Games Friday 11/30/18

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

elliott70

Games Friday 11/30/18

Post by elliott70 »

Centennial vs Roseau at Roseau 6:00 PM
Winona/Cotter vs La Crosse Aquinas (WI) at 7:00 PM

Wadena-Deer Creek vs Proctor at Proctor 7:00 PM
East Grand Forks vs Totino-Grace at Brooklyn Park 7:00 PM

Hermantown vs Wayzata at Wayzata 7:00 PM
Thief River Falls at St. Paul Johnson at Johnson 7:00 PM

Shakopee vs Providence Academy at Wayzata 7:00 PM
St. Michael-Albertville vs St. Francis at East Bethel 7:00 PM

Hibbing/Chisholm vs Bloomington Jefferson at Bloomington 7:00 PM
White Bear Lake vs Duluth East at Duluth East 7:00 PM

Grand Rapids vs Minnetonka at Minnetonka 7:00 PM
Monticello vs Pine City Area at Pine City 7:00 PM

Chisago Lakes Area vs Northern Lakes at Pequot Lakes 7:00 PM
East Ridge vs Owatonna at Owatonna 7:00 PM

Prairie Centre Area vs River Lakes at Richmond 7:15 PM
Luverne vs Minnesota River

Warroad vs St. Cloud Cathedral at St. Cloud MAC 7:15 PM
Duluth Marshall vs Rochester Century at Rochester Rec Center 7:15 PM

Crookston vs Sartell-St. Stephen at Sartell 7:30 PM
Mound Westonka/Watertown-Mayer vs Mankato East/Loyola at Mankato 7:30 PM

Chaska vs C-E-C at Cloquet 7:30 PM
Waconia vs St. Paul Highland Park/Central at Highland Park 7:30 PM
ZachHalverson

Re: Games Friday 11/30/18

Post by ZachHalverson »

I'm doing The Horn again for a seventh consecutive season with this Chad Olson fella.

White Bear Lake and Duluth East can be viewed live on TheHornWBL.com
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

ZachHalverson wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:30 am I'm doing The Horn again for a seventh consecutive season with this Chad Olson fella.

Zach, all White Bear home games or what is the schedule? Thx.
Be kind. Rewind.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

ZachHalverson wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:30 am I'm doing The Horn again for a seventh consecutive season with this Chad Olson fella.

The RED KNIGHT lives.....
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Games of the Day

Hermantown vs Wayzata at Wayzata 7:00 PM
White Bear Lake vs Duluth East at Duluth East 7:00 PM

Monticello vs Pine City Area at Pine City 7:00 PM
Luverne vs Minnesota River

Warroad vs St. Cloud Cathedral at St. Cloud MAC 7:15 PM
Chaska vs C-E-C at Cloquet 7:30 PM
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Hermantown at Wayzata
Wayz not at he top of AA but certainly a contender.
If Hermantown wins does this lend a hand in convincing admin to jump to AA?

DEast prove itself as #1 or at least #2 with a win
BUT more so does WBL show its hand and prove to be Section 4AA front runner?
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Interesting scores being posted.
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

EGF - 7 - 2 - TG :mrgreen:

Final,

Shots in favor of EGF 42 - 20.

TG led after 1 period 2 - 1.

It got very chippy at the end and TG ended up with several penalties late in the game.
What is a Green Wave anyway?
Upfan111

Post by Upfan111 »

Last I heard Chaska 4. CEC 0.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Duluth Marshall 7
Rochester Century 3

It was 1–1 when I got there at the start of the second period. Marshall had 4 shorthanded goals, 3 in the second period alone. Century outshot Marshall by about 10 but Marshall had far more quality shots.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Duluth East 6, White Bear Lake 3, Final (2 EN)

White Bear roared out to a 3-0 lead in the first four minutes of the game, then the Hounds got their legs under them, tied it up by the end of the 1st, and went up for good in the 3rd.

Lots of early season tinkering and both teams had players out. East certainly has good depth, as Logan Anderson stood out and Charlie Erickson scored twice; Randolph also moved Donovan away from his linemates at the start (Baker and Lyle) in the 3rd. After the rocky start, Lukan Hanson settled in and played quite well in goal. Beyond that, depth on D will be key: Hunter Paine also missed the first period for East before coming back into the lineup, and the effect was obvious.

White Bear was tough and played a good, disciplined game. They don't have the flashy talent of a year ago, but they can skate with just about anyone and should be right there in 4AA. Their stock went up some in my book after seeing them.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

TT Puck

Sorry we didn’t get chance to meet

Egf looks like 8a Champ , team very deep

Mack hatty, Parker looks 100 pc
Last edited by WestMetro on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

elliott70 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:07 pm Interesting scores being posted.
No kidding. I double-checked several of the scores to make sure I was reading them correctly. The two 6A vs. 8A matchups particularly caught my eye, with Warroad and Crookston being taken behind the woodshed.
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

goldy313 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:52 pm Duluth Marshall 7
Rochester Century 3

It was 1–1 when I got there at the start of the second period. Marshall had 4 shorthanded goals, 3 in the second period alone. Century outshot Marshall by about 10 but Marshall had far more quality shots.
Thanks for the summary. I was wondering what the heck happened for that game to get so out of hand.
ThatMNHockeyGuy62

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 »

Upfan111 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:49 pm Last I heard Chaska 4. CEC 0.
Choppy stream but from what I saw Hawks seemed to control play other than a few great forechecks by CEC’s #1 line and the last half of the 3rd period when Chaska took a few penalties and CEC pushed. Koster played and seemed to look at least mostly healthy, albeit a bit conservative on rushing the puck.

Two puzzling teams in purple.
mnmouth

Post by mnmouth »

karl(east) wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:03 pm Duluth East 6, White Bear Lake 3, Final (2 EN)

White Bear roared out to a 3-0 lead in the first four minutes of the game, then the Hounds got their legs under them, tied it up by the end of the 1st, and went up for good in the 3rd.

Lots of early season tinkering and both teams had players out. East certainly has good depth, as Logan Anderson stood out and Charlie Erickson scored twice; Randolph also moved Donovan away from his linemates at the start (Baker and Lyle) in the 3rd. After the rocky start, Lukan Hanson settled in and played quite well in goal. Beyond that, depth on D will be key: Hunter Paine also missed the first period for East before coming back into the lineup, and the effect was obvious.
White Bear was tough and played a good, disciplined game. They don't have the flashy talent of a year ago, but they can skate with just about anyone and should be right there in 4AA. Their stock went up some in my book after seeing them.
Very sloppy contest with little sustained flow, mainly due to very few passes connecting and whistle after whistle after whistle stopping play. Had 1st game written all over it for both teams. I barely noticed Donovan in the 1st period, more so as the game went on, but aside from a few clever passes into a clogged slot and some offensive zone puck control (that often went nowhere), he disappointed. Agree with Karl that Randolph was constantly shuffling lines, particularly after the 1st period. Anderson and Lyle had some chemistry in one such combination. Some excellent net-crashing got them back in the game after the 3-0 deficit, and a win is a win, but East was not a top 5 team last night.
That guy for that thing

Post by That guy for that thing »

mnmouth wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:15 am
karl(east) wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:03 pm Duluth East 6, White Bear Lake 3, Final (2 EN)

Very sloppy contest with little sustained flow, mainly due to very few passes connecting and whistle after whistle after whistle stopping play. Had 1st game written all over it for both teams. I barely noticed Donovan in the 1st period, more so as the game went on, but aside from a few clever passes into a clogged slot and some offensive zone puck control (that often went nowhere), he disappointed. Agree with Karl that Randolph was constantly shuffling lines, particularly after the 1st period. Anderson and Lyle had some chemistry in one such combination. Some excellent net-crashing got them back in the game after the 3-0 deficit, and a win is a win, but East was not a top 5 team last night.
Last night was WBL's 3rd game of the season, starting 2-0 with wins against East Ridge and Park of Cottage Grove. East also has its #1 D not playing in the first. So that first period was going to be a mismatch. These 2 team tied last season in WBL and both teams lost significant talent, Worth, Mageau, Lamaster for DE and Jenrich, Carrol Hamstead, and Galatin who was a freshman.

Interesting to see how WBL does tomorrow against Cloquet who got beat by a rebounding Chaska team. DE going down to Wayzata to play a Warriors team who beat Htown last night in OT. We will see how these two teams do against good competition when they are both ready and up to speed.
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

WestMetro wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:07 pm TT Puck

Sorry we didn’t get chance to meet

Egf looks like 8a Champ , team very deep

Parker looks 100 pc
I did not make it to this game.
I watched a live stream on the YHH. :roll:

We will see how they do this afternoon in St. Cloud.
I believe that Landon has 2 goals in 2 games now.
But it was the Tanner Mack show last night.
I have to say that TG's first line was pretty good and they have a couple of very big d-men.
What is a Green Wave anyway?
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Eagles were outmanned in this one , but had their chances to stay in game If it weren’t for a couple defensive zone errors resulting in Wave goals, and undisciplined Eagles offsides on odd man rushes

Sizewise , Eagles intransfer from Rosemount forward Kyle Heffron is now 6.5 and 230 with good speed and got the first goal. Would be easy to mistake him fir a kid named Donovan, if he had a Deast uni on , although he is still well behind Ryder talent wise and total game . Will be interesting to see how things unfold with his progress and D1 interest . Great family!

Yes , I’m figuring this Wave team will give SCC a good game , they were very impressive Friday
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Sad news from the Brinks last night about Tonka JV son Joe . Looks like will be a full but long recovery . A great Minnesota hockey family . Have a good thought for them !

https://mobile.twitter.com/andybrink5?lang=en
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

WestMetro wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:41 pm Sad news from the Brinks last night about Tonka JV son Joe . Looks like will be a full but long recovery . A great Minnesota hockey family . Have a good thought for them !

https://mobile.twitter.com/andybrink5?lang=en
Wow, that's horrible news, but I'm thankful it wasn't worse. Thanks for posting.