Squirt A & B Tournament of Champions (NOT)

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Johnsonpres

Post by Johnsonpres »

Old Goalie85,
You forgot to mention the "B" Bantams going to state this year. We have 16 bantams total for the program so yo say they should go "A", Pee Wee's have 32 total they should go "A" and the Squirts have 35 total, 12 for what your saying should be "A" and two "C" teams 12 and 11 each. If you think this highly that are kids should all be "A" we must do one hell of a job, Maybe we will be the next Minnesota Made (Sarcasim). See how ridiculous this bashing is. If you look at the overall picture we are not your problem the assocations that insist on having mulitiple "B" teams and pick them evenly might have alot to do with it.
After all this the thread is suppose to be about the tournament of champions started by Isepalms. All the Champions that are there are very good teams and probably would have cleaned up on us but we will never know because they are playing Runner-up teams which also could probably beat this lowly inter-city team that now is 36-0-1, can't count out of state victories. With all of your posts I thought you might be some what objective but not knowing where your from I have to presume you are from one of the suburbs areas with multiple teams at all levels. No one said a word last year when we were 22-8-6.
NE14HKY

Post by NE14HKY »

OG85 is pretty outgoing from where he is
from...

As far as the OP, I can't comment because
our district wasn't included. :evil:
Johnsonpres

Post by Johnsonpres »

We played Lakeville North Red last night and won 6 to 3 in a hard fought playoff game. After the game I had a conversation with the Coachs from Lakeville and told them about the posts on here and they said it is ridiculous that we are a for sure "B" team in their eyes. They have played us three times.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Johnson Pres- If you had a single A team maybe the families that left w/multiple kids to FL/Tarten would have stayed. I do have perspective on this. When I played youth hockey in FL we only had B teams. When we got to varsity we played all the Anoka/Columbia Heights/Coon teams A kids. It did us no good to go undefeated or get beat by only Cennt.[Who also only went B] Just my opinion bud. No offense.
Johnsonpres

Post by Johnsonpres »

Old goalie85,
Thanks for the comments, most of the families that left were not because of "A" teams but because they didn't pay their bills. Some seem to think hockey is free when you go out to the local establishment and see them spending money hand over fist on partying and not paying their ice that is a problem. Some of these same people end up sending their children to private schools and never payed the organization a dime.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Not good. I hope the best for a program like Johnson. The guy that started the Forest Lake program is a former Govie.[Doug Peltier] so we all grew up "scrimmaging" Johnson teams that crushed us. Good luck.
Johnsonpres

Post by Johnsonpres »

I played against Doug in the 100 years of hockey at Johnson in December, He can still play unfortunatley for his brother Bobby which played with me at Johnson broke his hip at the very end of the game.
Thank You for the well wishes.
iseepalms

Post by iseepalms »

I see they had more problems with the Tournament Of Champions, District 10 isn't sending there 1st and 2nd place teams but there 3rd and 4th place teams(Princeton and Chisago Lakes). The two Andover teams must have declined because they were in the playoff final game. Maybe the tournament director should have rethought the tournament and included the champions from district 2 and 8.
gaoliefan

Post by gaoliefan »

iseepalms wrote:This is exactly what was expected. Thank You all for your time, never to post again.
ummmmm?