State A Quarterfinal: Little Falls vs [2] St. Thomas Academy

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

St. Thomas Academy
64%
Little Falls
36%

Total votes: 56

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

northern_guy wrote:i dont think people should be so hard on STA...LF needs to field a better team...they are not playing like a team that deserves to be there. if the state highschool league would create more parity in section assignments embarrassing games liek this would not happen...be happy fergus falls did not beat LF..the game would be 15-0 right now.
What? Little Falls is a good class A program... STA is the team that is playing out of their league.

:idea:
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

deacon wrote:
Master Recruiter wrote:way to go St Thomas!

no one cares!
You seem to care...
If posting three times in 16 minutes about something is not caring about it I wouldn't want to see a thread about something he does...
Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

northern_guy wrote:
Mite-dad wrote:OK bitter Cathedral man. We shall see.
would you admit LF plays in an extremely weak section? If cathedral and little falls were in the same section i think you would see little falls at the X one out of 10 years. i have read your idiotic kool aid drinking posts on here for the past few years...LF hockey is bad..face it.
If you force all the privates to AA then this is what you would get. Nothing more exiting than a State Tourney game between Little Falls (on a down year) vs New Ulm! Complain about the small crowds going to the A games now, you'd be able to move the tourney to Parade and not fill it up!

One class 16 team tourney!!!! If the small schools want to continue with an A tourney then move it up to Hibbing!
Master Recruiter

Post by Master Recruiter »

deacon wrote:
Master Recruiter wrote:way to go St Thomas!

no one cares!
You seem to care...
besides it being the state hockey tournament....no, not really. Just bored at work waiting for the next game.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

7 - Love

At least STA switched goaltenders...

8)
The Puck
LGW
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

This is ugly. Shurharmer is a stud. He's gonna be really good at next level. Nice to see STA getting their annual QF warmup game.
rainier

Post by rainier »

Goldy23 wrote:
northern_guy wrote:
would you admit LF plays in an extremely weak section? If cathedral and little falls were in the same section i think you would see little falls at the X one out of 10 years. i have read your idiotic kool aid drinking posts on here for the past few years...LF hockey is bad..face it.
If you force all the privates to AA then this is what you would get. Nothing more exiting than a State Tourney game between Little Falls (on a down year) vs New Ulm! Complain about the small crowds going to the A games now, you'd be able to move the tourney to Parade and not fill it up!

One class 16 team tourney!!!! If the small schools want to continue with an A tourney then move it up to Hibbing!
No, you would likely have Little Falls vs Mahtomedi, which would be a MUCH better game than this. Turn your TV off until tomorrow at 11 am and your living room won't be polluted by this JV hockey.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

Looks like the "Now is the time to force all Privates up to 'AA'" thread has traveled over here.. :lol:

8)
The Puck
LGW
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

PuckU126 wrote:Looks like the "Now is the time to force all Privates up to 'AA'" thread has traveled over here.. :lol:

8)
No kidding.

Could we try to contain it to one thread, please?
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

PuckU126 wrote:Looks like the "Now is the time to force all Privates up to 'AA'" thread has traveled over here.. :lol:

8)
If STA wins you better believe it will be every thread in the forum!
:shock:
DotaDangler

Post by DotaDangler »

I wonder how many people would be bitching if Hermantown was dominating Little Falls right now.
Imagine a world...with no Wisconsin
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

This is getting ugly. Maybe if STA runs it up the league will make them move up. :D
I can splash in the rink puddles!
Master Recruiter

Post by Master Recruiter »

DotaDangler wrote:I wonder how many people would be bitching if Hermantown was dominating Little Falls right now.
I don't think many people would have a problem with a legit SMALL TOWN team dominating another SMALL TOWN team
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

Just be glad Northern Guy doesnt run high school hockey, hes a bitter Cathedral guy who likes to trash everyones programs, once again hes doing it here.
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

Little Falls just continues to get tough draws in the opening round. Maybe if they could have gotten Breck or TRF it would be different?

Little Falls has a few good players. Tough to keep up with wave after wave of depth from a team like STA
defense

Post by defense »

northern_guy wrote:
Or maybe its a down year. Possibly a bad mathups
All small towns can't have elite teams every year. Heck 8aa and 7aa
together can't produce an elite team every year.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

PuckU126 wrote:
northern_guy wrote:i dont think people should be so hard on STA...LF needs to field a better team...they are not playing like a team that deserves to be there. if the state highschool league would create more parity in section assignments embarrassing games liek this would not happen...be happy fergus falls did not beat LF..the game would be 15-0 right now.
Watch the TRF, New Ulm game tonight.

You may say the same thing...

8)
Yeah, except the program with enrollment #'s 1/3 of the other will be on the winning end...
Roy01

Post by Roy01 »

thestickler07 wrote:

8)
If STA wins you better believe it will be every thread in the forum!
:shock:
I think you were looking for when they win.
8)
DotaDangler

Post by DotaDangler »

Master Recruiter wrote:
DotaDangler wrote:I wonder how many people would be bitching if Hermantown was dominating Little Falls right now.
I don't think many people would have a problem with a legit SMALL TOWN team dominating another SMALL TOWN team
Life aint fair, quit crying.
Imagine a world...with no Wisconsin
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

Master Recruiter wrote:
you think people on this bored wouldn't be crying? right.
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
DuluthMMA

Post by DuluthMMA »

I don't know if the student section makes me hate sta, but either or.... Man do I hate this team.......
HSH1212

Post by HSH1212 »

St. Thomas 7
Little Falls 0
Final
Shots 39-16 in favor of St. Thomas according to Minnesota Hockey Hub.
urban iceman

Post by urban iceman »

Even Tom Saterdalen said the sandbaggers should move up where they belong and quit filling the trophy case!!
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

Karl, you sure are devoted to have watched that one live. Did you take a nap at all? :wink:
I can splash in the rink puddles!
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

Hey St Thomas Traders...are you real proud of yourselves??? Why dont you grow some and move up AA where you belong.
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB