Mounds View is likely looking for a new coach

husky5

Re: Mounds View is likely looking for a new coach

Post by husky5 »

Lightthelamp,<br><br> They are not embarrassed because they are gutless and hide behind the Adminstration door. Nick was never allowed to be in the room with the AD and PO parents so he could give his side of the truth, point by point. I think all coaches should go through due process like the rest of society. They must not teach that there. Parents should 1st see coach and staff if there is a complaint. If it isn't handled to parent's satisfaction, then bring in the coach, AD and parent into the office to address whatever the issue may be. To let parents band together and tell lies and half-truths without giving the coach a chance to respond is ludicrious. <br>Nick is a good coach. It isn't his fault that he has been unfortunate in having a goalie that couldn't stop a beach ball shot from the red line. His teams always are ready to play and try to outwork from start to finish. Chances are in the the losses they had, they outshot their opponent 2-1 or better. <p></p><i></i>
OFFSIDES GUY

Post by OFFSIDES GUY »

sport321 concerning your 1st post. Before you dismiss " disgruntled ex coaches" for caring about how people in their profession get treated- I suggest you pull your face off the glass from your peewees fall league game and relax. Quit analyzing his power play and challenging the ref on offsides calls. You never heard a positive thing about Nitti- wow then you must take it as fact then huh? Way to think and analyze a situation for yourself. Ask around to his peers- WBL snapped him up in a second- and you'll see the respect Nitti garnered. Uninformed people like you are part of the problem certainly not the solution. <p></p><i></i>
Light The Lamp Guy

Post by Light The Lamp Guy »

appreciate the back up 'offsides guy". As a coach I think you can understand how ludicrous this has become. I'm not saying Coach Nitti was Scotty Bowman but I thought he did a great job with our teams and I know I'll always be indebted for the life lessons he taught. He kept getting better and more comfortable each year which I think is important. Gotta run but rest assured now that we know about this us past players are going to be heard. Count on it! <p></p><i></i>
JD0004

Post by JD0004 »

Don't know coach personally, but I think the fact that WBL offerred him a position says it all. MV will never be much of anything as a hockey program if they let good coaches go on the whim of parents. WBL has been a top 5 program for close to a decade and this guy is good enough for them? Good programs have stability and cohesiveness...something MV obviously doesn't have.<br><br>P.S.-You talk about all of this talent that MV has and how this coach dropped the ball....when was the last time a MV team at any level went to a state tournament? <p></p><i></i>
Dusey

Post by Dusey »

I watched the MV School Board Meeting this evening. Wow!<br>14 speakers in favor of Mr. Nitti - 100 people in the audience -<br>It was emotional. Football coaches were there - Hockey coaches from other schools were there - Catch it live on cable TV - If anybody has any doubt about Nitti's support now, they're living in a cave. Many speakers stressed that the administration over there needs a serious kick in the ....<br>The are taking applications for a new coach - if you apply - watch out - after last night, you'd be better off trusting an Iraqi suicide bomber - <br><br>All State coaches (in all sports) beware of your Booster Club Rules. I hope MV isn't setting a precedant. <p></p><i></i>
twins

Mounds View is likely looking for a new coach

Post by twins »

shloppymcgee04<br><br>I bet that your parents were just like the parents that ousted Nitti.<br>Little shloppy mcgee was on one of the 3567 AAA hockey teams over the summer and he played AAA hockey his whole life(so that makes him an allstar). So that means he should play every game of his high school career on varsity. blah blah blah.<br>The way it sounds, is that you know nothing about the game and the ability to coach the sport. Before you start ripping on someone your parents didn't like. Look back at what you could of done yourself to be a better hockey player.<br>Nitti is a great coach as well as a great person <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... s>twins</A> at: 8/10/05 1:24 pm<br></i>
RLStars

Very Interesting

Post by RLStars »

I find it very interesting to see the number of new users to this site that are posting on this topic. <br> <p></p><i></i>
backofnet

Post by backofnet »

Is Nitti still at Mounds View at this point, and when did WBL offer him a job? <p></p><i></i>
Hockeybutt

Post by Hockeybutt »

The job has not yet been posted on the MSHSL web site. I dont know about the school district site. <br>If these parents had the power to throw Nick out , then who are they backing for the new coach, after all it sounds like they are calling the shots ! <p></p><i></i>
husky5

posting for job

Post by husky5 »

Hockeybutt,<br><br> It has been posted on the school web site. Looking for a Head Hockey coach at Moundsview HS. My guess is the youth development person is who they want? Joe Dziedziak and his friend McAlpine. The youth program paid Dziedziak $35,000, 200 hrs. at $175 per hour to be the development guy. This is just a guess, though. <p></p><i></i>
Dusey

Post by Dusey »

Joe D. & Chris Mc. are great guys and also intelligent enough to realize that the MV coaching job is only an interim job.<br><br>Right now, Joe D. is doing a fantastic job with the kids in his player development role. Kids and parents love him. <br><br>Surely some think he is overpaid, but the majority are extremely happy with him. It's probably just a matter of time before the MVYHA starts a feud with him as they have done with everyone else that doesn't play or train "little Johnny or Chrisy" up to their unsophisticated expectations. They have great hockey minds on that board in MV. More experience in grumbling than caring. <br><br>Once the MV School Board has a change of members, look for Nitti to return. There are some PO people out there, and they are working hard behind the scenes for Nick. <br><br>If you don't believe it, watch the re-runs of the August 9th School Board Meeting on cable TV. The bell that the board has set-up to limit the speakers to 3 minutes, well it's really used to wake up the school board members. <p></p><i></i>
markmybender

Post by markmybender »

Why anyone would coach at a public school is beyond me. Nitti was damned from the get go for the love of the game and not for the money. Moundview, or Mounds View, should look to Hill Murray for an excellent prototype of coach recruitment. If they want a good coach then you better be willing to pay him. It has been said his Hill-Murray package hedges towards the $100,000.00 mark. Quit complaining, belly up the dough and you too could have a winning team.<br><br><br>The only way HM got to keep their coach, and a good one from what I hear, was to make him the AD director. The only AD director in the whole state of Minnesota that coaches two varsity sports. ( Does anyone know why that may be?) The beauty, or beast of this set up, is if you have an issue with your son's varsity hockey or varsity baseball coach, the AD director is probably not gonna side with you and the issue dies quickly. Hill's coach may be from MV so why don't you just offer him the AD job, and head baseball coach job and just maybe he will make the necessary sacrifices and coach in his own backyard. <p></p><i></i>
Gphrhcky22

schloppy

Post by Gphrhcky22 »

Schloppy great use of the first rate MV education. Maybe your English teacher should lined up and run out for not teaching you how to spell like Nitti was for not making you a scholarship hockey player. That will never happen, teachers have unions and contracts so the standard is higher for coaches than teachers when it comes to achievement.<br><br>Open Enrollment is one of the culprit's here. The Centennial transfer's parents were a pain up there and are deeply involved here. Open enrollment has shortened every coaching tenure at schools with poortradition like MV. How do you break the cycle when the Hill coach lives in the MV school district? It is a tough job.<br><br>BSIII, I am with you 100%. The expectations of these parents are unrealistic. Look at last years teams. Football, hockey and baseball all underachieved. Is that all coaching? I doubt it. Maybe these spolied rich kids don't have the work ethic to compete at the highest level. Same reason Stillwater and Woodbury and other affluent areas are terrible in hockey. Maybe some of the blame belongs to the players. Soemtimes it is your fault and not the fault of the coaches or referees. That is the nature of athletics. <br><br>I know he loves to coach and work with the kids. Nick is a great guy and for his sake I hope he doesn't get his job back at MV. I feel he deserves better.<br> <p></p><i></i>
OFFSIDES GUY

Re: NITTI

Post by OFFSIDES GUY »

Nick deserves better and will be fine. The coaches association caught wind of this and is planning support measures for him. I understand they were at the School Board meeting and were outstanding. More to follow from the coaches stay tuned. <p></p><i></i>
Light The Lamp Guy

Re: NITTI

Post by Light The Lamp Guy »

I attended the School Board meeting the other night with <br>some players. It was awesome. The crowd was spilled out in to the hall out the front door.They had Football coaches, H.S. Hockey coaches, youth coaches, players, community members all talk. They laid it out perfectly. I have to believe they'll start to consider reversing themselves after this. They had no answer to any of it. Their look on their faces told the story- they screwed up big time. <br> <p></p><i></i>
Dusey

Post by Dusey »

I can't find the latest MV school board meeting on local cable.<br><br>Anybody out there know what's cookin! I keep seeing the July meeting, but not the August meeting.<br><br>I guess I need to be educated on what "Public Access TV" really means.<br><br>Or maybe "Vladimir Putin" has been hired to control the MV<br>public access channel.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
coachesunion

great News

Post by coachesunion »

Great news for the northern suburbs, with the Mustang hockey players unsupervised for two months theres sure to be a drug war and prices will drop.<br><br>What happened to the St. Cloud Cathedral coach, heard he had some hockey Bozo's run him out. <br><br>Any chance parents will grow up or can we expect this to get worse. <p></p><i></i>
BSIII

Re: great News

Post by BSIII »

This so called "divide" in the hockey community has been threatening the community since 1954, when the school opened. I'll tell you what is threatening - Todd Bertuzzi - <br>not a hockey coach that has done nothing but grown the program for 5 years. Ask the players what they're threatened by, probably the fact that Nick won't be back and they get to start from square one. I will support the next guy and give him every benefit of the doubt. He also has my sympathy because of what he is walking into. Next coach, all I ask is that you maintain the same standards for the players, as Nick and his staff did, both on and off the ice. A bit of advice for the next guy, don't throw away the "help wanted" ads. You're going to need them sooner or later in this hockey hotbed community. You get my drift. <p></p><i></i>
Dusey

Post by Dusey »

Thanks BSIII for the tip on that Web Site:<br><br>www.friendsofcoaches.com<br><br>Very interesting reading - I sent them my E-mail address and<br>they are keeping me posted on any developments.<br><br>Their latest E-mail talked about the minor things that were used to not renew Nick's contract.<br><br>Coaches - statewide - logon to this Web Site and give Nick all the support you can.<br><br>I hope they keep that Web Site going and even expand on it. <p></p><i></i>
Reggie Dunlap

Post by Reggie Dunlap »

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Great news for the northern suburbs, with the Mustang hockey players unsupervised for two months theres sure to be a drug war and prices will drop.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>What an obnoxious, moronic comment. What "supervision" was Nick providing in the off-season? Weekly meetings? Curfew checks & tuck players into bed? Random drug testing? Nick didn't get his contract renewed and everything is going to go to hell in a handbasket? <br><br>Like I wrote earlier, I don't know the guy, but I feel bad that he lost his position because the AD & school board were jellyfish. But your not helping him w/ ridiculous comments like that. In fact you lose a lot of credibilty by making them. I sincerely hope that you are not a position of power with some coaches union or association, I wouldn't want you speaking for me. <p></p><i></i>
Kodiak

Hello

Post by Kodiak »

We have so far heard JACK SQUAT about the reasons that Coach Nitti was not brought back. A couple of non-credible ramblings about this and that, but does anyone who has anything to do with Nitti's "letting go" have the guts to come out and defend themselves? A couple of disgruntled former players who either weren't good enough, tough enough, hard working enough, or just didn't have the right attitude (believe it or not talent is a very small part of hockey) have been completely shot down in this thread. Is there anybody with credibility who can come out and say why this was the right decision for Mounds View hockey? Somebody needs to defend this decision! <p></p><i></i>
Dusey

Post by Dusey »

Reggie is probably right, but don't take it to heart Coachesunion - we can all see that you are frustrated and venting - Actually I have seen some pretty good posts from you previously - leads me to believe that you are probably not a bad guy - but do you know anything about hockey?<br><br>Reggie - I don't think the "GOV" vetoed that bill that you referred to some time ago. I'm pretty sure it commences on<br>Oct 1, 2005. Correct me if I am wrong. I like the way it reads.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
BSIII

Post by BSIII »

Kodiak - I pretty much gave myself away in an earlier post - and I know the exact reasons why Nick was not renewed.<br>I have been fighting like mad trying to convince the School Board that they backed the administration in error. It is one huge headache over here in MV. School Board won't respond, won't even replay the last School Board meeting on Cable TV, cause they got tongue-lashed so bad. Nothing defamitory, but certainly accusitory - when you're in a fish-bowl - it goes with the territory - . However, it could have been prevented if one of the seven, and I don't mean "Magnificent Seven", had broken the "Code of Silence" and blew the whistle. School board doesn't have a clue. The Ghosts that started this are still hiding-out in some cave. A bit timid, they are. If you are really interested and not just playing dumb - I'll fill you in if you E-mail me at info@friendsofcoaches.com. - It is far from over - I am running as a "write-in" for MV School Board, so maybe this format will help me get a few votes. Hope to make a difference on this issue and others if I get elected. I have values and expect those whom I elect to have values. <br> <p></p><i></i>
carpenter guy

Post by carpenter guy »

From a very reliable source. Coach Nitti and the AD are very good friends. There is more to this story then meets the eye. Sadly, some parents have nothing better to do. However, Nitti also needs to take some ownership. It's my understanding that this stems from a "Bunch" of money that the parents gave to the coach. Supposedly how he used it was the basis for the complaints.<br><br>Administrators are always going to get ripped but their job is terribly difficult. Dealing with unruly parents, kids and even coaches can be daunting. <p></p><i></i>
SexWax

Post by SexWax »

You people want facts, here's a little to wet your taste buds:<br><br>20 hours of unused VARSITY ice (a portion of it due to captains complaining that they didn't have legs to skate that day which coaches gave into) while JV team is driving to Oscar Johnson to skate for a measly hour when they could've used the Varsity's 2.5 hours of ice time<br><br>2 of the unused practices were due to coaches scheduling mistakes which most can understand (which is documented in blue line minutes of his own admittance) all have given grace to the mistake equaling 5 hours of no practice but the additional 15 not used???<br><br>Again folks we are talking varsity level hockey AND varsity leveling coaching<br><br>There's plenty more where this came from but we'll leave it at that and let's just say the board isn't stupid and they certainly know their legal bounds -- I would say pretty smart to keep their mouths shut.<br><br>When decisions are made properly and justifiably, it doesn't need an announcement. It means they are very secure with the facts presented and the conclusion of their decision.<br><br>Side note, BSIII, perhaps "B. Stevens", doesn't even have a kid in any hockey program -- so believe what you want coming from his posts. It's my understanding that he has a girlfriend with a kid that wants to start to play.<br><br>Talk about making sure there's a place for "little johnny"!<br><br>Again, seek the facts before talking smack! <p></p><i></i>