Private schools with there own section

MNPuckster27

Carpenter

Post by MNPuckster27 »

I agree, covering the whole state should be the most important thing. But the way the TC area is growing the 7 section format might actually help that out more than keeping the 8 we have now. <p></p><i></i>
98irish

Re: all commenters

Post by 98irish »

Hi All:<br>I'm also from the private school sector when the Independent schools played a separate state tournament and I used to love the separate tourneys. I could travel to Duluth for the Private school tourney and then head down to the old St Paul auditorium for the Public School tourney. The battles between Hill and Duluth Cathedral and the St. Paul Johnson clashes with International falls. What could be better? Best of both worlds! The 7 Sections with the back door and the Independent Tournament. Let's give it a try again, but with a twist Last game winner take all between the winners of the Public Tournament vs the winner of the Private tourney. Only problem would be we'd have to put a rink in the MetroDome to house all the fans that would come to see it. <p></p><i></i>
Bart82

Brooklyn Park Bureaucrats

Post by Bart82 »

True, the tourney was never set up to be a "best of the field" but you can't tell me that we wouldn't have a true geographic state tourney with Seven Geographical Sections represented.<br><br>Alas, the biggest obstacle to "recreating" the great event that the State Tourney used to be are the MSHL bureaucrats in Brooklin Park. <br><br>They are shameless. They use the hockey tourney as a "cash cow" and then they are immovable on doing anything to make it a more attractive event.<br> <p></p><i></i>