Psssst, don't look now, the USHL is watching you...

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Hockeywatcher123 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Hockeywatcher123 wrote: sta has a lot of talent. they should be a AA. all im saying is that the players that are on the list for sta desearve to be on it. i know that there are same good players from the north that should be on the list.
I have counted 32 good to very good class AA teams that have 7 combined..........And if like you say "SOME GOOD PLAYERS FROM THE NORTH DESERVE TO BE ON THE LIST' would'nt that probably drop down the numbers of STA players :shock: :shock: :shock:
look there are alot of players who should be on the list who are not. it is nothing to worry about. if you are a player you will get found no matter what. all im saying is we shouldnt take anything away from the kids who are on the list. they are all good players and desearve to be on it
Went full circle again!! :lol: Found no matter what? Did you understand what you just wrote? They have a major upper hand by being put on this list...
Hockeywatcher123

Post by Hockeywatcher123 »

MrBoDangles wrote:
Hockeywatcher123 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:I have counted 32 good to very good class AA teams that have 7 combined..........And if like you say "SOME GOOD PLAYERS FROM THE NORTH DESERVE TO BE ON THE LIST' would'nt that probably drop down the numbers of STA players :shock: :shock: :shock:
look there are alot of players who should be on the list who are not. it is nothing to worry about. if you are a player you will get found no matter what. all im saying is we shouldnt take anything away from the kids who are on the list. they are all good players and desearve to be on it
Went full circle again!! :lol: Found no matter what? Did you understand what you just wrote? They have a major upper hand by being put on this list...
yes they do but they desaerve to be on it... like i said
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Hockeywatcher123 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Hockeywatcher123 wrote: look there are alot of players who should be on the list who are not. it is nothing to worry about. if you are a player you will get found no matter what. all im saying is we shouldnt take anything away from the kids who are on the list. they are all good players and desearve to be on it
yes they do but they desaerve to be on it... like i said
Like the old saying goes..... You can't fix stupid!!!! :idea: :idea: :idea:
Papa Bergundy

Post by Papa Bergundy »

zZz... Oh I'm sorry, you're STILL talking about this?

You ought to put this one to rest before the rest of us fall asleep seeing you argue the same point for so long. We get it, STA cheats that's why all their players move on to the next level.
Stay Classy, Minnesota.
High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

Papa Bergundy wrote:zZz... Oh I'm sorry, you're STILL talking about this?

You ought to put this one to rest before the rest of us fall asleep seeing you argue the same point for so long. We get it, STA cheats that's why all their players move on to the next level.
I think BoDangs just likes aguring with him self. Thought it was really funny that he dug up this old post from March of this year, just to try and start up a agurement.

The thing is, I would love to debate "facts" with him regarding his "opinion", but everytime you ask him to do so, just more opinions that he can't support.

Sure wished he would go bat for those poor overlooked players from up north that the USHL has failed to identify, by at least pointing out to everyone on thread who they are and what they have "individually" accomplished to merit consideration. Got any names Bodangs??? What did they accomplish at the high school level, ie points, GAA, all conf., honorable mention? How did they do in advance 15,16 or 17 tryouts? How many were in the Elite League and how did they do??
Faceguard79

Post by Faceguard79 »

deleted
Last edited by Faceguard79 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

High Flyer wrote:

I think BoDangs just likes aguring with him self. Thought it was really funny that he dug up this old post from March of this year, just to try and start up a agurement.

The thing is, I would love to debate "facts" with him regarding his "opinion", but everytime you ask him to do so, just more opinions that he can't support.

Sure wished he would go bat for those poor overlooked players from up north that the USHL has failed to identify, by at least pointing out to everyone on thread who they are and what they have "individually" accomplished to merit consideration. Got any names Bodangs??? What did they accomplish at the high school level, ie points, GAA, all conf., honorable mention? How did they do in advance 15,16 or 17 tryouts? How many were in the Elite League and how did they do??
FACTS

1.13+ PLAYERS ON THREE USHL BIRTHYEAR LISTS (Pretty much everyone that gets ice time on the team)
2. More representation in one year than section 5AA
3. More representation in one year than section 7AA
4. Among other sections
5. MN had 5 USHL scouts last year...... 1 southern MN, 3 south metro,(including one from STA :idea: ) and only one from from northern MN
6. All the advanced team STA kids made the list, not the same story for advanced team kids from other schools
7. Could take a 7AA or 5AA all-star team and smoke class A STA every game :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: Better players?
8. STA didn't even win their class A section last year with all USHL listers
9. It's a joke that STA plays class A IF EVEN HALF of the players deserve to be on the list
10. The STA scout was a homer - You are not helping the cause

JUST THE FACTS FLYER
Last edited by MrBoDangles on Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

No one in this life gets pushed ahead of someone more qualified??? People in position never take advantage of their position?? It's a perfect world Papa :wink: .... Bored with it and then you comment?
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Faceguard79 wrote:
Doglover wrote:What's the matter BoDangles, your kid not on it?? Everyone else is :shock:
Yeah, my kids on the list, BoDangles not? What a loser!
Must be a STA kid... Sorry little buddy :cry:
High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

MrBoDangles wrote:
High Flyer wrote:

FACTS

1.13+ PLAYERS ON THREE USHL BIRTHYEAR LISTS (Pretty much everyone that gets ice time on the team)
4. Among other sections
5. MN had 5 USHL scouts last year...... 1 southern MN, 3 south metro,(including one from STA :idea: ) and only one from from northern MN
6. All the advanced team STA kids made the list, not the same story for advanced team kids from other schools
7. Could take a 7AA or 5AA all-star team and smoke class A STA every game :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: Better players?
9. It's a joke that STA plays class A IF EVEN HALF of the players deserve to be on the list

JUST THE FACTS FLYER
I'd like to pick this debate up in a week, after tryouts are complete, to see were the 94's on that USHL end up. I will answer your 1-10 then.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

High Flyer wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
High Flyer wrote: I think BoDangs just likes aguring with him self. Thought it was really funny that he dug up this old post from March of this year, just to try and start up a agurement.

FACTS

4. Among other sections

JUST THE FACTS FLYER
I'd like to pick this debate up in a week, after tryouts are complete, to see were the 94's on that USHL end up. I will answer your 1-10 then.
What could change in a week? :idea: :idea: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: Hang it up flyer.... You know it was messed up so there is no need for any more "debating"
High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

MrBoDangles wrote:
High Flyer wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote: FACTS

4. Among other sections

JUST THE FACTS FLYER
What could change in a week? :idea: :idea: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: Hang it up flyer.... You know it was messed up so there is no need for any more "debating"
no, mess up here, as there is slam duck comming your way, here's a preview:

1) whats your point? you don't thinks its possible for a private school in the twin cities, who draws from multi communities, to have 13 players over three birth years, that from a talent stand point could or should be on the USHL watch list? Diffinatly a possibility, not just at STA

2) See number 1 or provide the names of players who were left off and state thier accomplishments (this is just your opinion unless you can back it up with names)

3) See number 1 or provide name names of players who were left off and state thier accomplishments (this is just your opinion, unless u can back it up with names)

4) See number 1 or name names of players who were left off and state thier accomplishments (this is just opionion, unless you an back it up with names)

5) How many teams in the North? How many teams in the South? How many teams in the Metro? Which area has more teams to scout, therefore needs more scouts? (what to do a little leg work and back up you opinion with the actual facts?)

6) Can't answer this one yet, as I need to look it up, but now that you brought it up, which players were left off? Whats is it they have done that desirves consideration?

7) Are we talking birth year vs. birth year all star teams? List comming, unless you already done this? (more opinion unless you got some names and state thier accomplishments)

8) STA lost in sections, ran into hot goalie. Only proves that on any given day, any team can beat any team. Does not prove that there was a mistake made regarding USHL watch list of individual players/birth years. You seem to get caught up in comparing team play vs, indv. players/birth year. Thats was addressed last year when comarping Waroad vs STA (warroad did have any 94's, 93's and only a few 92)Lets stay on task here, can you take your ADD meds next time?

9) STA players, parents and coaches would love to play AA. School does not want to focus indv. sports, so its all sports to AA or all sports stay at A. Hockey at least schedules AA non conferences vs. top AA teams

10) every scout is a homer, as they come from somewhere, don't they?

So, only items that needs to be followed up on next week (when I got the time) is: #6 and #7. Want to get back to me with that information on those two "so called" facts that you present (until you names some names, point out there accompishments, its just opinion)

In over a year of this thread being discussed, you have yet to provide one single name of a 94, 93 or 92 that has been left off the USHL scouting list and stating why you think that player should be on there? Why is that?
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

High Flyer wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
High Flyer wrote: I'd like to pick this debate up in a week, after tryouts are complete, to see were the 94's on that USHL end up. I will answer your 1-10 then.
no, mess up here, as there is slam duck comming your way, here's a preview:

1) whats your point? you don't thinks its possible for a private school in the twin cities, who draws from multi communities, to have 13 players over three birth years, that from a talent stand point could or should be on the USHL watch list? Diffinatly a possibility, not just at STA

2) See number 1 or provide the names of players who were left off and state thier accomplishments (this is just your opinion unless you can back it up with names)

3) See number 1 or provide name names of players who were left off and state thier accomplishments (this is just your opinion, unless u can back it up with names)

4) See number 1 or name names of players who were left off and state thier accomplishments (this is just opionion, unless you an back it up with names)

5) How many teams in the North? How many teams in the South? How many teams in the Metro? Which area has more teams to scout, therefore needs more scouts? (what to do a little leg work and back up you opinion with the actual facts?)

6) Can't answer this one yet, as I need to look it up, but now that you brought it up, which players were left off? Whats is it they have done that desirves consideration?

7) Are we talking birth year vs. birth year all star teams? List comming, unless you already done this? (more opinion unless you got some names and state thier accomplishments)

8) STA lost in sections, ran into hot goalie. Only proves that on any given day, any team can beat any team. Does not prove that there was a mistake made regarding USHL watch list of individual players/birth years. You seem to get caught up in comparing team play vs, indv. players/birth year. Thats was addressed last year when comarping Waroad vs STA (warroad did have any 94's, 93's and only a few 92)Lets stay on task here, can you take your ADD meds next time?

9) STA players, parents and coaches would love to play AA. School does not want to focus indv. sports, so its all sports to AA or all sports stay at A. Hockey at least schedules AA non conferences vs. top AA teams

10) every scout is a homer, as they come from somewhere, don't they?

So, only items that needs to be followed up on next week (when I got the time) is: #6 and #7. Want to get back to me with that information on those two "so called" facts that you present (until you names some names, point out there accompishments, its just opinion)

In over a year of this thread being discussed, you have yet to provide one single name of a 94, 93 or 92 that has been left off the USHL scouting list and stating why you think that player should be on there? Why is that?
SLAM DUNK !!!! I knew you were a basketball player.... :lol:

Glad you agree the scout was a homer and helped move the STA players along
Mahtomedi tied you guys 4-4 a week before they slammed you 4-1 in sections :idea:
No way a STA team should have 13 and entire AA sections have way less... WAY LESS...
You will see less STA kids on the list now from our "debating"
You make a good tool.. :wink:
Papa Bergundy

Post by Papa Bergundy »

Here's some homework for both of you, since my only goal is to kill this topic.

You should research how many players off of these lists from earlier birth years actually play or are somewhat successful in the USHL and so on. Cause I mean it really wouldn't make much sense to argue restlessly over these lists if they didn't do much in the first place
Stay Classy, Minnesota.
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

boardguy1998 wrote:Hear is last years 92 list rated by the USHL scouts, make up your own mind how accurate they are.

4: Player is an absolute super star and there is no question he will play in the NHL.

3: Player will be an NHL draft pick and a top end player in Division 1 NCAA college.

2: Player is an outstanding player and will play NCAA Division 1 college hockey. Several of these players will also turn out to be NHL draft selections.

1: Player brings a talent or quality to the game, that may allow him to play NCAA Division 1 college hockey or be an NHL draft selection, and therefore must continue to be scouted.

DeCowsky Cal 1.5 Andover
Kuha Brandon 1.5 Andover
Ekman Jay 1.5 Andover MN
Ray Matt 1 Andover MN
Fisher Chris 1 Apple Valley
Robson Adam 1 Apple Valley
Meyers Jacob 1.5 Benilde St. Margaret's
Daly Patrick 1 Benilde St. Margaret's
Patterson Brett 1 Benilde St. Margaret's
Bjugstad Nick 2 Blaine
Richart Taylor 1.5 Blaine
Scheid Eric 1.5 Blaine
Pauluk Jeffrey 1 Blmgton Jefferson
Gaughin Joshua 1.5 Buffalo MN
Witchow Eddie 1.5 Burnsville
Flynn Jacob 1.5 Centennial
Hughes James 1 Centennial
Nash Vince 1.5 Champlin Park
Meyer Nolan 1.5 Duluth BA
Forbort Derek 3 Duluth East
Lutzka Kyle 1.5 Duluth East
Muck Danny 1.5 Eagan
Smith Max 1.5 Eastview
O'Shea Ryan 1.5 Eastview HS
Ford Andrew 1.5 Eden Prairie
Rau Curt 1.5 Eden Prairie
McCartan Jack 1 Eden Prairie
Rau Kyle 1 Eden Prairie
Rogge Mitch 1 Eden Prairie
Clark Jason 1 Eden Prarie
Cutshall Ryan 1.5 Edina
Jarrett David 1.5 Edina
Merritt AJ 1.5 Grand Rapids
Skrbec John 1.5 Grand Rapids
Hady Connor 1.5 Hermantown
Bannor Chad 1 Hermantown
Bruchu David 1.5 Hill Murray JV
Ablan Ryan 1 Holy Angels
Westerlund Joncarlo 1 Lake of the Woods
Johnson Nick 1.5 Lakeville North
Brevig Drew 1.5 Lakeville South
Leef Jackson 1 Lansing Capitals
Marshall Ben 2 Mahtomedi
Adams Charlie 1.5 Mahtomedi
Zurn Brandon 1 Mahtomedi
Campbell Matt 1.5 Mankato West
Norenberg Rick 1.5 Maple Grove
Horton Alec 1 Maple Grove
Wichelmann Chase 1 Minnehaha Academey
Gardiner Max 2 Minnetonka
Kruger Jim 2 Minnetonka
Buckellew Quin 1.5 Moorhead
Marks Logan 1.5 Moorhead
Lapic Darren 1.5 New Prague
Bonner Timothy 1.5 Osseo
McMorrow Kevin 2 Park Rapids MN
Mensing Josh 1.5 Red Wing
Knochenmus Adam 1.5 Roseau
Loew Brady 1 Rosemount
Debace Thomas 1 Roseville (MN)
Faulk Justin 1.5 South St. Paul
Wilcox Adam 1.5 South St. Paul
Koopmeiners Alex 1 St. Cloud Cathedral
Benik Joey 1.5 St. Francis
Rubbelke Joe 1 St. Paul Johnson
Liau Jonathan 1.5 St. Paul's
Crandall Justin 1.5 St. Thomas (MN)
Schroeder Zach 1.5 St. Thomas (MN)
Isackson Christian 3 St. Thomas Academy
Gavin Noah 2 St. Thomas Academy
Altrichter Kurt 1 St. Thomas Academy
Reid AJ 1 St. Thomas Academy
Krieger Carl 1.5 Tartan
O'Sullivan Casey 1.5 Tartan
Pavelich Sean 1.5 Tartan
McKee Jake 1 Tartan
Parnell Micheal 1.5 Totino Grace
Hockert Joey 1 Totino Grace
Higginbotham Alex 1.5 Wayzata
Jones DJ 1.5 Wayzata
Tabery Bryan 1.5 Wayzata
Jensen Tanner 1.5 Wayzata BA
Gaede Max 1.5 Woodbury
Gehert Jonathon 1.5 Woodbury
Herbert Andrew 1.5 Woodbury
Nowicki Tyler 1.5 Woodbury
How was Curt Rau ranked higher than Kyle Rau? Kyle will be able to go wherever he wants in Div 1 and, while still a very good player, Curt definitly won't quite have that luxury.
EP two out of three.
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

boardguy1998 wrote:Hear is last years 92 list rated by the USHL scouts, make up your own mind how accurate they are.

4: Player is an absolute super star and there is no question he will play in the NHL.

3: Player will be an NHL draft pick and a top end player in Division 1 NCAA college.

2: Player is an outstanding player and will play NCAA Division 1 college hockey. Several of these players will also turn out to be NHL draft selections.

1: Player brings a talent or quality to the game, that may allow him to play NCAA Division 1 college hockey or be an NHL draft selection, and therefore must continue to be scouted.

DeCowsky Cal 1.5 Andover
Kuha Brandon 1.5 Andover
Ekman Jay 1.5 Andover MN
Ray Matt 1 Andover MN
Fisher Chris 1 Apple Valley
Robson Adam 1 Apple Valley
Meyers Jacob 1.5 Benilde St. Margaret's
Daly Patrick 1 Benilde St. Margaret's
Patterson Brett 1 Benilde St. Margaret's
Bjugstad Nick 2 Blaine
Richart Taylor 1.5 Blaine
Scheid Eric 1.5 Blaine
Pauluk Jeffrey 1 Blmgton Jefferson
Gaughin Joshua 1.5 Buffalo MN
Witchow Eddie 1.5 Burnsville
Flynn Jacob 1.5 Centennial
Hughes James 1 Centennial
Nash Vince 1.5 Champlin Park
Meyer Nolan 1.5 Duluth BA
Forbort Derek 3 Duluth East
Lutzka Kyle 1.5 Duluth East
Muck Danny 1.5 Eagan
Smith Max 1.5 Eastview
O'Shea Ryan 1.5 Eastview HS
Ford Andrew 1.5 Eden Prairie
Rau Curt 1.5 Eden Prairie
McCartan Jack 1 Eden Prairie
Rau Kyle 1 Eden Prairie
Rogge Mitch 1 Eden Prairie
Clark Jason 1 Eden Prarie
Cutshall Ryan 1.5 Edina
Jarrett David 1.5 Edina
Merritt AJ 1.5 Grand Rapids
Skrbec John 1.5 Grand Rapids
Hady Connor 1.5 Hermantown
Bannor Chad 1 Hermantown
Bruchu David 1.5 Hill Murray JV
Ablan Ryan 1 Holy Angels
Westerlund Joncarlo 1 Lake of the Woods
Johnson Nick 1.5 Lakeville North
Brevig Drew 1.5 Lakeville South
Leef Jackson 1 Lansing Capitals
Marshall Ben 2 Mahtomedi
Adams Charlie 1.5 Mahtomedi
Zurn Brandon 1 Mahtomedi
Campbell Matt 1.5 Mankato West
Norenberg Rick 1.5 Maple Grove
Horton Alec 1 Maple Grove
Wichelmann Chase 1 Minnehaha Academey
Gardiner Max 2 Minnetonka
Kruger Jim 2 Minnetonka
Buckellew Quin 1.5 Moorhead
Marks Logan 1.5 Moorhead
Lapic Darren 1.5 New Prague
Bonner Timothy 1.5 Osseo
McMorrow Kevin 2 Park Rapids MN
Mensing Josh 1.5 Red Wing
Knochenmus Adam 1.5 Roseau
Loew Brady 1 Rosemount
Debace Thomas 1 Roseville (MN)
Faulk Justin 1.5 South St. Paul
Wilcox Adam 1.5 South St. Paul
Koopmeiners Alex 1 St. Cloud Cathedral
Benik Joey 1.5 St. Francis
Rubbelke Joe 1 St. Paul Johnson
Liau Jonathan 1.5 St. Paul's
Crandall Justin 1.5 St. Thomas (MN)
Schroeder Zach 1.5 St. Thomas (MN)
Isackson Christian 3 St. Thomas Academy
Gavin Noah 2 St. Thomas Academy
Altrichter Kurt 1 St. Thomas Academy
Reid AJ 1 St. Thomas Academy
Krieger Carl 1.5 Tartan
O'Sullivan Casey 1.5 Tartan
Pavelich Sean 1.5 Tartan
McKee Jake 1 Tartan
Parnell Micheal 1.5 Totino Grace
Hockert Joey 1 Totino Grace
Higginbotham Alex 1.5 Wayzata
Jones DJ 1.5 Wayzata
Tabery Bryan 1.5 Wayzata
Jensen Tanner 1.5 Wayzata BA
Gaede Max 1.5 Woodbury
Gehert Jonathon 1.5 Woodbury
Herbert Andrew 1.5 Woodbury
Nowicki Tyler 1.5 Woodbury
How was Curt Rau ranked higher than Kyle Rau? Kyle will be able to go wherever he wants in Div 1 and, while still a very good player, Curt definitly won't quite have that luxury.
EP two out of three.
minnesotaice

Post by minnesotaice »

if this list is supposed to be the top potential in the state than it is seriously flawed.
Blaine's 2nd best player isnt even on the list nor is the 3rd.
And the only reason taylor richart is on that list is because of his dad. the kid is 5 foot nothing maybe 140 pounds.

Honestly, i love Minnesota high school hockey, but the amount of politics in the sport makes me glad I'm a baseball player
This is BEMIDJI STATE hockey.
Doglover

Post by Doglover »

In the end, talent will win out over any list/politics and good scouts can spot the talent they are looking for whether it's for college or juniors. The scouting list has gotten tweaked a bit with the conflict of interest between running a business and scouting (and either intentionally or unintentionally promoting their own clients) but in the long run, I hope it won't matter. If a kid can play he'll be found and if he can't play, he won't after HS.

We've all seen lots of kids get hyped all the way through youth associations and get all the breaks due to connections/politics/hype, etc. They get to HS and a few may still get some undeserved breaks due to reputation but once they leave their association "bubble" (go to Selects/Elite), hard to hide the fact they just aren't there and probably never really were. You just hope the kids that were better along the way, but didn't get the same breaks, haven't given up and quit already but unfortunately many have.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

MrBoDangles wrote:
High Flyer wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:Nice try!
And where do you think the USHl starts thier watch list at? Select 15, 16 advance tryouts. Interesting that the same kids who keep making it through the advacne tryouts are the same ones who are on the USHL players to watch list.

If the USHL is doing such a bad job identifiy the top 92 & 93 players to watch, which ones do you think they should be watching??? Care to put your opinions to the test? Can you back up all your critisim of the USHL here on the forum? Don't do it for me, do for all those poor neglected 93's and 92's that are just not getting the recognition they have earned. Make sure you can back up your opinions with some of thier accomplishments too.
So what you are saying is nearly every kid on the STA team was on the USHL list and they could not have a better CLASS A team? I will say again that a better team had 0? :roll:

Obviously, there is favoratism going on, and you are making yourself look like a joke!

Why you keep bringing up advanced teams is beyond me.
The good old days.... :cry:

:wink:
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

MrBoDangles wrote:
High Flyer wrote:

FACTS

4. Among other sections

JUST THE FACTS FLYER
:?