Victory Sports

Jesrober

Victory Sports

Post by Jesrober »

I have heard that The gopher Hockey game on Saturday will be broadcast on Victory Sports a channel which I do not have and from what I understand many others dont either. My first question is why does no one have Victory Sports? And my second is does anyone know if Fox Sports Net will replay the Gopher game on saturday? Thanks for the help. <p></p><i></i>
sotaninrussia

Victory and FSN

Post by sotaninrussia »

A lot of towns dont have Victory because they want to charge towns the same price as they pay for ESPN and FSN...I dont know if that is true, but my brother lives in Duluth and they dont have because of that he says.<br>I think on www.uscho.com it has a TV schedule for the games...I thought it said the 'Sota N. Dame game was live on FSN though. <p></p><i></i>
fran

Re: Victory and FSN

Post by fran »

The Twins sure are making it easier to be a Cubs fan. <p></p><i></i>
Cornermukker

Post by Cornermukker »

What I understand of it is that it is not that they want to charge the towns more, but the cable providers.. Charter, Time Warner, and those companies do not want to pay the money for the service. Victory wants to charge 2.20 per each cable user from these cable companies.<br><br> For instance: Charter has about 270,000 users. To have Victory as a channel on Charter it would cost Charter, which would intern pass along the 2.20 to each cable user each month , just short of $600,000.00 per month . These cable companies do not want to add a service like this that will cost that much with less viewing product.<br><br>This is my understanding anyway... One other thing... Victory does not want it to be a pay per view option because they feel they will not get the revenues that way. <p></p><i></i>
scheids316

Post by scheids316 »

Cornermukker has hit the nail on the head. Its a complete joke the way they are running things at VSN, but what would you expect from a Carl Pohlad led company? That man is the spawn of Satan, and I wish he'd just die already. He's frickin 80 some years old, and he's still trying to milk insane amounts of money from the people of Minnesota. He's ruined the Twins, and now he thinks he has a right to charge the cable companies more than they pay for FSN and ESPN? Who the hell does this guy think he is?<br><br>Fortunately, I get Victory Sports at my parent's house outside of Fergus. Unfortunately, I will be working both Saturday and Sunday. <br><br>If you live in the metro area, hopefully you're 21, because it sounds like a select few bars will be your only option for viewing the games.<br><br>By the way, the information that said FSN will carry the games is incorrect. Victory got the rights from ESPN to carry the games. We all know that FSN and ESPN don't get along. <p>Scheids<br>(A legend in his girlfriend's mind.)</p><i></i>
packerboy

money makes the world go around

Post by packerboy »

We went through this crap about 15 years ago with Midwest Sports Channel. Now we have to go through it again. I dont get it. Absolutely no regard for the fan a/k/a the customer. <br><br>If I did business that way, I wouldnt have any customers. <br><br>I am not just blaming the networks and cable companies. What about the NCAA, the Gophers and whoever else has a say in the broadcast rights. <br><br>Before you sold the rights, couldnt you at least have the decency to make sure people would be able to watch the broadcast? <br><br>No regard for anything but the money. Pathetic. <p></p><i></i>
goldy313

Victory

Post by goldy313 »

Carl needs to get a clue, he is just creating more animosity toward himself and the Twins, nice way to get people behind a stadium push in the Legislature Carl you moron. The longer this drags out, the less I'll care about the Twins, heck I can see nearly every single Braves and Cubs game for FREE, know that Carl? First Chris Humphries, now Joe Mauer, thanks for taking us Minnesota sports fans for granted.<br><br>What makes it even more pathetic is FSN charges 1.70 per subscriber for the Wild, Wolves, Gopher hockey, and until this year the Twins. Victory wants 2.20 for the Twins, Gopher basketball, and the 20 hours of ESPN news which I already get.<br><br>ESPN (ABC) has the rights to the NCAA hockey tournament, though they only show the finals. They wouldn't let FOX have any games no matter the price. Maybe the problem was FOX getting MSC to begin with. <p></p><i></i>
ptown tigers

Re: Victory

Post by ptown tigers »

According to the Star Tribby, I believe it was Sundays edition. Victory offered all of the cable and dish companies the oppurtunity to carry the Ncaa hockey tourny games, FREE of CHARGE. But to date none of those companies have taken them up on that offer. Whats with that. <p>Good Teams Would be Nothin without Good Water.....</p><i></i>
nolookpassguy

Post by nolookpassguy »

According to the Mpls paper today, it looks like the Dish Network has agreed to carry the NCAA hockey games this weekend. The agreement with Victory is at no cost. I look at is kinda like a drug dealer giving the "product" to the "consumer" free the 1st time, just to get the person "hooked" knowing they will be coming back for more. Then you hit them up with the high prices. I have the Dish Network so I'm hopeful to see the games this week. I'm also hopeful that this whole situation can be worked out fairly & quickly so that everyone gets the opportunity to view the preferences in sports. I always have to remember, it is a business afterall. <p></p><i></i>
2AhockeyOldTimer

Post by 2AhockeyOldTimer »

Not only that, but for the people who do pay...They get to see some exciting high school action like they showed this past winter. Games like, Luverne vs. Marshall in high school hockey. Straight from the hockey hotbed of minnesota. <p></p><i></i>
WBLBEARS06

Post by WBLBEARS06 »

so let me get this straight, i cant watch the gophs and saturday unless i have VSN? <p></p><i></i>
Jesrober

Post by Jesrober »

This is driving me crazy, I have been watching Gopher games all year and now they are taking them away from me. Its bad enough Im not going to get to watch the twins this year now they take away the gopher games. Why don't people think before they make a new channel. Why not get people the channel before you start showing programs. Now victory sports just has a lot of pissed off hockey fans. Way to go idiots at victory sports It takes real geniuses to piss off a majority of the viewing public.<br><br>Just thought I would add this. If anyone would like to give victory sports a nicely worded email heres the address.<br>info@victorysports.com<br>Or give them a call at 612-661-3778<br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub33.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUser ... esrober</A> at: 3/23/04 7:10 pm<br></i>
Jesrober

Post by Jesrober »

Thats exactly what it means WBLBEARS06. Thanks to victory sports.<br> <p></p><i></i>
Whatwillwork

Post by Whatwillwork »

No it doesn't mean that. Call your Cable companies! Time Warner is going to show the games on Channel 311, you will only be able to see the Minnesota, UND, and UMD games. <br><br>Victory Sports is actually a good idea, they are just starting at a bad price and if the UM basketball team had been any good, this would have been settled by now. Once the Twins season starts I would expect this all to get settled, at least I hope. The Yankees network YES went a whole season without being able to be seen in NYC. <p></p><i></i>
puckster10

Post by puckster10 »

Anyone know if Comcast conceeded to show the games yet? If so which channel? <p>Puckster<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.wildpuck.com" target="top">www.wildpuck.com</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--></p><i></i>
Whatwillwork

Post by Whatwillwork »

Comcast is not on board yet, keep the pressure up. <p></p><i></i>
Froomcat

Revenues

Post by Froomcat »

I worked for 8 years for the Timberwolves and Vikings and to set the record straight, Twins ratings for the nearly 250 hours of programming they fill (80 + games x 3hours a game) are twice what the Wild or Timberwolves are.<br><br>FSN will be no where without the Twins. Wild ad revenues are lousy as are there ratings (they were not even very good last year). Although the Wolves are quite a bit higher, neither team can carry the Twins jock for ratings and fan interest.<br><br>The biggest reason the Twins and all of us should want Victory TO succeed, is that everybody yacks about any tax money under any circumstance going to teams, well this is a very fair way for the Twins to get more money to be more competive since they deserve it since their ratings and programming hours carry FSN currently.<br><br>I don't know what the total number of Wild and Wolves games on FSN this year will be, but it doesn't make them the #1 part of FSN.<br><br>What I'd like to see Pohlad do is get the WIld on Victory and let the Wolves fend for themselves since they get higher ratings than the Wild.<br><br>Just one man's thoughts<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Jesrober

Re: Revenues

Post by Jesrober »

That doesn't make any sense. Carl Pohlad is worth over 3 billion dollars and just wants to make more. Even if Victory sports succeeds there is no way he would use this money for the team. Think about it, he is worth over 3 billion and he barely spends any money on the team now, and wants taxpayers to pay for the stadium. Don't get me wrong I want a new twins stadium, but he should be able to pay some of his 3 billion to pay for it. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub33.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUser ... esrober</A> at: 3/23/04 9:12 pm<br></i>
Whatwillwork

Re: Revenues

Post by Whatwillwork »

So, he should run a charity? Business is about making money, like it or not, that's what it is all about. <p></p><i></i>
Jesrober

Charity

Post by Jesrober »

I didn't say that I'm just saying he is worth that much money and he doesnt put any money into the team or a new stadium now so why would he when he made money off victory sports, assuming he can get cable providers to pick it up. In fact I think victory sports is a good idea but went about it the wrong way. <p></p><i></i>
Jesrober

Gopher Game

Post by Jesrober »

For the viewers in Fargo-Moorhead as of this morning cableone is still trying to get the games this weekend. <p></p><i></i>
packerboy

greed

Post by packerboy »

I understand the concept of Victory Sports Network, I think. Instead of having the network pay the team a fee for the rights and then selling airtime to sponsors, the team becomes its own network and sells the airtime to sponsors. Its cutting out the middleman.<br><br>OK, great, that means more revenue for the team at no additional cost to the fans. But what is going on? Why cant that be executed? <br><br>I think because VSN wants more than just the additional revenue that will result in cutting out the midleman, they want subscriber fees which will be passed down to..... guess who? The fan who wants to see the game. <br><br>I understand that Pohlad isnt a charity nor should he have to be but finding another way to stick it to the baseball fan isnt where we ought to be. <br> <p></p><i></i>
Whatwillwork

So, what are you going to do?

Post by Whatwillwork »

Quit watching sports? This is going on all across the world, whether it be soccer, football or baseball. Whether you watch the game on tv, buy a ticket or buy a teams gear, you are part of the whole deal. Is it what I like to see? No, but I sure don't see myself not watching baseball either. <p></p><i></i>
gopherpuck316

Re: Victory Sports

Post by gopherpuck316 »

Does anyone know if Charter cable is going to be showing the games?<br> <p></p><i></i>
Jesrober

Re: Victory Sports

Post by Jesrober »

Check out the victory sports website. They have updated their site and have offered all cable and satelite companies the NCAA tournament for free. It names specificaly these companies Time Warner, Charter Communications, Midcontinent,and dish network.<br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.victorysports.com/article.php?id=76" target="top">www.victorysports.com/article.php?id=76</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>