2008-09 Scores

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

FrankThom wrote:
Chaska 3, Lakeville South 2
I think this score might be reversed.
Yes, this appears to be true - I've corrected above.
joehockey wrote:Interesting to read the Irondale box score - Gina McDonald 4 G and Meghan Lorence 3 G - 7 from one line is big not sure who other wing is or what she got? Alex Nelson had all 5 goals for Andover!
Reading the box score in the paper this morning, I also noticed it was McDonald + Lorence 7, Nelson 5. If you're an opposing coach, it becomes pretty obvious who you need to key in on when playing against either of these two teams!
MaxSnatch

Post by MaxSnatch »

joehockey wrote:Interesting to read the Irondale box score - Gina McDonald 4 G and Meghan Lorence 3 G - 7 from one line is big not sure who other wing is or what she got? Alex Nelson had all 5 goals for Andover!
Reading the box score in the paper this morning, I also noticed it was McDonald + Lorence 7, Nelson 5. If you're an opposing coach, it becomes pretty obvious who you need to key in on when playing against either of these two teams![/quote]

Nelson is definately a skilled player, but the reason she scored all the goals is because the rest of the team just kind of stands around and watches her. unfortunatly even when she is on the bench.
joehockey

Post by joehockey »

It is 6-1 after 2 periods for Stillwater over NSP. They have scored mostly PP goals on NSP.
joehockey

Post by joehockey »

Final Stillwater 7-2 over NSP

Shots were 49 -19 for Stillwater

Goals
1 - S Eder-Zdechlik
2- NSP Knudson
2 - S King PP
2 - S Dahl PP
2 - S Charpentier PP
2 - S Cartony
2 - S Dahl
3 - NSP Knudson
3 - Salomen
Thunderbird77

Post by Thunderbird77 »

MaxSnatch wrote:
Nelson is definately a skilled player, but the reason she scored all the goals is because the rest of the team just kind of stands around and watches her. unfortunatly even when she is on the bench.
What about Gilbert? Wasn't she an NDP Player -- the cream of the crop as far as MN Hockey is concerned?

It always amazes me when coaches allow the focus to be on a single player. On the surface, it may seem like the coach is doing this player a favor. In reality, it is the favored player that is hurt the most. These players tend to disappear when they get in an environment when they are on an even playing field -- such as this year's Elite league. They don't know how to play every aspect of the game, because they haven't practiced or been held accountable to play a team game. There is a lot more to it than just putting the puck in the net....The best players make those they play with better and make sure the opponent does not score when they are on the ice.

To be fair to the player, the focus does tend to be about who scored the goal. Look at the recent posts in this forum. When was the last time you saw a post about a pass/assist that without which the goal would not have been scored? Perhaps we should add a "sticky" titled "2008-2009 Assists"
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Thief River Falls 0
Bemidji 6
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Crookston 5
Brainerd/Little Falls 1
Bensonmum

Post by Bensonmum »

The MGHCA lists Roseville 5, Hibbing/Chisolm 0. And it has the shots on goal 77 to 9. Could this be right? I'll assume it's a typo until further review..... I know the Raiders will be flying high this year, but 77 shots in 51 minutes?
Bensonmum

Post by Bensonmum »

The 77 shots on goal has been confirmed. Wow.
joehockey

Post by joehockey »

Other Friday Scores
Cloquet 4 BSM 2
Grand Rapids 5 White Bear 4
Minnihaha Saints 6 Evelth 0
Prior Lake 8 Luverne 1
Roseau 5 Holy Angels 1
SSP 5 Dodge Co 1
Warroad 2 Minnetonka 1
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Thunderbird77 wrote:What about Gilbert? Wasn't she an NDP Player -- the cream of the crop as far as MN Hockey is concerned?
For Andover last year Gilbert had 50 points including 33 assists (mostly to Nelson who had 29 goals) so she definitely is an impact player who will figure in heavily as far as how Andover fares this year.
Thunderbird77 wrote:There is a lot more to it than just putting the puck in the net....The best players make those they play with better and make sure the opponent does not score when they are on the ice.
Coaches and knowledgeable hockey obvservers do notice the good plays made besides just who scores the goal, and realize that all of these add up to a team win. I agree that rarely is enough credit given to those who make these good plays but don't score a lot of goals.
Stillh2ofan

Post by Stillh2ofan »

Stillwater 5 C E C 2
joehockey

Post by joehockey »

Saturday Games

Austin 12, Waseca 0 F
Centennial 4, Elk River 2 F
Chaska 7, Bloomington Jefferson 1 F
Eagan 5, Lakeville South 0 F
Faribault 2, Mound-Westonka 1 F
Henry Sibley 2, Visitation/SPA 1 F
Hopkins 7, Shakopee 0 F
Mahtomedi 2, Minneapolis 2 F/OT
Minnehaha Academy 3, Babbitt-Embarrass 1 F
North St. Paul 2, Park of Cottage Grove 1 F
North Wright County 2, Spring Lake Park 0 F
Orono 3, Richfield 1 F
Roseau 3, Minnetonka 1 F
Rosemount 5, Apple Valley 2 F
Roseville 3, Grand Rapids/Greenway 2 F
Stillwater Area 5, Cloquet/Esko/Carlton 2 F
Tartan 2, Robbinsdale Cooper 1 F/OT
White Bear Lake 1, Hibbing/Chisholm 0 F
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Additional Saturday scores:

Blake 10, New Prague 0
Brainerd/Little Falls 2, East Grand Forks 1
Cambridge-Isanti/Mora 2, St. Francis 1
Coon Rapids 4, Champlin Park 3 OT
Crookston 5, Lake of the Woods 0
Eden Prairie 8, Bloomington Kennedy 0
Forest Lake 5, Chisago Lakes Area 1
Le Sueur/St. Peter 3, Luverne 2
Maple Grove 5, Andover 1
Minneapolis Novas 2, Mahtomedi 2
Proctor/Hermantown/Duluth Marshall 7, Irondale 2
Sartell/Sauk Rapids 4, Detroit Lakes 0
Woodbury 4, Simley 0
Bensonmum

Post by Bensonmum »

Roseville 3 GRG 2
Roseville 57 shots, GRG 14

2-Day total shots on goal for Roseville vs Hibbing/Chisolm (#8 Class A) and GRG (#6 Class AA) is 134 to 23. I can't wait to see the show when they get back in town.
joehockey

Post by joehockey »

So does anyone know who won these games on Saturday?

North Metro vs. Blaine
Lakeville North vs. Burnsville
Hastings vs. Eastview - 0-0?
Blake vs. New Prague
Holy Angels vs. Warroad
Last edited by joehockey on Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
joehockey

Post by joehockey »

MNHockeyFan wrote:Additional Saturday scores:
Proctor/Hermantown/Duluth Marshall 7, Irondale 2
I understand Irondale was missing Gina McDonald and a few other players for this game due to school trip - can anyone confirm?

That said I have heard some very good things about the strength of the Proctor.
Just4Fun

Post by Just4Fun »

joehockey wrote:So does anyone know who won these games on Saturday?

North Metro vs. Blaine
Blake vs. New Prague
Holy Angels vs. Warroad
Yep...

Hastings 0 Eastview 0 F/OT
laker9

scores

Post by laker9 »

The Irondale - PHM game was quite lobsided. McDonald and the goalie did not play for Irondale. PHM's starting goalie is hurt and did not pay either. Shots were 34-10. PHM used their 4th line and 5 and 6 D in the 3rd period after building a 7-0 lead after 2. At least 6 of the 10 shots came in the 3rd period after the outcome had already been decided. McDonald is a nice player but doubt she would have had much effect on the outcome. PHM isno doubt a top 10 and possibly top 5 team and people will see that as the year progresses. Their 1st line and top set of D match up with anyones.
joehockey

Re: scores

Post by joehockey »

laker9 wrote:The Irondale - PHM game was quite lobsided. McDonald and the goalie did not play for Irondale. PHM's starting goalie is hurt and did not pay either. Shots were 34-10. PHM used their 4th line and 5 and 6 D in the 3rd period after building a 7-0 lead after 2. At least 6 of the 10 shots came in the 3rd period after the outcome had already been decided. McDonald is a nice player but doubt she would have had much effect on the outcome. PHM isno doubt a top 10 and possibly top 5 team and people will see that as the year progresses. Their 1st line and top set of D match up with anyones.
Proctor appears to be huge, who is Proctor's top line and top set of D- they will be fun to watch!

Should be fun to see the Tuesday GRG vs. Duluth score.

As to Irondale after McDonald and Lorence combining for 7 goals on Thursday I think they make a big difference in any game and her absences I am sure was missed.
Last edited by joehockey on Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

North Metro vs. Blaine
Blake vs. New Prague
Holy Angels vs. Warroad
Joe,

Blake trounced New Prague 10-0 and Warroad easily handled Holy Angels 8-1.
Last edited by MNHockeyFan on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
chickendance

Post by chickendance »

This only game 2 or 3 on the schedule. I think we are still finding out who is for real in the polls at this point. PHM has a very nice team and I think they will be in the mix all year. But, I also think they have not been tested yet.
MNhockey24

Post by MNhockey24 »

North Metro vs. Blaine
Blake vs. New Prague
Holy Angels vs. Warroad
North Metro vs. Blaine was not played due to a scheduling conflict/error.
jumpstart

Post by jumpstart »

Bensonmum wrote:The MGHCA lists Roseville 5, Hibbing/Chisolm 0. And it has the shots on goal 77 to 9. Could this be right? I'll assume it's a typo until further review..... I know the Raiders will be flying high this year, but 77 shots in 51 minutes?
Don't believe it was a misprint. Shots in the WBL/Hibbing game were 61 to 7 and the score was 1 to 0. In two games, the Hibbing goalie faced 138 shots and made 132 saves. In watching the WBL/Hibbing game, I thought the shot count was somewhat generous, but probably fairly accurate. The Hibbing goalie did a great job of squaring up to the shot and anticipating each shot.
rmmaiv123

Post by rmmaiv123 »

yes lakeville north 4 burnsville 1