FIRE CHILDRESS

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

Neutron 14 wrote:
tomASS wrote:best thing about the whine line is when caller who is 5 x the legal limit gets through
And I'm sure CNT is quite embarrassed about it...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It must be late, or I'm just tired. But he got me again.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Well, when a team is more concerned about whether one of its marginal players gets funeral pay than the upcoming game against its arch rival, we have a problem.

But again, what did we expect.

No QB, no WR, no coaching.

Without AP, they are winless.

Skol.
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

the defensive should work on extra conditioning this week
They will be on the field even more than this past Sunday
fighting all who rob or plunder
RSI

Post by RSI »

I know GB is a better team, but 34 points better? They looked mentally unprepared for yesterday's game.

It's a good thing we were able to sign Chilly before GB got him :roll: :roll:
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

I really lost interest in Sunday afternoons when this team showed up like that for an NFC Championship.

The worst coach in the world still can't be entirely accountable for those disasters. Where is a player's passion to compete on those days?
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Keep AP and then get a broom and clean house.

Gut the franchise of old over paid veterans who cant win and cut loose the bad draft picks and start over.
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Neutron 14 wrote:
tomASS wrote:best thing about the whine line is when caller who is 5 x the legal limit gets through
Why do they always tell me "turn your radio down"?
I thought they wanted listeners? :?

I gave up on them at 1/2 time.
It looks as though the best game this team is going to play all year has most likely already occured.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
Why do they always tell me "turn your radio down"?
I thought they wanted listeners? :?

I gave up on them at 1/2 time.
It looks as though the best game this team is going to play all year has most likely already occured.
I'm not suggesting a playoff run here, but if you look at their schedule the rest of the season, and AP isn't down for an extended period of time (he's already out for this Sunday), it's conceivable they could play themselves out of a top 10 pick.

That's good... right?!
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Not that it would have made a "Hole" lot of difference, but how many holding penalties did the Packers get yesterday? I watched the 1st 1/2 , excusing any missed plays while getting more ice cubes :wink: I didn't see one.
Although I did see a lot of holding going on??
I guess why I bring it up is that the Vikes have been stellar against the run, and then suddenly this no name RB walks all over them.

And give me a break on the late hit to Favre, the guy was commited and barely whacked him with his hand, while trying to avoid crushing him, that was just plain a sympathy call.

Next caller please!
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

Irishmans Shanty wrote:The life expectancy of a pro football player is short, then you have the life expectancy of a running back.
There are times when I hate being right.
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

This from Patrick Reusse's column today cracked me up:
There are a couple of things to make clear here, in regards to what Vikings coach Brad Childress had to say about quarterback Tarvaris Jackson during his Monday media session.

First, Childress did not say Jackson was a China doll. He merely raised it as a possibility.

Second, this was a reference to the historic fragility of China dolls, and not to that country's ongoing efforts to poison the youth of America with imported toys.
Reusse could be wrong on the second part, I did feel poisoned after watching as much of Sunday's game as I could stand.

So Tarvaris will be starting on Sunday and AP will not. What's the over/under on when we'll hear the first boos, before the first possession three and out or after?
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

ChrisK wrote:This from Patrick Reusse's column today cracked me up:
There are a couple of things to make clear here, in regards to what Vikings coach Brad Childress had to say about quarterback Tarvaris Jackson during his Monday media session.

First, Childress did not say Jackson was a China doll. He merely raised it as a possibility.

Second, this was a reference to the historic fragility of China dolls, and not to that country's ongoing efforts to poison the youth of America with imported toys.
Reusse could be wrong on the second part, I did feel poisoned after watching as much of Sunday's game as I could stand.

So Tarvaris will be starting on Sunday and AP will not. What's the over/under on when we'll hear the first boos, before the first possession three and out or after?
I'm already booing.
EREmpireStrikesBack

Govs93 wrote:

I'm already booing.
That's because you don't know any better.

Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:
Govs93 wrote:

I'm already booing.
That's because you don't know any better.

I'm not following... did we unearth a closet Tarvaris Jackson fan here or what?!
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Govs93 wrote: I'm not following... did we unearth a closet Tarvaris Jackson fan here or what?!
ER came out of the closet?:shock:

Not that theres anything wrong with it...
EREmpireStrikesBack

TJack fan? Hardly.

Out of the closet? Sorry to disappoint Neut, but no.

Undercover Hockey Lover

Post by Undercover Hockey Lover »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:TJack fan? Hardly.

Out of the closet? Sorry to disappoint Neut, but no.

So...you're still in the closet then? :-$

Like the other fella said...Not that theres anything wrong with it... :wink: 8-[ :wink:
EREmpireStrikesBack

Yeah, it's where I hide.

packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Good idea. Especially with all that traffic up there.

Is the construction done yet?
EREmpireStrikesBack

packerboy wrote:Good idea. Especially with all that traffic up there.

Is the construction done yet?
Is it ever?