Tournament of Champions - Midwest Region

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Snap Happy

Tournament of Champions - Midwest Region

Post by Snap Happy »

01/30/2014, 4:15pm CST By Minnesota Hockey
State Champions From Peewee A & AA To Compete Against Champions From Midwest
St. Paul, MN – January 30, 2014 – Minnesota Hockey today announced it will send the Minnesota Hockey State Champions at the Peewee AA and Peewee A levels to Madison, Wisconsin to compete against State Champions from around the Midwest in the Tournament of Champions - Midwest Region. Champions from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Missouri, Illinois, Michigan, Mid American and North Dakota will be taking part in the tournament being held March 28 – 30, 2014.

Minnesota Hockey’s Peewee AA champion will face off against Tier 1 champions from the other USA Hockey affiliates. The Peewee A champion will go up against Tier II champions. The goal of the tournament is to offer a USA Hockey National Tournament atmosphere and a competitive environment without extensive travel and loss of school days. The tournament will be played in a Round Robin format, with each participant guaranteed three games.

“This is an exciting opportunity for our youth state champions to compete against some of the best teams from other states in the Mid-West”,” said Dave Margenau, President of Minnesota Hockey. “We are extremely proud of our state champions and looking forward to providing this opportunity to for them to compete.”

Should a Minnesota Hockey state champion not be able to attend the tournament, the state runner-up would then be invited. The third place team would be the next team invited should neither team be able to attend.

The Minnesota Hockey Youth State Tournaments will take place at locations across the state during the weekend of March 14 – 16. The Peewee AA tournament will take place in Thief River Falls, and the Peewee A tournament will be played in Crookston. Minnesota Hockey’s Drive to State is powered by Select Heartland Chevy Dealers.

More details about the Peewee Regional Tournament will be released in the coming weeks.

Note: Team wills be responsible for covering the expenses associated in participation including tournament fees, transportation, lodging, etc.
Snap Happy

Post by Snap Happy »

Anyone heard anything else on this? I couldn't find much on the interweb...
JSR

Post by JSR »

Snap Happy wrote:Anyone heard anything else on this? I couldn't find much on the interweb...
This is the first I have heard of this?
JSR

Post by JSR »

I just found this:

http://www.wahahockey.com/scripts/State ... _tourn.php

Oddly, I have no idea who "Team Wisconsin" is at this age group???
Snap Happy

Post by Snap Happy »

JSR wrote:I just found this:

http://www.wahahockey.com/scripts/State ... _tourn.php

Oddly, I have no idea who "Team Wisconsin" is at this age group???
I saw that too. A few hours ago they actually had some scores already posted -- a day earlier than scheduled to play...
Snap Happy

Post by Snap Happy »

iseepalms

Post by iseepalms »

Snap Happy,
Those are not scores those are lockeroom assignments. Come on really!!!!
Survey

Post by Survey »

Anyone have the Pee Wee AA site? That looks to be just A
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

Cancelled the Tier 1 portion Monday evening. Belle Tire and Mission said "No Thanks"... not sure about the others... But they "Round filed" the weekend's plans...
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

JSR wrote:
Snap Happy wrote:Anyone heard anything else on this? I couldn't find much on the interweb...
Your a Hockey puck, AND YOU LIVE IN MADISON! Imagine about how far in the dark the others who don't actually live there are.... Glad Sun Prairie got the rink built... but some more proactive Tournament preparation would be a good thing... Like Maybe tell the teams who qualify for starters?
JSR

Post by JSR »

fastncrash wrote:
JSR wrote:
Your a Hockey puck, AND YOU LIVE IN MADISON! Imagine about how far in the dark the others who don't actually live there are.... Glad Sun Prairie got the rink built... but some more proactive Tournament preparation would be a good thing... Like Maybe tell the teams who qualify for starters?
To be fair to me I don't have a kid in this age group so it's not like I was intentionally looking for Pee Wee stuff.... that said your point is valid though, if guys like us haven't even heard of this then who has????

Side note, the Sun Prairie rink really is a fantastic facility though :wink:
Snap Happy

Post by Snap Happy »

iseepalms wrote:Snap Happy,
Those are not scores those are lockeroom assignments. Come on really!!!!
I saw the locker room assignments too doofus.
JSR

Post by JSR »

AMERICAN NATIONAL
FALCONS (IL) / SEAWOLVES (ND)
AFFTON (MO) / HIGHLAND CENTRAL (MN)
HUSKIES (IL) / TEAM WI

GAME /DATE / TIME / RINK / HOME / VISITOR
1 Mar 28 6:00 pm Cardinal - FALCONS (IL) 3 SEAWOLVES (ND) 2
2 Mar 28 6:15 pm Tubbs - HUSKIES (IL) 6 TEAM WI 3
3 Mar 28 8:00 pm Cardinal - AFFTON (MO) 5 HIGHLAND CENTRAL (MN) 8
4 Mar 29 8:00 am Cardinal - TEAM WI 3 AFFTON (MO) 4
5 Mar 29 8:15 am Tubbs - SEAWOLVES (ND) 3 HUSKIES (IL) 2