White bear's ownership over District 2

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MrBoDangles

White bear's ownership over District 2

Post by MrBoDangles »

I always wondered how it was possible for WB to have so many HP players on the 15's roster (over half some years) back in the day.. Should have been obvious.. And now the WB run 14/15's is comical. The whole USA system is a joke if these are the ground roots to our country's program. Outside evaluators and coaches are desperately needed.

Shame on the ones involved.
Goaliedad1

Post by Goaliedad1 »

D2 14/15 HP team has Bantam B1 goalie that made the team. Thought you had to be a A or AA player?

Ugottobekiddingme

Post by Ugottobekiddingme »

I heard a rumor the WBL was carrying the brunt of the $384,000 missing in D2. Pick the players as you may.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Goaliedad1 wrote:D2 14/15 HP team has Bantam B1 goalie that made the team. Thought you had to be a A or AA player?

That's great, if well deserved. I'm all for it!

Bleeding orange with reckless abandon... I'm not!
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

I'd just like to say, in all fairness to Mr. Melon, here, it was a really big check.
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

Goaliedad1 wrote:D2 14/15 HP team has Bantam B1 goalie that made the team. Thought you had to be a A or AA player?

I see no problem with this. I think the A/AA "requirement" is limiting. If the kid deserved it, great.
SECoach

Post by SECoach »

The HP 14/15 program is relatively new, and not widely known. It's offseason so I suspect that some administrators in some organizations may not be on the ball with publicizing this program to their members. If WBL is hosting this they may not have the same problem. Maybe none of this is accurate, but I wanted to point out that assuming that it's a political, cheating fiasco, without knowing details is premature at best.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

SECoach wrote:The HP 14/15 program is relatively new, and not widely known. It's offseason so I suspect that some administrators in some organizations may not be on the ball with publicizing this program to their members. If WBL is hosting this they may not have the same problem. Maybe none of this is accurate, but I wanted to point out that assuming that it's a political, cheating fiasco, without knowing details is premature at best.
It's been a common theme every year. Blaine guy coaches an elite d team and half the kids are from blaine. Totino Grace guy gets in and coaches at the 16 level and a bunch of TG kids all of a sudden make it.. WB has been consistent with this stuff at the 15/younger levels and push any kid (*a couple are very deserving) through that can see straight and hold a stick.... I guess we can expect that when the district program is led through WB.

I also heard D2 was heavily looked on by rose(ville) colored glasses at this level.

Talent will end up where they belong since the buddy system can only get you so far...

Did the one dad bring donuts again?? :lol:
SECoach

Post by SECoach »

MrBoDangles wrote:
SECoach wrote:The HP 14/15 program is relatively new, and not widely known. It's offseason so I suspect that some administrators in some organizations may not be on the ball with publicizing this program to their members. If WBL is hosting this they may not have the same problem. Maybe none of this is accurate, but I wanted to point out that assuming that it's a political, cheating fiasco, without knowing details is premature at best.
It's been a common theme every year. Blaine guy coaches an elite d team and half the kids are from blaine. Totino Grace guy gets in and coaches at the 16 level and a bunch of TG kids all of a sudden make it.. WB has been consistent with this stuff at the 15/younger levels and push any kid (*a couple are very deserving) through that can see straight and hold a stick.... I guess we can expect that when the district program is led through WB.

I also heard D2 was heavily looked on by rose(ville) colored glasses at this level.

Talent will end up where they belong since the buddy system can only get you so far...

On one hand I think it's unfortunate that some feel they can see the conspiracy in everything. On the other hand, I guess we are fortunate to have those that do point out the rare but real conspiracies.
stromboli

Post by stromboli »

SECoach wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:

On one hand I think it's unfortunate that some feel they can see the conspiracy in everything. On the other hand, I guess we are fortunate to have those that do point out the rare but real conspiracies.
Even if most of the conspiracies have some real level of politics or bias, it still won't hold back any truly outstanding players or late bloomers from getting seen. Plenty of kids make their marks after highschool, though it may take a bit longer than if they had earlier opportunities to be showcased.

Highschool coaches don't care what summer team your kid played for as a youth player -- just like junior programs and colleges have their own scouting programs that reach outside of showcase teams and events. If a kid doesn't get selected for selects, elite, fill-in-the-blank program,,, it's not something to lose sleep over. Though it may be motivation for a kid to work harder.
JoltDelivered

Post by JoltDelivered »

Ugottobekiddingme wrote:I heard a rumor the WBL was carrying the brunt of the $384,000 missing in D2. Pick the players as you may.
Whatever happend to that D2 board memeber that got pinched with his hand in the cookie jar? Did he go to prision? Does anybody know for sure?
"I find tinsel distracting"
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

SECoach wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:

No conspiracy... This one and others are actually humorous.

I only pointed out a few examples among hundreds.. It's kinda like having parents choose a crown for who is the nicest, funniest, cutest, most athletic and mostest awesomest between their town and a rival... Doesn't work. That's why you always see coaches/parents with overloaded rosters from their own towns... Not always, (few good folks left) but most of the time.

Flawed

Cue the joke about "people from my town so ugly..."

:wink:
Marty

Post by Marty »

Yet does WBL kick out more than its fair share of D1 scholarship players ?
CHI-TOWN HOCKEYDAD

Post by CHI-TOWN HOCKEYDAD »

Marty wrote:Yet does WBL kick out more than its fair share of D1 scholarship players ?
FL kicks out a fair share but has been rarely represented on the D2 teams. Either they are all late bloomers, their talent compass is off or the system is flawed :?: