Games Thursday 1-6-22

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BlueLineSpecial

Re: Games Thursday 1-6-22

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

Didn't see the game but was checking out the Hill twitter feed from last night's game v Tartan. Apparently game was 2-2 after 2 periods, ended up 9-2 Hill. Weird.
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

BSUBeaver wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:52 am
Stang5280 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:13 pm Alexandria just went up 3–0 over Fergus early in the second. They are just dominating play, with shots 25-4..

After two
Alex 4, Fergus 1
Shots 32-6 Cardinals
Otters get on the board with a late goal

Final
Alex 5, Fergus 2
Shots 39-20
Very impressive performance by the Cardinals, and the otters are really struggling lately with Warroad up next.
This was a fun game to watch as a Cardinal fan. The boys did a great job shutting down the slot and just about anything Fergus shot was from the outside and easy for Pfeffer to see. The first goal Fergus got, the Otters were able to get in front of the net and got a rebound goal. Their second goal was on the power play I believe (there were only two penalties in the game, both on Alex).

Alex definitely came into the game looking to prove something as everyone was anointing Fergus the Section champion from the get go.

From the article below: "Alexandria’s (5-4-1) losses have come to Class AA teams in Sartell (7-4) and Gentry Academy (8-1), and good Class A programs from Minneapolis (8-3) and Little Falls (12-0)."

https://www.echopress.com/sports/hockey ... nt-runners
I wouldn't say everyone.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Good example of this years back and forth trend:

Rosemount beats Andover a week ago

Loses to Delano tonite
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

elliott70 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:38 am
Stang5280 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:13 pm Alexandria just went up 3–0 over Fergus early in the second. They are just dominating play, with shots 25-4..

After two
Alex 4, Fergus 1
Shots 32-6 Cardinals
Otters get on the board with a late goal

Final
Alex 5, Fergus 2
Shots 39-20
Very impressive performance by the Cardinals, and the otters are really struggling lately with Warroad up next.
This was a fun game to watch as a Cardinal fan. The boys did a great job shutting down the slot and just about anything Fergus shot was from the outside and easy for Pfeffer to see. The first goal Fergus got, the Otters were able to get in front of the net and got a rebound goal. Their second goal was on the power play I believe (there were only two penalties in the game, both on Alex).

Alex definitely came into the game looking to prove something as everyone was anointing Fergus the Section champion from the get go.

From the article below: "Alexandria’s (5-4-1) losses have come to Class AA teams in Sartell (7-4) and Gentry Academy (8-1), and good Class A programs from Minneapolis (8-3) and Little Falls (12-0)."

I wouldn't say everyone.
THANK YOU Elliott haha. I was going to say BSU on Monday Dec 13th declared in the Section 6a Thread it was Fergus Section to lose and you and I both said Cards are better then record. Needed to fix things and they have. I still wont count out the Otters but they are in a stinky stretch of play RosevilleDad any inside info? I think in the end at the MAC in March this will be a great game. Alex has made the first impressive showing they meet again in Fergus should be fun to see how the Otters respond
BSUBeaver

Post by BSUBeaver »

ClassAGuy wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:25 am

I wouldn't say everyone.
THANK YOU Elliott haha. I was going to say BSU on Monday Dec 13th declared in the Section 6a Thread it was Fergus Section to lose and you and I both said Cards are better then record. Needed to fix things and they have. I still wont count out the Otters but they are in a stinky stretch of play RosevilleDad any inside info? I think in the end at the MAC in March this will be a great game. Alex has made the first impressive showing they meet again in Fergus should be fun to see how the Otters respond
Haha..... Thanks ClassAGuy and Elliott! The Cardinals are making me eat some crow right now, and I deserve it! The next six weeks should be fun in 6A.
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

BSUBeaver wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:29 pm

I wouldn't say everyone.
Haha..... Thanks ClassAGuy and Elliott! The Cardinals are making me eat some crow right now, and I deserve it! The next six weeks should be fun in 6A.
I personally can't wait for the rematch with Little Falls at Alexandria. That could be the deciding factor in the 5 seed vs unseeded at state. Big difference at the X of playing (Hermantown, Warroad, Mahtomedi) or the Section 2A Champ is Delano who has never won a 1st round game at state!
ROSEVILLEHOCKEYDAD

Post by ROSEVILLEHOCKEYDAD »

ClassAGuy wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:35 pm
BSUBeaver wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:29 pm

I personally can't wait for the rematch with Little Falls at Alexandria. That could be the deciding factor in the 5 seed vs unseeded at state. Big difference at the X of playing (Hermantown, Warroad, Mahtomedi) or the Section 2A Champ is Delano who has never won a 1st round game at state!

Alexandria had 3 minor penalties in the 3rd period plus a checking from behind major at the buzzer for a 5 and 10. The #1 seed will come down to the rematch in Fergus Falls on 2/8 and then more than likely a section final match up @ the MAC on 3/3.