PeeWees

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

goaliedad31

PeeWees

Post by goaliedad31 »

Here is YHH's take on the PeeWees this year. Thoughts?

http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/news_arti ... _id=967184
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

I'd say overall its a pretty good take.

It will be interesting to see if OMG and Andover are still as small as they were in Squirts two years ago. If they are, will that bring them back to the pack a bit in the PeeWee game which is a bit more physical? Tony appears to think Rosemount will slip a tad from Squirts....probably based on a so so outing at Velocity and some things he saw at the PeeWee Challenge.

While I don't see any chance they will be the juggernaut the few classes above them are, I'd think Edina has a chance to be better than #6, but you won't know until you see what their combined team looks like.

Other teams that I think could be in the top 10 at some point during the year would be Cloquet, Warroad and Blaine.

It should be a fun year at PeeWees with things likely being a bit more wide open than they have been the past two seasons.
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

What are people seeing out there as PeeWee games have begun to ramp up?
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

FL went up north. played Herm/Cloquet/East. All are good peewee teams. Lost all three. Herm 3-1/cloquet 4-1/east 7-2. Wheels fell off vs East. section 7 hockey at the pee-wee level. Great folks up there. Thanks to coaches Biondi/Langenbrenner/Locker for having us !!!
MWS coach

Post by MWS coach »

Minneapolis is for real, very fast, size and execute very well. Goaltending appears to be strong as well. They will challenge the three teams ahead of them on this list, especially Andover and OMG due to size difference. D6/3 will be very strong this year. Oh wait, it always is!

Blaine is a sleeper not on this list, yes they have the two brothers as nice additions which are both great players, but the team is also very heavily weighted as an older team as they have a very large number of '01 players. Do the addition of the two younger players compensate for the departure of a couple of older players? Time will tell, but I think this is a team that will be around when the dust settles in March.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

WBL 3-FL 0 EN.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

I j heard Blaine/Mpls/WBL look strong up in Moorehead. Yes Edina as well.
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

Bump. PeeWees seems to be wide open. What are people seeing out there?
massalsa

Saw some teams play in Hopkins Tourney...

Post by massalsa »

Peewee A is what I have seen lately. Orono is strong, Hornet is strong (er) with their 2 goal win against them. Johnson/Como/No St Paul was not as impressive to me as Orono but due to the 12 team format made the final 4 and finished 2nd to Edina. Orono rolled thru the "consolation" or 5-8th place bracket destroying everyone they played the whole tourney by 5 goals (other than Edina).
JSR

Post by JSR »

I see a kid managed to buck the political trend that I hear so much about and moved into Edina from southern WI this past summer and made the Edina Pee Wee AA team. Nice to see a kid get a fair shot despite not ever being part of the "program" before....