Playoff Games Wednesday 2/28/24

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ClassAGuy

Playoff Games Wednesday 2/28/24

Post by ClassAGuy »

Class A Playoffs
Section 1A Final @ Rochester Rec Center
#1 Northfield vs #2 Dodge County

Section 2A Final @ SLP Red Center
#1 Orono vs #3 Minneapolis

Section 3A Final @ GAC
#2 New Ulm vs #5 Marshall

Section 5A Final @ Elk River
#1 St Cloud Cathedral vs #2 Monticello

Section 7A Final @ Amsoil Arena
#1 Hermantown vs #3 Hibbing/Chisholm

Class AA Playoffs
Section 4AA SF Games @ Aldrich
#1 Hill Murray vs #4 Gentry Academy
#2 White Bear Lake vs #3 Stillwater

Section 6AA Final @ BIG
#1 Wayzata vs #2 Edina

Section 8AA Final @ MAC
#4 Elk River vs #6 Buffalo
ClassAGuy

Re: Playoff Games Wednesday 2/28/24

Post by ClassAGuy »

Gentry leads Hill Murray 2-0 1st period....
Get two early ones on HM 5 minute Major

Pioneers pressuring now don't want to dig too big of a hole. Should be interesting to see what happens in this one.

Gentry takes a Major now :shock: Geez 24 PIMS 1st period
Gov78

Post by Gov78 »

Sounds like east side hockey
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

Scoreboard for today's games, seems to be updated often:

https://www.legacy.hockey/schedule/day/ ... son=900245
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

ClassAGuy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:24 pm Gentry leads Hill Murray 2-0 1st period....
Get two early ones on HM 5 minute Major

Pioneers pressuring now don't want to dig too big of a hole. Should be interesting to see what happens in this one.

Gentry takes a Major now :shock: Geez 24 PIMS 1st period
Would love to get a recap from someone of the game. I’m city hopping for work - was monitoring the game sitting on the tarmac in Chi - plane took off with Hill down 2-1 - by the time I got wifi yo and running the game was over. Looked like Gentry did all their damage on a major, then Hill wore them down?
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

It was an odd game. Odd officiating calls. Weird things happened. I swear Gentry scored breaking into the zone when ot was still 2-0, and it seemed like no one on the Gentry sode even noticed, no hollering, I don't know how it couldn't have gone in. But I need to pull that up on the stream to review it.

Gentry had several good chances to go up 3-0. They kept a tight box on the PK, kept the lanes jammed up.
Hockey Is For Everyone
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

Somehow Edina has played a penalty-free game...

Edit: Edina finally takes first penalty 40 minutes into the game.
Last edited by ryguyMN on Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy
East Side Pioneer Guy

JerseyDave wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:49 pm Scoreboard for today's games, seems to be updated often:

Not all. that often. It still shows Wayzata up 1-0 and it's 2-1 Green.
Hockey Is For Everyone
slacsap

Post by slacsap »

That's pretty much what happened. Hill outshot Gentry by a 2-1 margin, but was still behind with six minutes left. TYhey got teh tying goal and teh go ahead goal about two minutes later. An empty net goal with 12 seconds left accounted for the 4-2 final.
Hill's going to havbe to play better on Friday. White Bear has been dominant so far against Stillwater, up 3-0
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

BHS Section 2A Championship Final
#1 Oronoboyshockey 4
#3 MPLS 1
Final
Orono wears down Minneapolis and scores 3 unanswered goals in the 3rd period and they head back to state for the 2nd straight year!
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

Thanks for the recaps. Interesting. I was actually very worried about Gentry going into sections. Earlier this year Hill was digging themselves all sorts of holes against teams - and my thought was that Gentry could build an insurmountable lead. Sounds like they almost did.

I see the Bears are smacking around the Ponies early on. We’ll see if that holds.
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
StanleyCup55

Post by StanleyCup55 »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:39 pm
JerseyDave wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:49 pm Scoreboard for today's games, seems to be updated often:

4-1 now Edina up
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Final. 4-1.

Pretty impressive performance by Edina from the 1st Intermission on.......
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

BHS Section 1A Championship Final
#1 NFLD 4
#2 Dodge County 1
Final
Northfield throw the kitchen sink at Dodge County Goalie Roethler who was outstanding all game. The Raiders though proved to be too much in the end and they head back to STATE for the 2nd straight year!
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:39 pm

I noticed the same thing, I think it still says 1-0. I guess each game is dependent on who is sending in the info.
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

BHS 7A Championship Final
#1 Hermantown 4
#3 Hibbing 0
Final
Hermantown just wears down the youngsters from Hibbing, who will be back! For now the Hawks head back to State for the 14th time in the last 15 years!
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

BHS 5A Championship Final
#1 SCC 4
#2 Monticello 1
Final
St Cloud Cathedral uses a big three goal first period to get past Monticello. The Crusaders now head back to State for the 6th time in the last 10 years.
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

ryguyMN wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:38 pm Somehow Edina has played a penalty-free game...

Edit: Edina finally takes first penalty 40 minutes into the game.
Despite my officiating gripes, Edina was clearly the better team against Wayzata.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

BHS Section 3A Championship Final
#2 New Ulm 4
#5 Marshall 2
Final
New Ulm makes the 3rd time a charm as they knock out Marshall and head back to state for the first time since 2019. Congrats to Eagles Austin Uecker on his 200th career point in the win!
CrimsonCakeEater

Post by CrimsonCakeEater »

Doc Holliday wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:57 pm Final. 4-1.

Pretty impressive performance by Edina from the 1st Intermission on.......
Felt a lot like their first meeting. Wayzata the better team in the first (not as dominant as at PIC though, despite the better scoreline) but then Edina really controlled the game after that, ending 4-1. Edina earned this trip for sure, beat both Wayzata and BSM in sections, and outscored #2 Wayzata 11-6 on the season, 11-5 in regulation. Two 4-1 wins, neither with ENGs and an OTL. Also their third straight year making state from the bottom half of the 6AA bracket.
Small town on the west side with a dream
HSHockeyPurist

Post by HSHockeyPurist »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:37 pm It was an odd game. Odd officiating calls. Weird things happened. I swear Gentry scored breaking into the zone when ot was still 2-0, and it seemed like no one on the Gentry sode even noticed, no hollering, I don't know how it couldn't have gone in. But I need to pull that up on the stream to review it.

Gentry had several good chances to go up 3-0. They kept a tight box on the PK, kept the lanes jammed up.
I thought the exact same thing. They said it went off the pipe but there was no clank, the puck came out soft. Just the opposite thing happened in the WBL/SW game--clank, bounce of goalie, puck swept out of the zone and they came back and called it a goal.
East Side Pioneer Guy

HSHockeyPurist wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:43 pm
East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:37 pm It was an odd game. Odd officiating calls. Weird things happened. I swear Gentry scored breaking into the zone when ot was still 2-0, and it seemed like no one on the Gentry sode even noticed, no hollering, I don't know how it couldn't have gone in. But I need to pull that up on the stream to review it.

I thought the exact same thing. They said it went off the pipe but there was no clank, the puck came out soft. Just the opposite thing happened in the WBL/SW game--clank, bounce of goalie, puck swept out of the zone and they came back and called it a goal.
Well in the latter case the refs consulted the goal judge, who for some reason told them it went in despite never turning on the red light. The Gentry coach didn't protest at the next whistle, and I was soooooo glad when they dropped the puck again. It more like a dull.thunk.than a clank.
Hockey Is For Everyone
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:02 am

Well in the latter case the refs consulted the goal judge, who for some reason told them it went in despite never turning on the red light. The Gentry coach didn't protest at the next whistle, and I was soooooo glad when they dropped the puck again. It more like a dull.thunk.than a clank.
I, As well as lots of other fans, sitting on the Hill Murray/White bear side, Had a clear view of the contested goals in both games. Clearly, both of them were goals. Gentry got robbed, for white bear, the goal counted and should have counted.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Was this non-goal in the first period? I tried to find it today on the stream, but don't see the play at all.

There's the breakaway for Gentry after its 2-1, but the video shows that hitting the post.
East Side Pioneer Guy

inthetwine wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:04 am
East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:02 am

I, As well as lots of other fans, sitting on the Hill Murray/White bear side, Had a clear view of the contested goals in both games. Clearly, both of them were goals. Gentry got robbed, for white bear, the goal counted and should have counted.
Wait!!! Did you leave the building and re-enter??? Or did you wait in the rest room?
Hockey Is For Everyone