Poll - Section 1AA Section Finals - Lakeville North vs South

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Section 1AA Finals Who Ya Got!

Poll ended at Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:18 am

Lakeville North
30%
Lakeville South
70%

Total votes: 40

nahc

Poll - Section 1AA Section Finals - Lakeville North vs South

Post by nahc »

Third year in a row with a trip to the Excel at stake......should be a GREAT game in Rochester on Thursday evening!
RickyTicky

Post by RickyTicky »

They split the 2 games in the regular season.. Most would say South has more talent on the team but that hasn't stopped North in the past as they always bring their game to another level when they play South. I wonder if the fact that neither team was challenged so far in the playoffs if it will affect their game at all. Like another poster said "Once you put 'er in neutral its sometimes hard to get it back in to full speed ahead"
shoottowin

Post by shoottowin »

Both teams had better bring their best - this will be a good one!
longdistancespectator8

Post by longdistancespectator8 »

I think a lot of this will come down to how the game is reffed. In the past, North has liked to get physical and wear down South on the fore check, but with the new emphasis on boarding and penalties of that sort South will likely spend quite a bit of time on the powerplay. They are clipping along at like 40% this year so that aspect of the game is what I think will make or break it for south.

South capitalizes on powerplays final score 5-2.

I would love to see Kloos finish off a 200+ point career with his first trip to the State Tournament. The kid sure does deserve to win one of these Section Championships.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

longdistancespectator8 wrote:I think a lot of this will come down to how the game is reffed. In the past, North has liked to get physical and wear down South on the fore check, but with the new emphasis on boarding and penalties of that sort South will likely spend quite a bit of time on the powerplay. They are clipping along at like 40% this year so that aspect of the game is what I think will make or break it for south.

South capitalizes on powerplays final score 5-2.

I would love to see Kloos finish off a 200+ point career with his first trip to the State Tournament. The kid sure does deserve to win one of these Section Championships.
Agree with a lot of what you said. The new rules would definitely favor LS first line and their wide open, offensive style of play. I have said it here several times before I think it will awesome for the entire state to see a star like Kloos play at the X.

This game will be a grudge match and it never really matters in these types of games (just like the classic Jefferson Kennedy battles throughout the 80s and early 90s) who has the more skilled team. For LN its obvious what they have to do: keep Kloos and Harvey off the score sheet and Free up Winiecki and Peterson. For LS they need to get quality scoring chances and rebounds on a less than stellar LN goalie.

I'll go with LS 4-3 in OT.
Gov78

Post by Gov78 »

They should make 1AA the backdoor section for 2AA and 6AA.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Ah, the first shot has been fired!
USAhorrorstory

Post by USAhorrorstory »

Gov78 wrote:They should make 1AA the backdoor section for 2AA and 6AA.
And how about 3AA? 2AA also only has 2 horses in the race. Jefferson has been on the down fall, prior lake although improving in their association was in no way a contender in sections. Point of the matter is, yes 1AA is consistently weak year in and year out, but there are always sections that are just as weak. Maybe STA would like to shake their A classification and add a little more depth to the section??
RickyTicky

Post by RickyTicky »

South has beaten Burnsville in both games they played this year and played Edina in the their first game of the year (Edina's 3rd) so I think your "2AA backdoor" comment is a little ridiculous. They have proven to play the top teams in the state tough this year and with a kid like Kloos on your team anything can happen. IF they make it, I'd be on upset alert..
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

USAhorrorstory wrote:
And how about 3AA? 2AA also only has 2 horses in the race. Jefferson has been on the down fall, prior lake although improving in their association was in no way a contender in sections. Point of the matter is, yes 1AA is consistently weak year in and year out, but there are always sections that are just as weak. Maybe STA would like to shake their A classification and add a little more depth to the section??
Another shot in a different battle? :lol:
skiumah

Post by skiumah »

It's not Lakevilles fault the southern teams are on a down cycle. Imagine the Lakeville schools not being in Section 1AA. :shock:
longdistancespectator8

Post by longdistancespectator8 »

Will this game be broadcasted anywhere?
RickyTicky

Post by RickyTicky »

I believe you can listen to it here..

http://www.mnsportsnetwork.com/scores.php

Not sure about video or if there will be any. I will be at the game and do my best to update!
butterball5

Post by butterball5 »

South 3-1
gopherpuck516

Post by gopherpuck516 »

I think Kloos comes up big in this one with 4+ points.

LS 6
LN 3
cooper26

Post by cooper26 »

South
7-2
Kloos and the goaltender come up big.
Monkey's off the back.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

USAhorrorstory wrote:
Lol
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

I've been saying throw Burnsville back in section 1AA for yrs. You could also put Eagan or AV (although that would kill 3AA), in there. Burnsville had section 1 locked down throughout the 80s and early 90s and represented well.
RickyTicky

Post by RickyTicky »

Here's a good story line.. South wins 5-4 in OT with Kloos scoring the game winning goal.. after he had already tallied a goal and 3 assists in regulation giving him 40 goals, 60 assists for 100 points heading into state.. really not that far fetched I guess..
Neuuman

Post by Neuuman »

RickyTicky wrote:Here's a good story line.. South wins 5-4 in OT with Kloos scoring the game winning goal.. after he had already tallied a goal and 3 assists in regulation giving him 40 goals, 60 assists for 100 points heading into state.. really not that far fetched I guess..
It would be nice, but I'll settle for a 1-0 South victory with the one goal being knocked in by a North defenseman. :D
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

RickyTicky wrote:Here's a good story line.. South wins 5-4 in OT with Kloos scoring the game winning goal.. after he had already tallied a goal and 3 assists in regulation giving him 40 goals, 60 assists for 100 points heading into state.. really not that far fetched I guess..
RTicky-are you secretly Kloos' GF?!! 8) :roll: :wink:

I'm just messing with ya big guy! Should be a fun game.
RickyTicky

Post by RickyTicky »

I can neither confirm or deny a man crush on Kloos :lol: .. Wait a sec, was that just a friendly joke you just played on me? I know we have butted heads but maybe I was wrong, maybe you aren't pure cynical.. (Que "why can't we be friends" by WAR) :x :roll: :)
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

This game is my pick for game of the week, last year this was the best final and most years the most unpredictable final happens in1AA. I expect a war again this year. Addto that Norths band is worth the admission alone if you like that kind of thing.
Last edited by goldy313 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
MNHockey1109

Post by MNHockey1109 »

I'd love to finally see this Kloos kid play at state. I'll take LS 4-2.
Tornadoes 2003StateChamps

Post by Tornadoes 2003StateChamps »

South 6
North 2