ARod

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

pacman

ARod

Post by pacman »

Has Opted Out of his contract, now that begs the question, Where Does he go?
east hockey
Site Admin

Re: ARod

Post by east hockey »

pacman wrote:Has Opted Out of his contract, now that begs the question, Where Does he go?

Milwaukee! Image

Seriously, to a big market team which can afford to pay him what he's worth; Mets, Red Sox, Angels come to mind. Dodgers, possibly.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
pacman

Post by pacman »

that would be awesome if he went to milluwakee but i see him going to the Cubs.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Funny how it was conveniently announced during the clinching game of the World Series, so Joe Buck spends the last 3 innings yammering about A-Rod. I'm no fan of the Red Sox, but have a little respect. Some ego on that guy.

A-Rod = A-Hole.
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

Peter Gammons talked about it last night and Mike and Mike regurgitated it this morning but they are all right on, what is ARod announcing this for on the night of the WS clinching game?

The lust for attention and respect by people and organizations today has become an epidemic. Lebron did it with his Yankees hat a few weeks ago. Notre Dame does it by announcing a hiring or firing in the midst of New Years Day bowl action. You see it on a tackle for no gain with 58 minutes remaining on the clock. You even see it on a daily basis on forum main stage as some of the friskier posters plead their case for their percieved due.

Where did we take a wrong turn?
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

I think Boras is the egomaniac here. I can't think of an agent who has hurt the game more.
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

But why give it airtime?

We all tuned in to watch the game, not for an ARod update.

Buck did put in the context of "what about Boston next year' but it was not necessary to bring it up.

IS asks "where did we go wrong".

We keep lapping it up. We keep consuming it so they keep feeding it to us.

How many hits will the ARod story links get today? Billions and billions no doubt. (sorry Carl Sagan)

Thats the problem.
Irishmans Shanty

With me not being a producing/reporting member of the media or a person of any public importance whatsoever, I'm relieved to know I haven't fueled this fire.

Peter Gammons, espn news, FOX broadcaster Joe Buck and anyone who was interviewing or snapping pictures of Terrell Owens as he lifted weights in his driveway as a Philadelphia Eagle is to blame.
Wild4hockey

Post by Wild4hockey »

I found it somewhat annoying that Boras and Arod would try to upstage the World Series. It did come as a shock, I was expecting to hear something on the 10th day.

My best guess tells me he will end up in San Francisco. With Bonds gone, the Giants have the money and would love to have a star like Arod in their organization.
rbkhockey

Post by rbkhockey »

Govs 93, its not A rod=A hole. its more like A rod=best player in the game. (by a long shot)
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

rbkhockey wrote:Govs 93, its not A rod=A hole. its more like A rod=best player in the game. (by a long shot)
Is he?

He puts up stats... unless it's the postseason. He's a proven loser. Couldn't win with Griffey & Randy Johnson in Seattle, couldn't win in Texas with Ivan Rodriguez, Rafael Palmiero and Mark Teixiera, and couldn't win in NY with Jeter, Rivera, Sheffield, Posada, etc.

He's clearly put himself above the team everywhere he's been, and the damage it causes is clear - the guy has never set foot on a World Series diamond. In fact, he's never even come close. He's been to one ALCS, and that's probably because they were fortunate enough to run into the Twins in the ALDS... they were promptly smacked around by the Angels in the ALCS.

If my concern was winning games over selling tickets (and I don't believe there's an owner who is by the way... I'm just saying), I wouldn't let this guy anywhere near my team.
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Govs93 wrote:
rbkhockey wrote:Govs 93, its not A rod=A hole. its more like A rod=best player in the game. (by a long shot)
Is he?

He puts up stats... unless it's the postseason. He's a proven loser. Couldn't win with Griffey & Randy Johnson in Seattle, couldn't win in Texas with Ivan Rodriguez, Rafael Palmiero and Mark Teixiera, and couldn't win in NY with Jeter, Rivera, Sheffield, Posada, etc.

He's clearly put himself above the team everywhere he's been, and the damage it causes is clear - the guy has never set foot on a World Series diamond. In fact, he's never even come close. He's been to one ALCS, and that's probably because they were fortunate enough to run into the Twins in the ALDS... they were promptly smacked around by the Angels in the ALCS.

If my concern was winning games over selling tickets (and I don't believe there's an owner who is by the way... I'm just saying), I wouldn't let this guy anywhere near my team.
They didn't win in Appleton either when he was there :lol:
fighting all who rob or plunder
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

tomASS wrote:
Govs93 wrote:
Is he?

They didn't win in Appleton either when he was there :lol:
Well there ya go! =D>
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

If only I could find that Rattlers baseball cap he signed for one of my boys back then, I could make a few bucks off AHole
Where did I put that dang thing! #-o
fighting all who rob or plunder
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Justice will be served if I-Hole and Boras have to sign for 50% of what he made in NY.
theref

Post by theref »

Neutron 14 wrote:Justice will be served if I-Hole and Boras have to sign for 50% of what he made in NY.
Wouldn't it be great if all the owners decided to do that to the punk. He is a great ball player, but I think he's also a cancer like Terrell Owens. It's always got to be about A-Rod. I'm glad the Yankees are going to chase him.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Neutron 14 wrote:Justice will be served if I-Hole and Boras have to sign for 50% of what he made in NY.
In some sick way, I almost hope he can double what he would've made in NY. Hopefully he'll sign for some obscene amount beyond what everybody's already anticipating, so it will cause enough outrage in the league to prompt some sort of salary cap or maximum player salaries. The MLB Luxury Tax is clearly a joke.

Maybe since they won't get him back, the Yankees will even start bitching... MLB and the MLBPA would have to listen then.
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

If we do rock , paper, scissors to choose up sides, and I win, I take ARod.

How can a baseball player be selfish? What? Doesnt he throw the ball back? When its hit to third does he refuse to throw it to first or something?

Cancer on the team? They have made it to the playoffs every year and have won about 400 games with him.

He plays 155-162 games every year for them. He must have hit 175 HRs in his 4 seasons there.

Last year, 2006, in an "off" season he hits .300, 35 Hrs and 125 RbIs and they want Jeter to be the league MVP. Ah....what?

His postseason numbers dont match his regular season but they are a long way from bad.

ARod has a very good chance at being the best hitter since Ruth.

Ill take him.

The salaries are crazy but whose fault is that?
Irishmans Shanty

Govs93 was a tremendous hockey player at the conclusion of his junior year, afterall he was just named "metro player of the year". However, he had an unspecified falling out with his Eastside community and decided he needed to move on for his senior year. As a stand for humanity, high school hockey GM's representing the elite programs of the state shunned Govs93 and offered up deals that were far below his market price. Then one day, the GM of an unknown, oft forgotten, obscure section 8A school ponied up a deal that outweighed any to date, though it was still considered a bargain. Just as Govs93 was going to walk up the plank and be fitted for a "puffy shirt", in came a slightly better offer from another 8A school boasting the finest HS hockey facility in the state. Now the bidding war begins and out of fear of a shift in the world order, the stand against humanity ends, and Govs93 leads Moorhead to another state runner-up finish during his senior year.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Excellent Shanty!

I woulda liked to see him in that "puffy shirt"....
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Irishmans Shanty wrote:
Govs93 was a tremendous hockey player at the conclusion of his junior year, afterall he was just named "metro player of the year". However, he had an unspecified falling out with his Eastside community and decided he needed to move on for his senior year. As a stand for humanity, high school hockey GM's representing the elite programs of the state shunned Govs93 and offered up deals that were far below his market price. Then one day, the GM of an unknown, oft forgotten, obscure section 8A school ponied up a deal that outweighed any to date, though it was still considered a bargain. Just as Govs93 was going to walk up the plank and be fitted for a "puffy shirt", in came a slightly better offer from another 8A school boasting the finest HS hockey facility in the state. Now the bidding war begins and out of fear of a shift in the world order, the stand against humanity ends, and Govs93 leads Moorhead to another state runner-up finish during his senior year.
Gee that makes him the 1st place loser :lol:
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
Irishmans Shanty wrote:
Gee that makes him the 1st place loser :lol:
You sound like Mrs. Govs.
rbkhockey

Post by rbkhockey »

ok, he hasnt won a world series. Has santana? hunter? sizemore? reyes? ya they arent better than a rod but are in the top 25 players overall your making it sound like its a rods fault for not getting his team to the world series. but if its his fault it must be cuz he carried the team there in the first place