Edina 12U A came to town

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

lrugland

Edina 12U A came to town

Post by lrugland »

What a fun team to play. Our team played them hard and outshot them in the game. Ended up a 6-2 game for Edina. I sure hope we get to play them again. Fun kids and parents. The kids all went out to eat after the game and mixed up very well. They even took our team out for a bus ride ;) The girls thought that was great.

Thanks to the Edina team and parents for making the trip up north. Glad to have you in Roseau for the day!
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

The Edina team made a stop in Bemidji too. The game was a blow out in Edina's favor and could have been much worse than it was, as Bemidji took a couple of "frustration" penalties, but after the game the two teams gathered for a group picture and there were lots of smiles. That is what youth sports should be. Too bad Bemidji couldn't give them a better game.
lrugland

Post by lrugland »

They also played Warroad on the trip up north. Not a good game for them either. The Edina team also took pictures with us and Warroad after the games. Great memories for the players for sure. I talked to a Warroad parent tonight and they said that the Edina girls were the nicest team they have ever lost to :wink: Gifts to the players and pictures after the game. Class act for sure.

I did hear about the Bemidji teams score today. Have some good friends that have their kids on the team. Sounds like our Roseau team might get a lot stronger in the next couple weeks. Sure hope we get to play Edina again.
Pens4

Post by Pens4 »

[quote="lrugland"

I did hear about the Bemidji teams score today. Have some good friends that have their kids on the team. Sounds like our Roseau team might get a lot stronger in the next couple weeks. Sure hope we get to play Edina again.[/quote]

Are you saying there are 10u's moving mid-season for greener rinks?
lrugland

Post by lrugland »

Pens4 wrote:
Are you saying there are 10u's moving mid-season for greener rinks?
No 10U's moving anywhere. Just might be getting a goalie back that played for the passed 4 years that did not want to play this year. We do not have any 10U's that would keep up with this team. Very strong skaters on our 12U team. Should be a fun year!