not every good player from Minnesota can play for the Gophers. There are 206 D1 players from MN this year. The Gophs are doing just fine with recruiting, don't worry. <p></p><i></i>