"Up for Grabs" and Section 8 A and AA knows it!

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

schwang17

Re: 7,381st post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~Elliott nails it

Post by schwang17 »

slapshooter wrote: =P~ :arrow: What's P-B [-o< Y got to say for hizself now? :arrow: Image
PB is a bit busy at the moment... :D

slapshooter

7,382nd post by SS since Feb 27th 2002~8A and AA knows it!~

Post by slapshooter »

=P~ :arrow: 2ImageImage7 & 2ImageImage8 Section 8A CHAMPIImageN WARRImageAD WARRIImageRS 2, East Grand Forks Green Wave 0 :arrow: :idea: Image :idea:

=P~ :arrow: SImageS :arrow: UNDEFEATED :arrow: 2ImageImage5 :arrow: Image
Fargo

Re: 7,382nd post by SS since Feb 27th 2002~8A and AA knows i

Post by Fargo »

slapshooter wrote:=P~ :arrow: 2ImageImage7 & 2ImageImage8 Section 8A CHAMPIImageN WARRImageAD WARRIImageRS 2, East Grand Forks Green Wave 0 :arrow: :idea: Image :idea:

But knot untied - Thanks to the late penalty and adding time back on the clock
Evcat99

Post by Evcat99 »

Irishmans Shanty wrote:Little has changed in a year. Thus is the banner that will head south.

United States of 8A and AA.

Roseau 6
Moorhead 1
FINAL

Warroad 2
East Grand Forks 0

I wouldn't mind this being the permanent Section 8 flag.
FINAL
SB24

Re: 7,382nd post by SS since Feb 27th 2002~8A and AA knows i

Post by SB24 »

Fargo wrote:
slapshooter wrote:=P~ :arrow: 2ImageImage7 & 2ImageImage8 Section 8A CHAMPIImageN WARRImageAD WARRIImageRS 2, East Grand Forks Green Wave 0 :arrow: :idea: Image :idea:

But knot untied - Thanks to the late penalty and adding time back on the clock
That's what happens when you tackle Oshie and lay on him for 15 seconds right in front of the net and the crowd is so loud that no one can hear the wistle, including the dude running the clock... :wink:
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Well its tournament time and the Section 8 Champions have been decided. We don't need this guy to tell us which way the wind is blowin', we just look to slappy. Congrats Rams and Warriors!
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Not a surprise that Dylan drops into hang out at slapshooter's party.

All the celebs do.

Plus, SS and Bob have a lot in common. Bob sang "the answer my friend is blowin in the wind"?

SS says its Up for Grabs.

Same thing.
SB24

Post by SB24 »

Oh but "the times, they are not a changin"

It seems "A hard rain's gonna fall" on DMarshall,
STA, Edina, BSM and all others who challenge 8A & AA,

For when they call for Champions, those teams will have to say:
"It ain't me babe"

It's Section 8 who's "Knockin on Heaven's Door" :!:
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

SB24 wrote:Oh but "the times, they are not a changin"

It seems "A hard rain's gonna fall" on DMarshall,
STA, Edina, BSM and all others who challenge 8A & AA,

For when they call for Champions, those teams will have to say:
"It ain't me babe"

It's Section 8 who's "Knockin on Heaven's Door" :!:
Not bad, SB....Not bad at all........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
slapshooter

7,383rd post by SS since Feb 27th 2002~103,200 plus views~

Post by slapshooter »

=P~ :arrow: Yeah, tryin' to outskate the Great Section 8 in the quarter finals will make the opposition feel like they are "TANGLED UP IN GLUE"! :arrow: Image

=P~ :arrow: SImageS :arrow: UNDEFEATED :arrow: 2ImageImage8
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Until they get down here and meet the metro Wonder Boys then they'll realize "Things Have Changed"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMZ7hJ9QI5o :lol: :lol: :lol:
SB24

Post by SB24 »

Those "citiots" will be singin the North Country Blues

when through a Simple Twist of Fate

their dreams are put to sleep by the Masters of War (or Hockey)

and they Ring Them Bells to end the tourny :!:
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Heres the deal and its really quite simple:

You can put on your flannel shirts and listen to Bob Dylan music all day long.

It wont change a thing.

The metro teams will prevail.

For Roseau and all of the other "out state" folks. You are "out of it"
No:It Wont Happen

Here is how elliott will look after Friday Night when his teams are all beat up by the Catholics and behemouth pagans.

And for those of you who havent met the guy, its an improvement
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

packerboy wrote:Heres the deal and its really quite simple:

You can put on your flannel shirts and listen to Bob Dylan music all day long.

It wont change a thing.

The metro teams will prevail.

For Roseau and all of the other "out state" folks. You are "out of it"
No:It Wont Happen

Here is how elliott will look after Friday Night when his teams are all beat up by the Catholics and behemouth pagans.

And for those of you who havent met the guy, its an improvement
We cover the mirrors at my house.
Good thing my wife has poor vision.
I can't even pet my own dog.
I fit in real well, at Halloween.

:( :( :( :(

'Poor, poor pitiful me....'

:D

Oh well, at least I have a nice smile.
:D :)
slapshooter

7,384th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002~103,333 plus views~

Post by slapshooter »

=P~ It's all "Up for Grabs" =P~
SImageS :arrow: Image
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Good old slapshooter is promotin section 8
Just like always, he thinks they're doin great

Whether its Warriors or Rams , he thinks that they are fine
Their opponents, they all lose and most in running time.

But pokin into Hornets nests can get a little tricky
Catholics and big publics can sting you in a jiffey

At this Lenten time things tend to look a little drab
But in the Holy City, hey, its all Up for Grabs
slapshooter

7,388th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002~103,555 plus views~

Post by slapshooter »

=P~ :arrow: Ready? :arrow: Image

Image :arrow: Lakeville South

Image :arrow: Edina

Image :arrow: Woodbury

Image :arrow: Hill-Murray

Image :arrow: Blaine

Image :arrow: Benilde-St. Margaret's

Image :arrow: Cloquet-Esko-Carlton

Image :arrow: Roseau

Image :arrow: Congratulations to all of these!

Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

Section 8 IMO is really one of the weakest. I'd even say it's worse than the southern one. Many teams in that section have a chance. But 8 is either Roseau or Moorhead all the way and has been nothing but for years. The other bad thing is it seems there's quite a bit of distance between the #1 and #2 seeds, like the drubbing in the final this year. They usually are not close.
Junior Samples

here we go again

Post by Junior Samples »

Nostalgic nerd
ImageImage :roll: Nostalgic Nerd
yahoo serious!
slapshooter

7,393rd post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~Champs of sect 8~

Post by slapshooter »

=P~ :arrow: During the last five State Tournaments section 8 has been in the CHAMPIONSHIP game 5 times and won the TITLE three of those five! :arrow: Image

=P~ :arrow: One of the two losses was a one goal game and the second loss was a screw job by the refs when they refused to count a perfectly good goal!! :arrow: ](*,)

=P~ :arrow: Instant replay was installed as a result! :arrow: :-k

Nostalgic Nerd

Re: 7,393rd post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~Champs of sect 8

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

slapshooter wrote:=P~ :arrow: During the last five State Tournaments section 8 has been in the CHAMPIONSHIP game 5 times and won the TITLE three of those five! :arrow: Image

I know, but the topic is "section 8", not how they do after the section. Plus, Roseau is the only winner in AA since '03. Section 8 has produced two really strong teams, but the rest of them aren't even in the same league. The remainder of the teams for the most part are "A" calibre IMO. Most of the games between the two studs turn out to be rather dull since they seem to trade good seasons with the not so good. Last years 1-0 is an exception, but 6-1 by Roseau was the closest this year. Not much competition. It's true the southern section is filled with a lot of crappy talent--but that's the point: there's balance unlike section 8. It isn't Roseau/Moorhead's fault. It's just crap.
slapshooter

7,394th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~sect 8 knows it~

Post by slapshooter »

Nostalgic Nerd wrote:
slapshooter wrote:=P~ :arrow: During the last five State Tournaments section 8 has been in the CHAMPIONSHIP game 5 times and won the TITLE three of those five! :arrow: Image

I know, but the topic is "section 8", not how they do after the section. Plus, Roseau is the only winner in AA since '03. Section 8 has produced two really strong teams, but the rest of them aren't even in the same league. The remainder of the teams for the most part are "A" calibre IMO. Most of the games between the two studs turn out to be rather dull since they seem to trade good seasons with the not so good. Last years 1-0 is an exception, but 6-1 by Roseau was the closest this year. Not much competition. It's true the southern section is filled with a lot of crappy talent--but that's the point: there's balance unlike section 8. It isn't Roseau/Moorhead's fault. It's just crap.
=P~ :arrow: No sir! :arrow: [-X

=P~ :arrow: The topic is :arrow: "Up for Grabs" and Section 8 A and AA knows it! :arrow: [-(

Nostalgic Nerd

Re: 7,394th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~sect 8 knows it~

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

slapshooter wrote:
Nostalgic Nerd wrote:

=P~ :arrow: The topic is :arrow: "Up for Grabs" and Section 8 A and AA knows it! :arrow: [-(

Representation? Sure then. But whatever you do, don't say it's a strong section.
slapshooter

7,395th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~sect 8 knows it~

Post by slapshooter »

Nostalgic Nerd wrote:
slapshooter wrote:
Nostalgic Nerd wrote: I know, but the topic is "section 8", not how they do after the section. Plus, Roseau is the only winner in AA since '03. Section 8 has produced two really strong teams, but the rest of them aren't even in the same league. The remainder of the teams for the most part are "A" calibre IMO. Most of the games between the two studs turn out to be rather dull since they seem to trade good seasons with the not so good. Last years 1-0 is an exception, but 6-1 by Roseau was the closest this year. Not much competition. It's true the southern section is filled with a lot of crappy talent--but that's the point: there's balance unlike section 8. It isn't Roseau/Moorhead's fault. It's just crap.

Representation? Sure then. But whatever you do, don't say it's a strong section.
=P~ :arrow: Why don't you give us your idea of what a "strong section" is! :arrow: :^o

Nostalgic Nerd

Re: 7,394th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~sect 8 knows it~

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

Nostalgic Nerd wrote:
slapshooter wrote:
Nostalgic Nerd wrote: I know, but the topic is "section 8", not how they do after the section. Plus, Roseau is the only winner in AA since '03. Section 8 has produced two really strong teams, but the rest of them aren't even in the same league. The remainder of the teams for the most part are "A" calibre IMO. Most of the games between the two studs turn out to be rather dull since they seem to trade good seasons with the not so good. Last years 1-0 is an exception, but 6-1 by Roseau was the closest this year. Not much competition. It's true the southern section is filled with a lot of crappy talent--but that's the point: there's balance unlike section 8. It isn't Roseau/Moorhead's fault. It's just crap.

Section 7 is continually considered the best because it's deep. Section 8 isn't deep. They happen to have two powerhouses, but the rest of the teams overwhelmingly do not beat them in sectionals. The two are usually in a cake walk to the final, and Roseau didn't have to face anyone this year. Yeah, they're undefeated. They're great. But the second best team in the conference this year is pretty mediocre. Though I think Roseau could win in almost all other sections still doesn't undermine the fact they didn't have to face anyone in the sections. Every once in a while St. Cloud might take Roseau to OT, but for the most part the two powers blow out their way to the section finals. (Even poor old Bemidji, who hasn't been to the tourney in 20-some years, left for A.) And even the finals aren't that interesting part of the time since one is usually on while the other is off. The rest of the teams are at best the calibre of Section 1, except the southern teams really don't have powerhouses to contend with, which is why it's a better overall section since all the crappies are in a free-for-all. In section 8 it's for certain Roseau/Moorhead will be at state. Section 1? Hell, it's free game! Nothing's for certain, hence why it's a more interesting section.

So you're right that section 8 is the best because it produced the best team--a state tournament champion. But it doesn't mean the overall section is competitive. I'm referring to AA, although TRF beats Warroad about once ever 50 years, haha.