So I'm Finally In...

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

EREmpireStrikesBack

So I'm Finally In...

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

And I've got tickets to the AA State Tourney. Just curious on recommendations as to where to prefer my seating.

Options are:
Lower level sides (Rows 1-7 w/ penalty box/players benches in sight line)
Lower level corners/ends
Club level end
Upper level sides

I've sat nearly everywhere in the X at one time or another. Was at the Wild opener on upper level side and that wasn't too bad, going to the Ice Breaker Invitational tomorrow & Saturday and have Club Level end for that. I was leaning towards Club Level end, but if I am way off please let me know. All input appreciated.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

The lower level sides are too low, I'd avoid them.

Really your two best options are the Club Level end or the lower level corners/ends.

I'd probably go with the Club level end but I've actually got tickets on the lower level corner closest to the West 7th/Kellogg corner entrance and they're great seats, about twenty rows up and literally a straight line from the Liffey. Of course, when you're coming from the Liffey it can be hard to walk in a straight line...
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Go with Club Level. Its a good view and its more comfortable. If you go all day Thursday, Its nice to be able to get up and walk around.: Concessions are close.

I have tickets down low and I like them but I d switch them for Club.
elliott70

Re: So I'm Finally In...

Post by elliott70 »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:And I've got tickets to the AA State Tourney. Just curious on recommendations as to where to prefer my seating.

Options are:
Lower level corners/ends
Club level end
Upper level sides

I've sat nearly everywhere in the X at one time or another. Was at the Wild opener on upper level side and that wasn't too bad, going to the Ice Breaker Invitational tomorrow & Saturday and have Club Level end for that. I was leaning towards Club Level end, but if I am way off please let me know. All input appreciated.

Club level end - sit by me.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Club level like section 236, penalty boxes were to my left, maybe 237.

Excellent game view, easy to get up and stretch etc...
Nice people (other thatn perhaps the old, fat, loud mouth.).
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

elliott70 wrote:Club level like section 236, penalty boxes were to my left, maybe 237.

FAMER got seats there :shock: :lol:
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
elliott70 wrote:Club level like section 236, penalty boxes were to my left, maybe 237.

FAMER got seats there :shock: :lol:

His seat is right on the ledge. Well it was. Honest, it was just a friendly pat on the back.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Closest ones to the Liffey. Nuff said.
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

Neutron is on to something, I would go with the section that is closest to the concourse leading to the curling club....oops, wrong arena.

Go with the lower level corner seats.
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

Who was that loud guy in the club section?
EREmpireStrikesBack

Re: So I'm Finally In...

elliott70 wrote:
EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:And I've got tickets to the AA State Tourney. Just curious on recommendations as to where to prefer my seating.

Options are:
Lower level corners/ends
Club level end
Upper level sides

Club level end - sit by me.
Well that is the entire reason I would to go the game.

After the Ice Breaker today, I'm going with Club as my #1. I just like how I don't have to crawl up a ton of steps, still have a pretty good view, no lines in the bathroom and I feel important having people check my ticket to get up there :wink: . Thanks guys!

elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

PASTRAPIDSFAN wrote:

Who was that loud guy in the club section?

From da range, I think.
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

I had Club Level seats for the Icebreaker game on Saturday also and I can see the appeal. One thing though the seats are not larger at that level, I was wedged in there pretty good. The easy access to beer was really nice but won't be a factor at the tourney which is probably a good thing.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

ChrisK wrote: One thing though the seats are not larger at that level, I was wedged in there pretty good. The easy access to beer was really nice...
I hope it was light beer!
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

ChrisK wrote:I had Club Level seats for the Icebreaker game on Saturday also and I can see the appeal. One thing though the seats are not larger at that level, I was wedged in there pretty good. The easy access to beer was really nice but won't be a factor at the tourney which is probably a good thing.

Chris

I can fit, so....
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

elliott70 wrote:
ChrisK wrote:I had Club Level seats for the Icebreaker game on Saturday also and I can see the appeal. One thing though the seats are not larger at that level, I was wedged in there pretty good. The easy access to beer was really nice but won't be a factor at the tourney which is probably a good thing.

Chris

I can fit, so....
His wallet must be the problem Elliott, I think 3 ChrisK's could fit in those seats...
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Neutron 14 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

Chris

I can fit, so....
His wallet must be the problem Elliott, I think 3 ChrisK's could fit in those seats...
It wasn't my wallet, but the two guys I was wedged in between. It didn't seem like those seats were bigger than any of the others I've sat in at the Xcel.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

ChrisK wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
Chris

I can fit, so....
It wasn't my wallet, but the two guys I was wedged in between. It didn't seem like those seats were bigger than any of the others I've sat in at the Xcel.

Chris
Too many union cards in your wallet!?!?!?!? :lol:
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

elliott70 wrote:
ChrisK wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote: His wallet must be the problem Elliott, I think 3 ChrisK's could fit in those seats...

Chris
Too many union cards in your wallet!?!?!?!? :lol:
Ouch! stuck one there elliott Image
EREmpireStrikesBack

Shoulda said something, I woulda come and said hey.

packerboy

Post by packerboy »

I guess I never realized that there were so many public school types that had season tickets to the tournamnent.

That must be a new trend.

Next you will tell me that some of them are not even Catholic.

Its like my grandpa used to say:
" The world is goin to hell in a handbasket"
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

packerboy wrote:I guess I never realized that there were so many public school types that had season tickets to the tournamnent.

That must be a new trend.

Next you will tell me that some of them are not even Catholic.

Its like my grandpa used to say:
" The world is goin to hell in a handbasket"
woven at one of of our AP basket weaving classes in the public school system of course :wink:
fighting all who rob or plunder