BANTAM AA EAST REGION

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

Survey wrote:
Mnhockeys wrote:
Survey wrote:The STMA goalie can definitely steal a game. I believe last years 3rd place game was them vs Wayzata and it took Wayzata 4 periods to finally put one by him.

Doesn't Wayzata have two decent goaltenders this year? Or does one play more than the other?

I'm looking forward to watching the South Regions at PIC...should be a great battle for all teams there.
Steal a game? ... hmmm ... 3 goals on like 5-6 shots against Woodbury. An average goalie would have won the game today for STMA IMO. But you folks know the kid better of course.
"Can" I think is the word you are missing. You do realize these are 14 and 15 year old kids. Doesn't mean they are going to do it every game. But than I'll leave that up to you.
The part you are missing is that your super star got trashed by Woodbury. When people ranked him as the best or prospected for f whatever, he should at least play as well as the next average 14 years old goalie when his team played better than the other team. Would you not agree?

That is up to you.
edgeless2

Re: BANTAM AA EAST REGION

Post by edgeless2 »

Mnhockeys wrote:
MWS coach wrote:
elliott70 wrote:Game 1
1 Elk River
8 Sibley
Cottage Grove Ice Arena - North Rink
FRI FEB 28 @ 3:00pGame 2

4 St. Michael Albertville
5 Woodbury
FRI FEB 28 @ 4:45pGame 3

2 Wayzata
7 Eastview
FRI FEB 28 @ 6:30pGame 4

3 Minnetonka
6 Burnsville
Cottage Grove Ice Arena - North
Wayzata #1 Seed
Minnetonka #2 Seed
Tonka lost to Burnsville and then to Eastview.

ER and Wayzata come out this region.
It appears it may not be the goaltenders at all, unless it is the Woodbury goalie.
MWS coach

Post by MWS coach »

edgeless2 wrote:
Mnhockeys wrote:
MWS coach wrote: Wayzata #1 Seed
Minnetonka #2 Seed
Tonka lost to Burnsville and then to Eastview.

It appears it may not be the goaltenders at all, unless it is the Woodbury goalie.
Regions, expect the unexpected. Thus far, woodbury goalie has been the best. Surprise surprise! Such a great time of year! :D
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

STMA knocks Wayzata off to an early exit. Goalie in question plays outstanding.
MWS coach

Post by MWS coach »

Woodbury starts with 14 seed and advances as #1 seed from the East. Taking down Elk River, STMA and Minnetoka in the process. Congrats to the Predators!!!! Good Luck in Rogers. Cinderella story?
B-Ville Hockey Guy

Post by B-Ville Hockey Guy »

MWS coach wrote:
edgeless2 wrote:
Mnhockeys wrote: Tonka lost to Burnsville and then to Eastview.

Regions, expect the unexpected. Thus far, woodbury goalie has been the best. Surprise surprise! Such a great time of year! :D
30 day suspension for ER player that will keep him out of state. Don't know the kid but tough way to end your season.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

What did he do? I heard he possibly kicked or stepped on a player in a pile-up around his goalie. They must have video to look at, severe penalty, must have happened.
woodstickguy

Post by woodstickguy »

A weekend of hockey as seen through the eyes of a STMA parent:

1) Congratulations to Woodbury! You earned every bit of that number 1 seed to state. You have some fans from STMA pulling for you.

2) I was at first taken aback by the Wayzata parents calling our kids farm boys but then it got me thinking maybe we are? I started asking our parents what they do for a living. I was getting a lot of different answers but farming wasn't one of them. Now I was starting to get mad at that comment until finally I came across a parent who said he runs a very successful dairy farm and he puts in more hours than anyone could imagine and at times in 20 below zero. That's when it hit me that what they were saying was not demeaning but a compliment on how hard our kids work. Thank you Wayzata I appreciate you noticing!

3) Still unimpressed with some of the Elk River parents (and trust me I know we aren't perfect). Think about what your kids would say is one of their best memories of the weekend (winning goal, hanging with friends, competing against the best, etc...) A particular player from an afore mentioned team tweeted his best memory was watching so and so's dad yell at the STMA goalie every time we scored. Nothing else needs to be said on this one other than karma can be a bitch.

Lastly for those of you still with me I would like to say how proud I am of what our association (STMA) has been able to accomplish over the past 6 years with a group of 45 kids. We have been able to compete with the biggest and best associations in the state - not always winning but letting them know they are in for a battle. Sorry I had to toot our own horn at the end but I truly am a very proud parent.

Good luck to all state participants and cherish what you have accomplished.
Eagle86

Post by Eagle86 »

woodstickguy wrote:A weekend of hockey as seen through the eyes of a STMA parent:

1) Congratulations to Woodbury! You earned every bit of that number 1 seed to state. You have some fans from STMA pulling for you.

2) I was at first taken aback by the Wayzata parents calling our kids farm boys but then it got me thinking maybe we are? I started asking our parents what they do for a living. I was getting a lot of different answers but farming wasn't one of them. Now I was starting to get mad at that comment until finally I came across a parent who said he runs a very successful dairy farm and he puts in more hours than anyone could imagine and at times in 20 below zero. That's when it hit me that what they were saying was not demeaning but a compliment on how hard our kids work. Thank you Wayzata I appreciate you noticing!

3) Still unimpressed with some of the Elk River parents (and trust me I know we aren't perfect). Think about what your kids would say is one of their best memories of the weekend (winning goal, hanging with friends, competing against the best, etc...) A particular player from an afore mentioned team tweeted his best memory was watching so and so's dad yell at the STMA goalie every time we scored. Nothing else needs to be said on this one other than karma can be a bitch.

Lastly for those of you still with me I would like to say how proud I am of what our association (STMA) has been able to accomplish over the past 6 years with a group of 45 kids. We have been able to compete with the biggest and best associations in the state - not always winning but letting them know they are in for a battle. Sorry I had to toot our own horn at the end but I truly am a very proud parent.

I've seen STMA enough over the years to know your the last team that should be throwing darts at teams for fan behavior. Last I checked your team had the LOUDEST coach in Bantams and we all know the antics everyone comes to expect from the nets when playng STMA.

Sounds like really sour grapes on you part.

Are you sure your fans were well behaved all weekend?

Enjoy your offseason!
MWS coach

Post by MWS coach »

Eagle86 wrote:
woodstickguy wrote:A weekend of hockey as seen through the eyes of a STMA parent:

I've seen STMA enough over the years to know your the last team that should be throwing darts at teams for fan behavior. Last I checked your team had the LOUDEST coach in Bantams and we all know the antics everyone comes to expect from the nets when playng STMA.

Sounds like really sour grapes on you part.

Are you sure your fans were well behaved all weekend?

Enjoy your offseason!
Just heard, STMA Goalie finally got a delay of game penalty for knocking the net off, way over due, that has been happening for way to long. Talk about Karma!
BlackTape

Post by BlackTape »

B-Ville Hockey Guy wrote:
MWS coach wrote:
edgeless2 wrote: It appears it may not be the goaltenders at all, unless it is the Woodbury goalie.
30 day suspension for ER player that will keep him out of state. Don't know the kid but tough way to end your season.
You must have some secret insight to the 30 day suspension.....considering he hasn't had his hearing with d10 yet.
B-Ville Hockey Guy

BlackTape wrote:
MWS coach wrote: Regions, expect the unexpected. Thus far, woodbury goalie has been the best. Surprise surprise! Such a great time of year! :D
You must have some secret insight to the 30 day suspension.....considering he hasn't had his hearing with d10 yet.
Nope no secret insite.. Just going off what I heard from the coaches at the rink. Stomping on someone with your skate that is lying on the ice seems to be a pretty serious offense. funny no discussion on this and just want to make sure that the kid doesn't have the chance to do it again at state. Thanks for the insight and I will follow the d10 hearing notes.
ERPWA Hockey

Post by ERPWA Hockey »

BlackTape wrote:
B-Ville Hockey Guy wrote: 30 day suspension for ER player that will keep him out of state. Don't know the kid but tough way to end your season.
Nope no secret insite.. Just going off what I heard from the coaches at the rink. Stomping on someone with your skate that is lying on the ice seems to be a pretty serious offense. funny no discussion on this and just want to make sure that the kid doesn't have the chance to do it again at state. Thanks for the insight and I will follow the d10 hearing notes.
Lets leave this up to D10 officials to settle this not some guy hiding behind this thread giving his perception.

I was there and you are painting a one sided picture. Let's not prosecute this player wihtout fair due process.

That whole scene was ugly which I might add started from a Bville player intentionally hammering the ER goalie and then following it up with a two handed tomahawk slash on the goalie. After that what insude was pure bedlam.

Let the officials handle this process.
B-Ville Hockey Guy

ERPWA Hockey wrote:
BlackTape wrote: You must have some secret insight to the 30 day suspension.....considering he hasn't had his hearing with d10 yet.
Lets leave this up to D10 officials to settle this not some guy hiding behind this thread giving his perception.

I was there and you are painting a one sided picture. Let's not prosecute this player wihtout fair due process.

That whole scene was ugly which I might add started from a Bville player intentionally hammering the ER goalie and then following it up with a two handed tomahawk slash on the goalie. After that what insude was pure bedlam.

Let the officials handle this process.
I was there also, and see these maylays all the time after a whistle. No reason to use your skate as a weapon. punches and stick checking happen in every game you don't see a 5 and match very often and for good reason. Anyone know the process on how that happens at a regional game? Is it up to the district that the team came from or do the refs hand out the punnishment? I wouldn't think that the district would have any say in it? Not hiding behind a monikar either if you want to know who I am pm me or look at my other posts and you can find out. or ask a number of others on the forum .
greybeard58

Post by greybeard58 »

I believe for a match penalty in a regional tournament the hearing might go back to the district and since no one stated a hearing was held at the tournament site that is possibility what will happen. The 30 day is the time limit to hold a hearing or the player is back automatically reinstated.

As far as published hearing notes, it will not happen these are minor aged players and I believe the D10 policy is to not publish the findings. If the player or coach speak out publicly that is their choice.
B-Ville Hockey Guy

greybeard58 wrote:I believe for a match penalty in a regional tournament the hearing might go back to the district and since no one stated a hearing was held at the tournament site that is possibility what will happen. The 30 day is the time limit to hold a hearing or the player is back automatically reinstated.

As far as published hearing notes, it will not happen these are minor aged players and I believe the D10 policy is to not publish the findings. If the player or coach speak out publicly that is their choice.
Thanks for the insight. Most likely the match penalty will be a one gamer and he will be back for State tourney then, On an intent to injure do you have to have a hearing prior to returning?
greybeard58

Post by greybeard58 »

From the USA Hockey rule book. Below are the penalties that can be considered for a match or are match penalties. A hearing is required for all match penalties or after 30 days from the date of the penalty the player can return to the team.

Match Penalty Option
603(c) Boarding
606(b) Butt-ending
607(e) Charging
608(c) Checking from behind
615(c) Deliberately removing helmet during altercation
619(b) Head-butting
620(c) Head Contact
622(c) Holding/grabbing facemask

Match Penalty (only)
305(b) Taped hand, cutting opponent
601(f) Abuse of officials and other misconduct
602(a) Deliberate or attempt to injure opponent or team
official
615(c) Removing helmet prior to or during an altercation
(all Youth and Girls’/Women’s classifications)
627(b) Kicking opponent
633(a,b) Suspended game—refusal to start play
ERPWA Hockey

Post by ERPWA Hockey »

greybeard58 wrote:I believe for a match penalty in a regional tournament the hearing might go back to the district and since no one stated a hearing was held at the tournament site that is possibility what will happen. The 30 day is the time limit to hold a hearing or the player is back automatically reinstated.

Thank you for this information and putting some clarification on this topic.

Hopefully this calms down the witch hunt.
B-Ville Hockey Guy

ERPWA Hockey wrote:

Which witch hunt? The kid stommped on a player with a skate? Now if he didn't then there shouldn't have been a match penalty and there shouldn't be a hearing. Like you said let the district take care of it. I am sure that you will be there to defend Jr. so he can play another game. I do hope that he is held accountable and learns a lesson from this.
MWS coach

Post by MWS coach »

ERPWA Hockey wrote:

Which witch hunt? The kid stommped on a player with a skate? Now if he didn't then there shouldn't have been a match penalty and there shouldn't be a hearing. Like you said let the district take care of it. I am sure that you will be there to defend Jr. so he can play another game. I do hope that he is held accountable and learns a lesson from this.
Get off your high horse coach.What about the kid you coach that ran the goalie and took a two handed chop on him? Using the stick as a weapon is a very dangerous play. What happened to him? I am guessing a two minute penalty? It seems you easily dismissed that fact in an earlier post saying scrums in front of the net happen all the time. Was the two handed chop trying to knock the puck loose or was there an intent to injure? What happens if the slasher breaks the goalies arm?

The kicker is a kid and made a serious mistake, he was wrong and it was also a very dangerous action. Refs made the call and situation will be dealt with by the people that are in position to deal with the issue. You coming on a blog and posting inacurate information that you know nothing about (saying he is receiving a 30 day suspension) sure does make it seem like a witch hunt to me. Over the years I have coached/watched youth hockey, this is the fourth time I have seen a kicking penalty along with match penalty handed out. One resulted in a five game suspension, one a three game suspension and one was during the wild west of summer hockey so just resulted in a game ejection. Time will tell what D10 decides is discipline.

What was your motivation of posting inacurate information on a blog? The correct call was made on the ice and due process will be done, why not just leave it at that?

I call out on your posts:
First
"30 day suspension for ER player that will keep him out of state. Don't know the kid but tough way to end your season."
Second
"Nope no secret insite.. Just going off what I heard from the coaches at the rink."

You are a coach on that team. First + Second = witch hunt, maybe?
Hockey guy1486

Post by Hockey guy1486 »

MWS Coach ...... Totally agree with you! This guy seems a little over top. I was not at the game but maybe he is just mad that his teams season is over!!!
B-Ville Hockey Guy

Hockey guy1486 wrote:MWS Coach ...... Totally agree with you! This guy seems a little over top. I was not at the game but maybe he is just mad that his teams season is over!!!
1- not the coach
2. Not dismissing a two minute slash. If it was a 5 min match I would have condemned that as well.
3. Heard 30 day suspension at the rink, came here to call a kid out for a stupid play. Hope that he would learn a valuable lesson that is more important than having this dismissed and an excuse made
4. People on this forum are high and mighty and jump to a lot of conclusions.
Finally Burnsville played well all weekend and I am happy that they got an extra couple of games this weekend. I will now go away:o)
MWS coach

Post by MWS coach »

Hockey guy1486 wrote:MWS Coach ...... Totally agree with you! This guy seems a little over top. I was not at the game but maybe he is just mad that his teams season is over!!!
1- not the coach
2. Not dismissing a two minute slash. If it was a 5 min match I would have condemned that as well.
3. Heard 30 day suspension at the rink, came here to call a kid out for a stupid play. Hope that he would learn a valuable lesson that is more important than having this dismissed and an excuse made
Finally Burnsville played well all weekend and I am happy that they got an extra couple of games this weekend. I will now go away:o)
1) Then why are you listed on Burnsville website as a coach? :oops:
2) you absolutely did dismiss slash by saying it happens all the time. :shock:
3) Good Job! You called out a 15 year old that made a mistake. Depending on what the District decides he is facing the possiblity that he won't get to participate in a state tournament his last year of bantams. I think that will teach him a much more valuable lesson then you posting on a blog and trying to start a witch hunt, don't you?
4) Well isn't that just ironic? you jump to a conclusion that he will be suspended for 30 days and post it on this forum. The pot calling the kettle black?

No one has dismissed what he did was wrong. It was a very dangerous stupid bad play that the right call was made by ref's in assesing a match penalty, which will result in additional discipline . The kid will regret it for a very long time. Give it a rest
B-Ville Hockey Guy

MWS coach wrote:
1- not the coach
3) Good Job! You called out a 15 year old that made a mistake. Depending on what the District decides he is facing the possiblity that he won't get to participate in a state tournament his last year of bantams. I think that will teach him a much more valuable lesson then you posting on a blog and trying to start a witch hunt, don't you?
4) Well isn't that just ironic? you jump to a conclusion that he will be suspended for 30 days and post it on this forum. The pot calling the kettle black?

No one has dismissed what he did was wrong. It was a very dangerous stupid bad play that the right call was made by ref's in assesing a match penalty, which will result in additional discipline . The kid will regret it for a very long time. Give it a rest
I guess you have me on the Coach part. I am listed on the website as a coach. I was rostered so I could coach in a tourney when the young non parent coaches were at a wedding. I haven't been on the bench or practice except for a few times.

I will let it go but this is what is wrong with the world today IMO No cosequences for as you call it Stupid dangerous bad plays? At 15 you should be called out and have the consequence sting. I didn't Name the player either so he really wasn't called out.
MWS coach

Post by MWS coach »

MWS coach wrote:
B-Ville Hockey Guy wrote: 1- not the coach

I guess you have me on the Coach part. I am listed on the website as a coach. I was rostered so I could coach in a tourney when the young non parent coaches were at a wedding. I haven't been on the bench or practice except for a few times.

I will let it go but this is what is wrong with the world today IMO No cosequences for as you call it Stupid dangerous bad plays? At 15 you should be called out and have the consequence sting. I didn't Name the player either so he really wasn't called out.
No consequences? He was given a 5 minute penalty and a match penalty for which he will face further discipline under the context of the rules.

IMO this is what is wrong in today's electronic age. People feel compelled to publicize false information about a scenario. Additionally, not satisfied with authorized due process, but would prefer a public electronic flogging and witch hunt combined with their need to extract a pound of flesh in order to feel the consequences were sufficient. Disgusting.