Freshman (2012)

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hocktang

Freshman (2012)

Post by hocktang »

any incoming freshman (2012) to watch on varsity?
DANCINHOCKEYDAD

Post by DANCINHOCKEYDAD »

Katie Johnson (Anoka) and Johnna Curtis (Elk River) both are goal scorers.
Silent But Deadly

Freshman

Post by Silent But Deadly »

Prentice Basten from Buffalo should be effective.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

My vote has to go for Dani Cameranesi.

She will be playing for Blake(?) this year - Even though she will be a 8th grader, she is good and I would rank her the top "rookie" to break onto the Girls High School scene. Played PWA for Wayzata last year
titleist

Post by titleist »

that coaches kid from GRG doesn't suck... :wink:
Melvin44

Post by Melvin44 »

I like our girl from WBL Sam Hanson. Great player who's big, quick, has a nice shot and can play great D.
hockeyheaven

Post by hockeyheaven »

I also like Illikainen, Curtis and Cameranesi (technically not a 2012 grad as stated) Others….Hannah Brandt – Hill Murray, (I like that you included a Defensemen, Melvin44 which are always over looked). Other D, Clair Shaw – Woodbury, Alli Rolandelli – Hopkins, Sam LaShomb – So. St. Paul
joehockey

Post by joehockey »

Here is a group of 2012 who have already logged some Varsity time and could have big seasons and impact on their teams results this year.

McMillan at Breck was an impact forward in 7th grade and last year in 8th at D - as a 9th grader this year she will be starting her third HS season and will be a key player for Breck.

Allen the goalie at Roseville will be a key to the sucess they achieve this year.

Bruchu at HM and Hews (sp?) at Stillwater are two other D who logged a lot of time as 8th graders and return as 9th graders.

Zepeda a forward at HM played on 3rd and 4th lines last year in 8th grade for HM but could really step up this year with HM planning to go to 3 lines she will log more ice time. She is tall (5'9") with great reach and has speed.
Stillh2ofan

Post by Stillh2ofan »

Caitlin Hewes is a Sophmore.
hockeyheaven

Post by hockeyheaven »

In referencing goalies, I believe her name is Erica Hanson from Centennial. Looked very good during the OS fall league. Not sure if she is a 2011 or 2012.
hockeya1a

Post by hockeya1a »

hockeyheaven wrote:In referencing goalies, I believe her name is Erica Hanson from Centennial. Looked very good during the OS fall league. Not sure if she is a 2011 or 2012.
She is a Sophmore 2011
Melvin44

Post by Melvin44 »

Great list everyone. All great players.
observer

Post by observer »

I heard McMillen isn't in school at Breck. True? Rumor?
northshore guy

Post by northshore guy »

There are a few young players in Shakopee- didn't make a huge impact but were very solid when called upon.

Anna Kubes was one of their top D and F's Riley Siddorn and Abbey Leffler were pretty good. I heard Leffler played well in the advanced 15's this summer.

They do have some very talented 8th graders coming up in Amy Menke and Lauren Hespenheide from the U12A state cahmpionship team last year.
nmnhockeydad

Incoming Freshman

Post by nmnhockeydad »

Nikki Logergren, Duluth Northern Stars
hocktang

Post by hocktang »

observer wrote:I heard McMillen isn't in school at Breck. True? Rumor?
McMillen is back at Breck since she scored a hat-trick against Eagan on Tuesday.
Game Misconduct

Post by Game Misconduct »

Nikki Loggergren for Duluth... Currently on top line with two seniors. She is one to keep an eye on.
hockeygiant18

Post by hockeygiant18 »

Sam Olson. Bloomington Kennedy. Starting varsity, #1 goalie in state for saves as of right now.
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

hockeygiant18 wrote:Sam Olson. Bloomington Kennedy. Starting varsity, #1 goalie in state for saves as of right now.
And half of the teams in the state haven't played yet. :roll:
Bensonmum

Deleted

Post by Bensonmum »

Deleted
Last edited by Bensonmum on Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hockeya1a

Post by hockeya1a »

Bensonmum wrote::oops: These 'Best Of...' threads are always embarassing, if you know what I mean. :oops:
Ouch!! :wink:
hockeyheaven

Post by hockeyheaven »

Bensonmum wrote::oops: These 'Best Of...' threads are always embarassing, if you know what I mean. :oops:
No, to be honest I don’t know what you mean. The forum is vehicle for open discussion, opinions and the sharing of information. What I find really embarrassing is why these seemingly innocent entries appear to really bother some people. One person posted a question and others replied nothing more, nothing less.

The players mentioned obviously did something worthy enough to elicit someone else to take notice and then make mention. It’s all good. Where is the shame? Why the bitterness?
Last edited by hockeyheaven on Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ghshockeyfan

Post by ghshockeyfan »

I'm guilty of having started some of these "best of" threads over the years I guess - sometimes to help promote players that I thought deserved some recognition even if I was their coach, coached them in the offseason, knew their family, or whatever... I don't see a problem with this as any of our opinions will be archived here and if anyone cares I suppose they can look back and see how these "predictions" turned out over time. Would be interesting to look back now and see how some of those older threads turned out actually... But many of those players (and their fans and those that added their names) likely have moved on now to the college game (or should have in theory)...
Sharkman

more freshman

Post by Sharkman »

ghshockeyfan wrote:I'm guilty of having started some of these "best of" threads over the years I guess - sometimes to help promote players that I thought deserved some recognition even if I was their coach, coached them in the offseason, knew their family, or whatever... I don't see a problem with this as any of our opinions will be archived here and if anyone cares I suppose they can look back and see how these "predictions" turned out over time. Would be interesting to look back now and see how some of those older threads turned out actually... But many of those players (and their fans and those that added their names) likely have moved on now to the college game (or should have in theory)...
I watched girl form Elk River. Her name is Johnna Curtis.Freshman. One of the most complete dynamic kids I have seen in awhile. Incredible vision, speed, puck control and one of the more prolific 1 on 0 goal scores i have seen. She doesn,t seem to get much press. Watch this one. Like to have her on our team.

Anotherr one to watch for is Ejder Zjdelek from Stillwater also one to watch . Speedster with good hands.
Freshman
hockeywild7

Post by hockeywild7 »

I agree Eder Zdelick from Stillwater is fun to watch