Scrimmage scores and summaries

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MNhockey29

Post by MNhockey29 »

Forest Lake beat Centenial 2-1. The score should of been 3-0. Centenial dominated most of the game while FL came on at the end. Garcia played great, had about 20-25 shots.

St.Thomas beat FL 2-1. St.Thomas totally dominated FL. Not that many shots for St.Thomas, just a lot of cycling in the zone looking for an open shot. FL had less than ten shots.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

St Thomas is the best highschool hockey team I've seen. I've seen teams w/a line that was better then STA's top line, but not a whole team that had that many top end kids. I hope someone beats them but..............
shotpassskate

Post by shotpassskate »

Any one have the times of the scrimmage Friday 11-23 at Tonka? I know BSM, EP, Tonka and D. East are going to be there any others and times?
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Scrimmages start @ 8am @ Pagel
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

EP against Benilde

EP scores 2 early than BSM scores 5 in a row. Final 5-2

EP looked good but not the kind of speed BSM puts out there.
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Duluth East against Benilde

DE thinks there playing for the state championship. Really dirty play so far by DE. They have 2 major checking from behinds in 1st 10 minutes. I think Benilde just wants to get out without any injuries. BSM playing a lot of 3rd and 4th line.
blueblood

Tonka scrimmages

Post by blueblood »

Bsm out scores DE 4-3. All 3 goals for DE in 2nd half against Bsm back-up tender.

Tonka and Ep tied at 2-2 after first half. Ep big and physical. Lots of cross checks and a mini fight.
hshockeyfan8

Post by hshockeyfan8 »

minnscout wrote:EP against Benilde

I counted 4 for BSM? Either way I agree. If EP can tighten up the D a little bit it should be a very good game during the season.
newtendy29fan

Post by newtendy29fan »

hshockeyfan8 wrote:
minnscout wrote:EP against Benilde

I counted 4 for BSM? Either way I agree. If EP can tighten up the D a little bit it should be a very good game during the season.
Why blame the D? so Snuggerud and Warner were having a bad game?
Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 »

St Thomas academy is hosting Blaine in a scrimmage today at 11 am
kniven

Cloquet vs. BSM

Post by kniven »

Just finished a 45 minute scrimmage. Cloquet 1 BSM 0
kniven

Cloquet vs. Prior Lake

Post by kniven »

Just finished a 45 minute scrimmage. Cloquet 2 Prior Lake 0
urban iceman

Post by urban iceman »

New Prague-5
Willmar-0

New Prague-4
Monticello- 0

New Prague-4
STMA-1

Sat. at Moose Sherrit
scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper »

Wildcats had a nice team building weekend up in Moorhead. They travelled without the services of key seniors Willox, Schultz and Loew and played three scrimmages in a 5 hour span on Saturday.

Outscored opponents 12-2 including a shutout of Brainerd, a nice 4-1 result over Moorhead and a 7-1 skate over Roseau.

That completes 6 scrimmages for the Wildcats, with the boys getting stronger and more efficient with each session.

Hopefully we have all our boys healthy and back in the lineup for the season opener against East Ridge this Thursday.

Overall, they look ready for the rigors of a tough schedule. Should be tons of fun.
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

scorekeeper wrote:Wildcats had a nice team building weekend up in Moorhead. They travelled without the services of key seniors Willox, Schultz and Loew and played three scrimmages in a 5 hour span on Saturday.

Outscored opponents 12-2 including a shutout of Brainerd, a nice 4-1 result over Moorhead and a 7-1 skate over Roseau.

That completes 6 scrimmages for the Wildcats, with the boys getting stronger and more efficient with each session.

Hopefully we have all our boys healthy and back in the lineup for the season opener against East Ridge this Thursday.

Overall, they look ready for the rigors of a tough schedule. Should be tons of fun.
\:D/ =D> \:D/ =D> What can you tell me about the goaltending ??
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:What can you tell me about the goaltending ??
The goaltending has been very good. No worse than rock solid and exceptional at times.

The opening scrimmage against Jefferson caught the whole team napping. A lack of discipline really had us on the PK for nearly 24 minutes of a 40 minute run-time session. The goalies did really well to minimize goals against in that game.

The coaches (and captains) did an exceptional job after that game, settling the boys down and getting them focused. We improved scrimmage by scrimmage and the team didn't allow more than 2 goals in any of the following 5 scrimmages. In fact, they allowed just 6 goals combined in those 5 scrimmages and 3 of those were PP goals.

The team got stronger with every scrimmage played, limiting the last 3 teams to a combined 2 goals against and pitched a shut out in the final scrimmage. Both goalies (Lindgren & Richmond) brought the A game to Moorhead.

I really believe the Wildcat defense - goalies included - may end up being one of the best units in the entire State. A TON of upside with a good mix of skillsets. We should expect steady improvement on a game by game basis as these guys get used to one another. Our defense and goaltending is going to impress a lot of people and win us a lot of hockey games.

We do have a tough early schedule, which includes Hill Murray and Minnetonka. We also have a December rematch with Jefferson, Burnsville, Prior Lake and we open against an East Ridge team who just put 15 on the board in a single game, so our early challenges are not small and they are upon us quickly.

I am sure we will have some growing pains early on, and will likely take the bulk of the teams seasons losses in the early portion of our schedule, BUT this teams potential combined with our exceptional coaching (IMO the best in the State bar-none), this team has a real chance to be one of the top 4 teams in the State by March.

We may well start by losing 3 of our first 4 games, but if these guys come even close to their potential, they won't lose more than 6 games all season ... of course, IMBO (in my BIAS opinion).

Puck drops on Thursday ... tick. tock.
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:What can you tell me about the (Eagan Wildcat) goaltending ??
No soft goals this weekend (and certainly fewer goals), but it's hard to make a direct comparison because the defense played much better in front of the goalies. Also didn't play 1 or 2 men down as often as at EP, given that the coaches were on the ice controlling play (instead of refs who seemed a bit too eager to break in their new whistles).

Which is a nice segue for me to compliment the folks up in Moorhead for doing such a good job hosting the Saturday scrimmages...from the little things (e.g. making sure there were buckets of practice pucks on the ice) to the big things (i.e. scrambling to get their JV kids to the rink to serve as replacements for a team that was expected to show, but didn't). =D>
Bluewhitefan

Re: Tonka scrimmages

Post by Bluewhitefan »

blueblood wrote:Bsm out scores DE 4-3. All 3 goals for DE in 2nd half against Bsm back-up tender.

Tonka and Ep tied at 2-2 after first half. Ep big and physical. Lots of cross checks and a mini fight.
I heard all the goals came from the Besse line. Are the youngsters and transfers contributing?
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

BSM young guys and transfers are doing ok. They got one maybe two of the goals against DE but I do think it will take a month or so to see them contributing on the score sheet game in and game out. Naas, Baer, Jungels, Hale, Kaske, Arnason and Fleming will get plenty of points this year.
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

scorekeeper wrote:
HappyHockeyFan wrote:What can you tell me about the goaltending ??
The goaltending has been very good. No worse than rock solid and exceptional at times.

The opening scrimmage against Jefferson caught the whole team napping. A lack of discipline really had us on the PK for nearly 24 minutes of a 40 minute run-time session. The goalies did really well to minimize goals against in that game.

The coaches (and captains) did an exceptional job after that game, settling the boys down and getting them focused. We improved scrimmage by scrimmage and the team didn't allow more than 2 goals in any of the following 5 scrimmages. In fact, they allowed just 6 goals combined in those 5 scrimmages and 3 of those were PP goals.

The team got stronger with every scrimmage played, limiting the last 3 teams to a combined 2 goals against and pitched a shut out in the final scrimmage. Both goalies (Lindgren & Richmond) brought the A game to Moorhead.

I really believe the Wildcat defense - goalies included - may end up being one of the best units in the entire State. A TON of upside with a good mix of skillsets. We should expect steady improvement on a game by game basis as these guys get used to one another. Our defense and goaltending is going to impress a lot of people and win us a lot of hockey games.

We do have a tough early schedule, which includes Hill Murray and Minnetonka. We also have a December rematch with Jefferson, Burnsville, Prior Lake and we open against an East Ridge team who just put 15 on the board in a single game, so our early challenges are not small and they are upon us quickly.

I am sure we will have some growing pains early on, and will likely take the bulk of the teams seasons losses in the early portion of our schedule, BUT this teams potential combined with our exceptional coaching (IMO the best in the State bar-none), this team has a real chance to be one of the top 4 teams in the State by March.

We may well start by losing 3 of our first 4 games, but if these guys come even close to their potential, they won't lose more than 6 games all season ... of course, IMBO (in my BIAS opinion).

Puck drops on Thursday ... tick. tock.
Thanks for the detailed update, I am good friends with one of our goalies family and I am excited to see him play this year. I will be there to see the puck drop on the new season at Cottage Grove on Thursday !!
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

I'm starting to get the feeling that the Eagan fans are excited...
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

MrBoDangles wrote:I'm starting to get the feeling that the Eagan fans are excited...
Yup...about ready to launch the "Eagan: Up and In!" thread. :lol:
Tripod

Blake tournament

Post by Tripod »

Delano 6 - 3 over Blake for championship.
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

Scorekeeper and Almost Happy seem to be the overzealous hockey parents that will stick noses anywhere to promote there purpose (kid). Conveying what a coach or captains said in the locker room to turn things around in some scrimmages - really? Let the games begin and let the kids speak with the play on the ice.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Nuts&Bolts wrote:Scorekeeper and Almost Happy seem to be the overzealous hockey parents that will stick noses anywhere to promote there purpose (kid). Conveying what a coach or captains said in the locker room to turn things around in some scrimmages - really? Let the games begin and let the kids speak with the play on the ice.
First rodeo for these boys.