Bantam Elite League

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BantamElite

Bantam Elite League

Post by BantamElite »

We plan to announce our league invites and tryout dates for 2015 - next season - sometime this week. Our first weekend of hockey was a great draw...we had a lot of fans on hand and scouts from USNDTP, Division I, WHL and USHL teams (14 total scouts checked in over the weekend).

On top of that, writers from Youth Hockey Hub, MN Hockey Prospects, and Western Elite Prospects all covered it.

We play games in St. Cloud and Bloomington this weekend and Grand Rapids the following.
BantamElite

Post by BantamElite »

Our list of 75 skaters and 5 goalies is now listed on our site:

www.bantamelite.com

A link to our tryouts will be posted Thursday.

We plan on announcing our full '15 teams, at our Championship Weekend in September.
snyper12

Re: Bantam Elite League

Post by snyper12 »

BantamElite wrote:We plan to announce our league invites and tryout dates for 2015 - next season - sometime this week. Our first weekend of hockey was a great draw...we had a lot of fans on hand and scouts from USNDTP, Division I, WHL and USHL teams (14 total scouts checked in over the weekend).

On top of that, writers from Youth Hockey Hub, MN Hockey Prospects, and Western Elite Prospects all covered it.

We play games in St. Cloud and Bloomington this weekend and Grand Rapids the following.
What a great addition to MN hockey. I'm sure being the first year a few bugs to work out but huge congrats on the early success.
thefatcat

Post by thefatcat »

12% of the invitees come from Edina....seems a little too heavy in my humble opinion given how many kids there at this age level.
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

thefatcat wrote:12% of the invitees come from Edina....seems a little too heavy in my humble opinion given how many kids there at this age level.
1- I hate Edina. I have since the early 90's.
2- There is SO much talent in the 99-00 levels at Edina.

Even as a self-proclaimed Hornet Hater, this feels legit.
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

thefatcat wrote:12% of the invitees come from Edina....seems a little too heavy in my humble opinion given how many kids there at this age level.
Aren't we starting to see the kids from the squirt team of a few years ago who went two seasons with no loss or tie and huge scores? If so, it could be legit.
BantamElite

Post by BantamElite »

A link to sign up for our tryouts will be posted here tomorrow:

http://www.bantamelite.com/page/show/903406--15-tryouts

Some of the best players in the League are players that came from our tryout last Summer.
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

BantamElite wrote:A link to sign up for our tryouts will be posted here tomorrow:

http://www.bantamelite.com/page/show/903406--15-tryouts

Some of the best players in the League are players that came from our tryout last Summer.
Some Great players in that league from tryouts! This age of boys can develop so quickly it's nearly impossible to hit every kid, but next years list looks fantastic. Only one weekend in, but simply fantastic hockey played last w/e. Sunday was better than Saturday. I think this was due to state baseball tourney and HS scrimmages forcing some kids to miss. I will be sending my kid to tryout next year.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Has Minnesota had a better group of goalies than these 2018's

:shock:
JSR

Post by JSR »

MrBoDangles wrote:Has Minnesota had a better group of goalies than these 2018's

Your probably right and that is just another piece of evidence to back up what twop different scouts have told me. That being that nationally (MN included), at this point in the development cycle, that the 2000's are the deepest, AND most talented age group overall the USA has ever produced. We'll see if that translates to D1 and Professional success down the road but that is what some folks in the know are saying right now.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

No disrespect to the 1985 year class of goalies..

@ oldgoalie85
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

JSR wrote:

Your probably right and that is just another piece of evidence to back up what twop different scouts have told me. That being that nationally (MN included), at this point in the development cycle, that the 2000's are the deepest, AND most talented age group overall the USA has ever produced. We'll see if that translates to D1 and Professional success down the road but that is what some folks in the know are saying right now.
In the BEL games, there are a lot of high score games, so goalie numbers are not necessary that good. Not saying that goalies are not good, just saying skaters can score plenty on them.
JSR

Post by JSR »

Mnhockeys wrote:
JSR wrote:

In the BEL games, there are a lot of high score games, so goalie numbers are not necessary that good. Not saying that goalies are not good, just saying skaters can score plenty on them.
I should have clarified my statement. I was talking about everyone, forwards, defenseman, goalies, I meant the entire class of hockey players not just the goalies. I can see how my statement could have been read that way though since MrBo's statement was about goalies. So the scoring doesn't surprise either because the 2000's skaters are being considered uber talented as well.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Thanks Bo. I was starting to think everyone forgot. :lol:
BantamElite

Post by BantamElite »

The demand for getting into our tryouts has been great (all slots filled the first day). In order to get some additional talented kids into our tryout, we added an additional tryout on Wednesday, August 27 at 7:15 pm. The original tryout kids signed up for Wednesday will be moved to 5:45.

Players born July 1, 2000 to June 2001 can send an email to bantamelite@gmail.com to sign up. We have 20 of the 40 slots filled already with people who missed the tryout sign up and reached out. We expect to fill these final 20 spots fairly fast.

All tryouts will be held at Bloomington Ice Garden.

For more info on the BEL, visit www.bantamelite.com.