The Tim Brewster Era

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

dangla.

The Tim Brewster Era

Post by dangla. »

Officially begins September 1st at the dome against Bowling Green.

What are your thoughts about Brewster. Are we going to be in the top 25 or what SI said 0-8 in the big ten and 4-8 overall
HockeyRocks1

Brewster

Post by HockeyRocks1 »

He's done more in 6 months then Mason the Fake did in all the years here. This will be a good football team in two years. There will be no more disappointing blowouts under TB's rule.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Brewster publicly said we'd be going to the Rose Bowl sometime in the next 4 years. So, if that's going to happen, we better be at least over .500 this year.
Govs93

Re: Brewster

Post by Govs93 »

HockeyRocks1 wrote:He's done more in 6 months then Mason the Fake did in all the years here. This will be a good football team in two years. There will be no more disappointing blowouts under TB's rule.
We'll see... circle 10/27/07 at The Big House before we start claiming "no blowouts".
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

Govs93 wrote:
HockeyRocks1 wrote:He's done more in 6 months then Mason the Fake did in all the years here. This will be a good football team in two years. There will be no more disappointing blowouts under TB's rule.
We'll see... circle 10/27/07 at The Big House before we start claiming "no blowouts".
I would probably keep an eye on these as well.

9/29 OSU

11/10 @Iowa

11/17 Wisconsin
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Irishmans Shanty wrote:
Govs93 wrote:

9/29 OSU

11/10 @Iowa

11/17 Wisconsin
Agreed... I saw the OSU one in particular, but sight unseen, I gave him the benefit of the doubt that they might be able to keep it relatively competetive in the Dome. I'm not completely convinced of that either though - you're right.
dangla.

Post by dangla. »

iowa?? dont we have Floyd of Rosedale??
Irishmans Shanty

Govs93 wrote:
Irishmans Shanty wrote:
Govs93 wrote: We'll see... circle 10/27/07 at The Big House before we start claiming "no blowouts".

9/29 OSU

11/10 @Iowa

11/17 Wisconsin
Agreed... I saw the OSU one in particular, but sight unseen, I gave him the benefit of the doubt that they might be able to keep it relatively competetive in the Dome. I'm not completely convinced of that either though - you're right.
For many years I thought the dome was a homefield advantage, it actually isn't. The dome's dry, consistant surface and lack of wind will give teams with better talent an even bigger advantage. The dome could potentially be an advantage if half the fans wouldn't show up dressed as a blue seat or wearing Bucky, Hawkeye, or Maize and Blue colors.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Irishmans Shanty wrote: For many years I thought the dome was a homefield advantage, it actually isn't. The dome's dry, consistant surface and lack of wind will give teams with better talent an even bigger advantage.
What are you, Bong now?! :lol: It's a JOKE!!!

Don't get me wrong - I'm not thinking they have a chance against OSU, I'm just saying that over the last 3 or 4 years, the Gophers haven't really been "routed" at home - if the gophersports.com scores are right, it looks like the most they've lost by is 14 (against OSU in '05) over the last 4 years. So, with any luck they'll be able to hang in there like that again this season. But again, sight unseen...
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Govs93 wrote: What are you, Bong now?! :lol:
Not funny! :x
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Neutron 14 wrote:
I may have stepped over the line. I apologize.
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Govs93 wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
I may have stepped over the line. I apologize.
Folks at the fair seem to be unhappy with the Govs about this last unprovoked attack!!
Image----------------Image

8)
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

I've seen too many Gopher coaches come in talking a good game to believe anything that Brewster says. The only thing that counts is what happens on the field.

My gut tells me this guy is a used car salesman and will be back on the lot in three years, but I hope it's just all the fried Fair food that I had this weekend talking...
dangla.

Post by dangla. »

yess i was watchin this thing on fsn he seem 'VERY' confident in a winning season.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Well, good start! First series out of the box, they allow an 80 yard drive, 53 yard TD pass, and freshman QB to go 4-4 against them. BGSU up 7-0 1:19 into the game.

Wacker II?
Irishmans Shanty

It's early, I see 70+ points going on the board tonight.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Govs93 wrote:Well, good start! First series out of the box, they allow an 80 yard drive, 53 yard TD pass, and freshman QB to go 4-4 against them. BGSU up 7-0 1:19 into the game.

Wacker II?
Make that BGSU up 14-0 6:38 into the game... Their QB is still perfect and now has a TD reception on a HB pass.
HShockeywatcher

Are any other networks going to be airing the games on Big 10 network other than the Big 10 Network?
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

They've battled back nicely to tie it up in the 4th. Nice to see the halftime adjustments worked, because they were horrible in the 1st half. A little reminiscent of the Denny Green/Brian Billick adjustments back in the mid-late 90's.

Still nothing overly impressive about this game, but it's nice to see that they didn't quit.
Irishmans Shanty

They've come all the way back to square it at 21's, D needs a stop or better yet, a turnover.
HShockeywatcher

I'll take a field goal if we can hold onto the win
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Gophers lose 32-31 in OT on a very ballsy call by BGSU - going for 2 instead of the tie. Smart call... unless it didn't work. :wink:
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Geezo Beezo II comes in and talks about his wide open offense, he has no QB, no WR, and the only thing the Gophs can do is what they have been good at, running the ball; go figure.

Bowling Green lost to Temple last year, Temple!!! The Gophs beat Temple 62-0 and now they lose to BG - a team with 40+ freshmen and sophomores. This may be the all-time low in Gopher football. It's one thing to be bad but to be bad and have no fundementals on defence and a Childress type arrogance for an entire half offensively is not a good way to sell tickets or build faith.

When is Spring Training?
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

goldy313 wrote:Geezo Beezo II comes in and talks about his wide open offense, he has no QB, no WR, and the only thing the Gophs can do is what they have been good at, running the ball; go figure.
I don't know about the "no WR" thing... Wheelwright has been pretty solid for the last couple of seasons... I don't know if he's one of the "elite" in the country, but he has good size, and good hands. I don't think he's the quickest WR around, but he's pretty consistent.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

almost the entire BG team returned too. The gophers are basically gettind used to a new team and the defense took a hit in the legal department. nice to see they could even force OT after that wonderful first half
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20