Funniest Hockey Story

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Bash Brother

Funniest Hockey Story

Post by Bash Brother »

Funniest Hockey Story.

Ready Go. Any story will do. Just make sure its funny.
BB
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Here is one theref will like:

St. Peter and Satan were having an argument one day about hockey. Satan proposed a game to be played on neutral ice between a select team from the heavenly host and his own hand-picked boys.

"Very well," said the gatekeeper of Heaven. "But you realize, I hope, that we've got all the good players and the best coaches."

"I know, and that's all right," Satan answered unperturbed, "We've got all the referees."
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

packerboy wrote:Here is one theref will like:

St. Peter and Satan were having an argument one day about hockey. Satan proposed a game to be played on neutral ice between a select team from the heavenly host and his own hand-picked boys.

"Very well," said the gatekeeper of Heaven. "But you realize, I hope, that we've got all the good players and the best coaches."

"I know, and that's all right," Satan answered unperturbed, "We've got all the referees."
:lol: I would expect nothing less from Packerboy.
The U invented swagger.
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

Nice :lol: :lol: :lol:
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Grrreat! :lol:
theref

Post by theref »

You're right! I love it. :twisted:
theref

Post by theref »

And for all of you that love to see us officials go down, go to youtube.com and do a search for exactly the following: hockey referee in net

This took place in Hermantown in a PeeWee A game featuring Hermantown vs. Jefferson. I' really glad one of the Jefferson parents caught this on tape. The kid in the video gets hasseled about it all the time.
Donkey9

Post by Donkey9 »

I got to two funny stories.....

1st was last year we played duluth denfeld and some how our goalie ended up sitting in the box for a 5min penalty. First and only time I have ever seen a goalie serving a penalty.

2nd was also last year when we had our whole first line and our number one defenseman all in the box for 10min major for all getting in a little scuffle at the end of a period. the best part was that three of the people in the box were the captains of the team...

Post by wbmd »

Donkey9 wrote:I got to two funny stories.....

1st was last year we played duluth denfeld and some how our goalie ended up sitting in the box for a 5min penalty. First and only time I have ever seen a goalie serving a penalty.

2nd was also last year when we had our whole first line and our number one defenseman all in the box for 10min major for all getting in a little scuffle at the end of a period. the best part was that three of the people in the box were the captains of the team...

White Bears' Jon Anderson (probably in 2003) had a 10 minute misconduct and the ref made him sit in the box.

The other was sometime in the 80's when a North St. Paul goalie had to sit for a minor penalty.
theref

Post by theref »

Donkey9 wrote:I got to two funny stories.....

I have also seen a goaltender serve a penalty before. Goalie put a big slash on a guy standing in front of the net. Ref called a five minute major for slashing and the goalie's coach was so ticked at him that he made him serve the penalty and then sat him the rest of the game. I believe they also put a second guy in the box so that someone could join play when the penalty was over. Good move by the coach who was trying to prove a point.
Donkey9

Post by Donkey9 »

oops sorry my bad 10 min "misconduct"
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Donkey9 wrote:oops sorry my bad 10 min "misconduct"
Pretty Major screwup there Donkey!!! :lol:
Donkey9

Post by Donkey9 »

Pretty Major screwup there Donkey!!!
Wouldn't expect much less from a Donkey would you?

Class play on words though, I liked it....