who will win section 2a?

The hockeywriter

Re: Hockey Writer

Post by The hockeywriter »

I think there is some real good talent in this section Princeton had th ebest d all round at Rochester and Sauk might have the best junior in the state I think if Princeton had a better goalie they win 2 of 3 games down in Rocheter they out played lourdes and breck got 3 soft goals they can skate with all those teams and sauk has good talent too it just seems though that every team is missing one thing to compete with the real good teams but i think there is very goods tsalent in this section. <p></p><i></i>
JokaPlaya

SR

Post by JokaPlaya »

Sauk Rapids is heads above any other team in section 2a, including Princeton. Sauk Rapids competes against tough competition in the CLC, and plays well. Princeton is good too though. <p></p><i></i>
The hockeywriter

Sorry But Princeton has the toughest schudule

I really cant agree on that one Sauk Scheudule thoguh is tough not because of the CLC apollo is down little falls is bad Sartell is young Wilmer is just ok Brainerd is decent nothing special the only really good teams in the CLC this year are alex and tech so they CLC is very down compared to some year but sauk will get a chance to play brack i will be at that gfame and lourdes and fergus but as of right now princwton has played #4 St.louios park #3 I Falls #6 Lourdes and #1 breck so as of now princeton has played the toughest schudle in section 2a and has faired well i think thaty sauk will be hurting come playoff time cause they are playing in a weak CLC and are only like 3 section 2A oppents that will proably cost them the number one seed if princeton beats all the Section 2a oppents it sahould be fun they are so even right now and there is mora and proctor who could maybe upset them but they are on a crash course to meet each other in the finals. <p></p><i></i>
DB33Three

Re: Sorry But Princeton has the toughest schudule

Post by DB33Three »

I totally agree we do have a tough schudule bu now it gets pretty easy until late in the year so we should hopfully start rolling of the wins again. But yeah WHat is up with Sauk we wanted to play them this year and they wouldnt play us so we even got a scrimmage set up and they wouldnt do it it is like weird they wont play us . But yeah i really cant wait to play them from what i hear they are pretty good. But yeah as of now i think our chedule has been really tough and WHY wouldnt Sauk play us. <p></p><i></i>
goalie91

Mooselake/Willow River

Post by goalie91 »

hockeywriter, why all the hatred for little old Moose Lake.They have struggled in some past years but they are hardly the most pathetic team in the state. Although there section is the most pathetic in the state. Did you get beat by a Moose Lake team when you were little? Also they lost 3 transfers to other teams in the past 2 years. Otherwise they would be right up there with the rest of the PATHETIC teams in this section. <p></p><i></i>
DB33Three

Re: who will win section 2a?

Post by DB33Three »

Lol i am guessing goalie91 you are from Moose Lake looking sat your last post to<br>Moose Lake will win at least one playoff game this year. It seems like its been a long time since the rebels have won a playoff game.So this is the year! They have a good goalie and a solid team. We will see if their coaches can get them ready. lol well that is just my guess i hope you guys keep doing well but what happened in pine city? <p></p><i></i>
Beerpig

Playoff Game

Post by Beerpig »

Moose Lake 2 Chisago Lakes 1 Section 2A playoffs in let's see, 1994 or 1995. Check your records!! Went on to lose to Hermantown 5-1 the last time they went to state.<br>Moose Lake's performance may be pathetic but Mr. Hockeywriter, pathetic is giving a quiz without knowing the facts! <sigh> <p></p><i></i>
classAhockey

Moose Lake

Post by classAhockey »

Moose Lake has improved alot this year. Besides a few bad games in the Pine City tournament, they haven't played that bad. And by far are not the worst team ever in the state of Minnesota, that'd be going a little overboard. I didn't get a chance to see the Pine City vs. Moose Lake game because i went to a different one but i heard that Moose Lake scored a few weak goals early on and Pine City was playing without one of their better players in Gross, not that he would have made a lot of difference in the game i'm sure. <p></p><i></i>
The hockeywriter

Re: Playoff Game

Yes Beerpig you are right see my stats for the playoffs only have like whn 1 plays 8 2 plays 7 3 plays 6 and 4plays 5 but yes in the Number 8 seed vs Number 9 seed game moose lake wone the only think more pathetic then not knowing about this game is actually knowing it sorry i must have woking up the whole town of moose lake and they all came on this board and moose lake is still lacking a quality win i talke do the pine city poeple and pine was missing there regualr starting goalie and gross and they said if they played again it would be a differnt story. just calling it as i see it and hear it. <p></p><i></i>
The hockeywriter

What Teams need

Now back to hockey as we head in to the second part of the season each team in this section needs somthing to put them over the top now others more than others.<br><br>Sauk Rapids- this is a very good team right now but i could see them getting beat because of there lack of depth they really need soem of those 2nd and 3rd line guys to step up and on defense they need another guiy to step up as well.<br><br>Princeton- They have the most depth and talent as a team but they will go no where unless there goaltending improves if it does they will be back at the excel but it needs to improve.<br><br>Mora- They need alot more depth right now they have a the goalenting but they cant not only play one line and 3 d and they dont have a jv team so things arnt looking good.<br><br>Proctor- they need to improve on speed they have a solid team but they will not be able to keep up with these other 3 temas unless they get more speed.<br><br>Sartell- they need to just keep getting more experince this isnt there year but they could pull an upset off.<br><br>SCC- they need for their D to keep improving and to jell more when you watch them they look like indviules out there thier.<br><br>Pine City- Need for there D to improve they have ok forwards and a decent goalie but there D WILL NOT ALLOW THEM TO BEAT A GOOD TEAM.<br><br>Denfeld- need everyone on the team around bushy to improv but played bette rup north but they still got quite a way to go.<br><br>Moose Lake- Well you know my feelings on Moose Lake they need a ton of help but there goalie is a bright spot and could cause for an upset but this team just doesnt have the things to win.<br><br>Theres the things tell me what you think and tell me your opion on every team please i would appericate it. Just calling as i see it and hear it. <p></p><i></i>
Beerpig

Playoff Game

Post by Beerpig »

You are correct in your assessment of Moose Lake. At this point of the season, they have not proven the ability to beat a quality team. It looks like you have a pretty good handle on the teams in 2A. If you kept to the facts, you wouldn't get such harsh feedback. It's the editorial comments such as "the most pathetic program etc." that get people upset...Although it does spur conversation.<br><br>I agree with your 2A assessment. At this point, there is the big three (Sauk Rapids, Princeton, and Mora) and the rest are looking up and hoping.<br><br>The playoffs can bring anything though. It seems that 2A has a #6 or #7 seed that wins one or two games every year. So who knows. <br><br>P.S. Do I get extra credit for knowing the Moose Lake playoff question or longer detention?? <p></p><i></i>
The hockeywriter

I just got done reading the St.Cloud paper from yesterday and there was a hugs article on SCC I tghink they got some talent and they are very young no seniors which sorry boys equals no playoff wins this year but they do have some great potenal but I think that there coach is just a puke he is so cocky for only coaching little old SCC but just my opion the reason i am writing this is i want to know who you think the best coach in this section is I have to go with the great Bill Vucovick of Denfeild been coaching great for years wondering what your thoughts are. <p></p><i></i>
snaphock25

Post by snaphock25 »

hockeywriter what do you mean by only coaching little old SCC. That doesn't make a lot of sense. Ellaborate. Yet the article was basically themed on the fact small Cathedral beat perenial city power Apollo. Give them credit. Also that team will suprise a lot of people come playoff time. I'm not predicting a win, but more than one. <p></p><i></i>
The hockeywriter

Ok first of all You must be a SCC cause they are the only ones on this board that defend SCC. What i meant by littl old SCC was that you guys are one of the worst private schools in that state and he was acting like your top 10. and as for your comment you beat how did you say it oh yeah it was Cathedral beat perenial city power Apollo. Apollo is pathetic this year sauk has beat them 3 times so that means nothing and as for predicting more then one playoff win i am sorry i think you can win the first game cause your team will most likely get the 5 seed and play proctor and i think your team can win that game but this year you guys are not in the league of a number 1 seed which will either be sSauk or Princeton I think you have a real nice team for no seniors but you just cant beat a team like that though but you know the way to shut me uop go out and do it so prove it to me i will be watching so show me sotmhing dont talk it show me somthing on the ice . Just calling it as i see it and hear it. <p></p><i></i>
lightnthelamp02

Re: who will win section 2a?

Post by lightnthelamp02 »

Definatly SAauk Rapids has the upper hand with Ryan Pecskamp, Chris Streit, Matt Wocken I dont think Princeton can keep up. <p></p><i></i>
ptown tigers

depth

Post by ptown tigers »

But that is all of they have. They have no depth. Princeton has 4 very capable D. 2 Good lines of forwards, and one that holds their own but doesnt put up many points. Although another thing Sauk does have is a good Goalie, I believe his name is Daegnis or something like that. To bad Princeton and Sauk will not meet in the regular season. Could have been a good game. <p></p><i></i>
The hockeywriter

Sauk Rapids vs Princeton

When looking at this matchup it is so even it is just who will show up that night and the crazy thing is these 2 teams might not meet this year because according to DB33Three Sauk didnt want to play.<br><br>Goaltending- Sauk Rapids As of right now has the big adfvantage here Dagniese is a solid goaltender with expereince he will be tough but with Princeto they still have 2 guys with lots of inexperince. So as of right now Sauk has the big advatage.<br><br>Defense- Princeton Yes Sauk has Wocken but Larsen is equal to Wocken and Brown and Ross are much much better then sauks other 2 d and if not that jorgensen is better then there other 2 D and if sauk tries to play 3 di it will not work come playoff time. Princeton has the big advantage here.<br><br>Forwards- Even Sauk again has the 2 really good induvidauls but nothing else Princeton has 3 solid lines of forwards wil be able to wear down sauk but Pesckamp can score alot so it will be an even here.<br><br>Coaching- Neither both coaches seem to not be that with it i think both could get out coached so i dont think this will factor in to the game.<br><br>Big players in this game- Brown can he step up with larsen and shut down sauk from what i have seen he can buit it is a very tough job. Peskamp can get through Larsen Brown who will probaly be matched up on him through the game so it will be fun to see.<br><br>Prediction- I am picking Princeton Depth and better D will win but if pesckamp and wockern get hot it is all Sauk so it is a very tough one to call. <p></p><i></i>
JokaPlaya

Mora

Post by JokaPlaya »

I have been hearing a lot about Mora. How good are they? Who is on their second and third lines? Also, I have noticed Akkerman has taken a lot of penalties in the past, how is he doing on that subject this year? <p></p><i></i>
ptown tigers

Mora

Post by ptown tigers »

Mora like Sauk has no depth. They have a good goalie in Hjellie, a good set of D in Akkerman in Horbac. and one good line in Corbet, Horbac and Grobowski i believe is the line. I am not sure on the names in the forward line. But beyond that they are weak. and without a JV, a few key injuries will hurt them. From what I saw Akkermen is still taking stupid penalties. <p></p><i></i>
saukrapidssuperfan03

sauk rapids

Post by saukrapidssuperfan03 »

i love the storm but i have noticed that they have a great player in ryan peckscamp. Ryan is there whole team and if he gets hurt the team is done. the strom barly bet sartell and peckscamp wasnt playing. they got luckly but when they play better and faster teams without ryan they are down. <p></p><i></i>
The hockeywriter

Mora

Mora has a good first line in those 3 juniors and after that it falls of big wioth there second of horbacz gretski and peterson are ok if they were a third line and they have no third line when i wtach they only play 2 lines but what thye do have an excellent goalie in Hjelle he could carry them but against a team like Princeton or Sauk he will need to be able to stop like 40 shots which is is capable but he will no tto be on for them to do anything in playoffs. Also on Sauk Rapids they better pray Ryan can keep his temper under control or else they will be going no where. <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
The hockeywriter

Proctor ??????????

I have gotten to see every teram in this section play at least twice no but Proctor i am waiting until they play Sauk but does anybody have ionfo on them sound like they are ok this year wondering if anybody gots any facts on them ???? just wonndering <p></p><i></i>
classAhockey

Pine City 2 Mora 1

Post by classAhockey »

I got over to watch the Mora vs. Pine City game because i've heard it was a big rival between towns. Pine City ended up winning 2-1. Mora dominated in spurts during the game but the line of Brant, Gross , and Berglund had alot of nice scoring chances. I beleive Gross got the first one on a rebound shot. Mora then scored on their power play by Jon Horbacz. Pine City scored early in the third when one of the Mora forwards loss the puck in the zone and gross slid it out to Brant who snuck it by Hjelle. Was a pretty good game, could've gone either way. I noticed that one of the Horbacz and the Grabowski from the first line weren't playing, don't know what that's about. Just calling it as i see it. <p></p><i></i>
The hockeywriter

Re: Pine City 2 Mora 1

Yeah it was a very good game bu tif mora has there first line there they win easy but big win for Pine to even there record at 1-1 but for mora they might have lost ther etitl shot tonight but good for Pine that a big win but we shall see how good they really going up agianst princeton next who i saw won 15-0 tonight i went to go check Procotr out for myslef they play Red Wing and played tough but lost 5-2 they are better but satill lack the speed and Red Wing is really down this year and i think the Mora loss proves they have not shown they are top 3 team this section right now is owned by SAUK AND PRINCETON and ohh yeah SCC won but another weak oppentnet but they migh tbe decent i havent seen them play in awhile. <p></p><i></i>
The hockeywriter

STMA vs Chisago Lakes ???????

Anyone hear the STMA vs Chisago Lakes score wondering how how the Rum Standings will look now. <p></p><i></i>